MERGED: Patriots Planet Draft Party 2007

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
Patriots Planet Draft Party 2007

alrighty then, lets try to figure out what to do this year.

The last one, Bid did a great job finding a spot and all that attended had a good time I am told. :D

The subject now is location for we know the date, April 28, and we all know the reason, to drink heavily while the Patriots front office works it's Magic.

anyone have any ideas? suggestions?

the Endzone in Foxborough is back up and running?

Doc's in Milford was great and one of us could check to see if we are allowed back again .... that is an option?

unfortunately the Naked eye is closed so that is out of the question so if anyone else have any suggestions let us know and we can go from there

Looks like Mikie's in charge this year woohoo

I haven't been to Doc's in awhile. Still too ashamed to show my face :doh:

bideau on 02-28-2007 at 11:52 AM said:
Looks like Mikie's in charge this year woohoo

I haven't been to Doc's in awhile. Still too ashamed to show my face :doh:
I emailed the two places I mentioned and inquired if a draft party was planned

I also asked Doc's if the room we used last year was available hoping they remember only the bar tabs and invite us back

RoadGrader on 02-28-2007 at 11:52 AM said:
damn shame but I have a previous engagement that day to have my buttocks boils lanced

no problem, I got this awesome set of tools and with enough pain killer in you I can lance that bad boy for you

see

LR9048.jpg

PA_PATS_FAN54 on 02-28-2007 at 12:03 PM said:
April 28th is blocked off on my calendar toast:

The best Draft Party was STILL the one at the END ZONE. None of this special room with reservations stuff. We showed up and found out they had $1 drafts and 25 cent chicken wings with the Draft on their big TV.
I know that someone ended up just getting a room also.

The idiots are spending $80 for NOTHING (3 soft drink tickets) across the street at the Gillette rip off.

joephoto on 02-28-2007 at 12:13 PM said:
I'll be there while those idiots are spending $80 for NOTHING (3 soft drink tickets) across the street at Gillette.
Come on, don't exagerate. I think you also get a hot dog and potato chips.

:D

joephoto on 02-28-2007 at 12:13 PM said:
The best Draft Party was STILL the one at the END ZONE. None of this special room with reservations stuff. We showed up and found out they had $1 drafts and 25cent chicken wings with the Draft on their big TV.
Joe, last year the zone was closed for a rebuild of the kitchen.

I also remember someone having a different location in an earlier thread....

I am willing to go anywhere and am putting feelers out to a couple places to see their reaction BUT please if anyone knows a place or better the owner of a place let us know

mikiemo83 on 02-28-2007 at 12:12 PM said:
no problem, I got this awesome set of tools and with enough pain killer in you I can lance that bad boy for you

see

LR9048.jpg
wait..........it just dawned on me

the Mrs. mikiemo is in the medical profession, so how's about I cancel the lancing appointment and she maybe has a look at my condition

what can it hurt to get a second opinion?

mikiemo83 on 02-28-2007 at 12:18 PM said:
BUT please if anyone knows a place or better the owner of a place let us know

I disagree. I still think going to the END ZONE and definitely NOT telling them we're coming is the best plan. There is no need for a waitress when they have a BARTENDER.

But if you want to make plans with some owner I'll probably still show up like last year.

RoadGrader on 02-28-2007 at 12:21 PM said:
wait..........it just dawned on me

the Mrs. mikiemo is in the medical profession, so how's about I cancel the lancing appointment and she maybe has a look at my condition

what can it hurt to get a second opinion?
She is working for a catholic hospital so these are the tools they use

SurgeonstoolsPortrait.JPG

I've got an idea! We can all bring a yardstick, drink until the 3rd round of the draft, and then blindfolded we can play "smack RoadGraders boil with a yardstick."

Baron Samedi on 02-28-2007 at 12:49 PM said:
I've got an idea! We can all bring a yardstick, drink until the 3rd round of the draft, and then blindfolded we can play "smack RoadGraders boil with a yardstick."
Geez, what kind of drinking game is that?

:confused:

Baron Samedi on 02-28-2007 at 12:49 PM said:
if you can get HelenaHandBsket to give me some whacks I'm There <strike>And I'm Bare</strike> Like A Bear

joephoto on 02-28-2007 at 12:24 PM said:
I disagree. I still think going to the END ZONE and definitely NOT telling them we're coming is the best plan. There is no need for a waitress when they have a BARTENDER.

But if you want to make plans with some owner I'll probably still show up like last year.

Joe, I'm wondering what the fascination is with The End Zone? I'm not knocking it, just curious why you're pulling for it so strongly. It was an OK place when we went there. The cheap beer was a plus, although some of us don't care for the watered down stuff. But they had just one screen. And the Sox are playing the Yankees at 3:55 that afternoon. There's a strong chance that the draft could get bumped for that.

BTW, Mikie, keep the Sox game in mind when you check around. At most places, the main screens (assuming multiple TV's) will be tuned to that unless there's a deal in place beforehand. Whether we like it or not, the Sox/Yanks will take priority just about anywhere in this area.

I have no idea what they're doing, but Dave and Buster's in my mall is a great place to watch sports. They have a giant bar with multiple TV sets over it, and an ass-kicking arcade. Might be a little hard to hear the draft over the arcade noise, but the bar is big enough for a few dozen people, probably...

bideau on 02-28-2007 at 01:13 PM said:
BTW, Mikie, keep the Sox game in mind when you check around. At most places, the main screens (assuming multiple TV's) will be tuned to that unless there's a deal in place beforehand. Whether we like it or not, the Sox/Yanks will take priority just about anywhere in this area.
thanks I didn't notice that (I have to bring my Pink sox hatnow)

I am asking each place if they mind a group to come in and watch the NFL draft and will remember to bring up the sox

that may make a place with a room and multiple TV's the way to go so we can watch both if the crowd wants

I am looking for input from people attending on where they may want to go so IF anone plans on coming let us know your opinions

- no voice shall go unheard but that doesn't mean I'll listen :D

I wish I could come to a PP Draft Party. :( It sucks living so far away from all the action.

Back