MERGED: Patriots Planet Draft Party 2007

It's gonna be tough to get 50. As I posted earlier, last year was the biggest one yet and we were in the low 20's. Right now, my wife and I are planning on attending.

bideau on 03-06-2007 at 08:52 AM said:
It's gonna be tough to get 50. As I posted earlier, last year was the biggest one yet and we were in the low 20's. Right now, my wife and I are planning on attending.

I know, I was just relaying the information that was given to me. In general, if it's going to be at Flanagan's, I would have no problem being the Planet's "point person" on this for I have a contact there.

It won't be a problem, I just want the details so I can get to work on this. :D

mikiemo83 on 03-06-2007 at 08:30 AM said:
P4, I think Pat Fanagans is fine, with the number of TV's I am sure the draft will stay on along with the Sox/Yankees game

any objections?
any concerns?

could we get a head count going to see if we meet the number

Quincy is a central location and does have hotels if needed

The draft will be on all day, especially if I'm there. They know better, trust me. The Sox/Yankee game will be on too, but I will request that the volume remain on the draft. :D

I'm good for 2, possibly 3.

So add to the count after each post if your are going -

Mikiemo - 2
Bid - 2
Cookie - 1
Ras - 3

mikiemo83 on 03-06-2007 at 09:26 AM said:
P4 take it away man, I'll gladly step aside for you

I will be there with my wife

I will finalize this at some point during the week. I spoke to the manager this morning after reading the last couple of posts, and as of right now, they are thrilled and honored to have us. Who has the Patriots Planet banner?

Usually at noon time, there is nothing going on there anyways. We should virtually have the entire place to ourselves, minus the local patrons. There would be no need to have the function room as we will be allowed to occupy the entire bar.

I'll keep yous all posted.

Patriots4ever on 03-06-2007 at 09:46 AM said:
Who has the Patriots Planet banner?

Sir Drinkalot and Dame Rachael have the banner. At least they had it in Florida for the Dec 10th Pats/Fish game.

I'll mention it one more time. Every year people have Saturday errands to do/family stuff, etc. While 50 may come- some at 11:30 and some at 3:30- we'll probably have 25 the most at any one time.

I'll be there. Probably by noon.

joephoto on 03-06-2007 at 11:22 AM said:
Sir Drinkalot and Dame Rachael have the banner. At least they had it in Florida for the Dec 10th Pats/Fish game.

I'll mention it one more time. Every year people have Saturday errands to do/family stuff, etc. While 50 may come- some at 11:30 and some at 3:30- we'll probably have 25 the most at any one time.

I'll be there. Probably by noon.

Cool Joe! Look forward to seeing you there.

We need that banner!!!!

I'll likely be there with Mrs DC (apparently, I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye, so she usually goes with me).

I'll be there barring any thing unforseen.
Did you know that draft day is international Chicken Memorial Day. Presidents and heads of state everywhere place flowers at the respective "Unknown Chicken" grave.

I will be there plus another 2 and Quincy sounds good to me! Closer than the stadium :)

Mikiemo - 2
Bid - 2
Cookie - 1
Ras - 3
TBL - 3 Might get a few more if I do I'll find out this week.

Patriots4ever on 03-06-2007 at 06:49 PM said:
Cool.

Make sure you are there early as my wife won't be there until 4pm. :D

I'll probably get there around 1 or 2 :) I expect there to be a drinking waiting for me upon arrival ;)

TBrownslady on 03-06-2007 at 07:13 PM said:
I'll probably get there around 1 or 2 :) I expect there to be a drinking waiting for me upon arrival ;)

Irish Mist OK?

:archive:

Patriots4ever on 03-06-2007 at 09:46 AM said:
I will finalize this at some point during the week. I spoke to the manager this morning after reading the last couple of posts, and as of right now, they are thrilled and honored to have us. Who has the Patriots Planet banner?

Usually at noon time, there is nothing going on there anyways. We should virtually have the entire place to ourselves, minus the local patrons. There would be no need to have the function room as we will be allowed to occupy the entire bar.

I'll keep yous all posted.

Huh, huh, huh, I quoted myself. :D

Pat Flangan's is ready for us! Got the back portion of the bar reserved and everything is in 'go' mode as of right now, today. There are plenty of TVs, plus the big screen where we will commence the draft activities at 12 noon. There will be a sign for us designating the area where the party will be, and they will also have a sign welcoming us (blackboard type deal) at the front where people walk into the establishment inside the front door.

4PM Sox/Yankee game, but the draft will most definately get volume and take precedence. There are 162 baseball games, there is only 1 draft day party per year. We'll live.

On a side note, during every Patriots game on Sundays, they do a free halftime buffet. I am going to request that they do something for us in that regard as well as I have promised them in essence of 25+ drinkers. I will make this request as we approach closer to the date. That means that people wil not have to order their own food, in all liklihood, but can if he/she so desires.

I look forward to seeing you all. My buddy (who isn't a member here) and I are working diligently on this to make this the best draft day party ever. Many surprises and ideas are being thrown around daily! (sorry, no hints, I won't tell) Hopefully this will be the building block for future events to come! :thumb:

If anyone has any comments, questions, or suggestions, you can reach me via e-mail at mngabriel31@beld.net

Patriots4ever on 03-07-2007 at 05:55 PM said:
Many surprises and ideas are being thrown around . . . If anyone has any comments, questions, or suggestions . . .

:spock:

:D

Maybe I should call the Krafts and see if we can get some of the Patriots cheerleaders there.

Either that or just hire some strippers.

TBrownslady on 03-07-2007 at 10:35 PM said:
Can I request that Troy be invited? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

I'm all for it. If you can make that happen, then by all means. :D

I did meet David Givens @ Flanagan's a couple times. That was pretty cool.

dchester on 03-06-2007 at 04:37 PM said:
I'll likely be there with Mrs DC (apparently, I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye, so she usually goes with me).
ROFL

Well what does that say for me?! My wife kisses me good buy with a smile. :confused:

oh yea .... I'll be there as well

so add 1 to the list.

Back