MERGED: Patriots Planet Draft Party 2007

mikiemo83 on 02-28-2007 at 03:34 PM said:
great and now I will have to explain the Movie we made to my wife.....this is gonna take some explaining - I better start thinking

You actually showed it to her?? :eek:

bideau on 02-28-2007 at 03:36 PM said:
You actually showed it to her?? :eek:
well I passed out after editing it and it was in the DVD player - damn High Def large screen - the whole neighborhood watched

I wanna go to this year.

Damn Caribean Cruise last year to St. Thomas, St. Martin and P.R. really was timed awfully.

This year though.....I have ZERO weeks of vacation planned:dance: :cute: woohoo

sonsofkraftybob on 02-28-2007 at 04:18 PM said:
I wanna go to this year.

Damn Caribean Cruise last year to St. Thomas, St. Martin and P.R. really was timed awfully.

This year though.....I have ZERO weeks of vacation planned:dance: :cute: woohoo

Maybe you should consider becoming a teacher o:)

mikiemo83 on 02-28-2007 at 03:34 PM said:
great and now I will have to explain the Movie we made to my wife.....this is gonna take some explaining - I better start thinking

LMAO! I forgot about that! Just tell her you were experimenting??

TBrownslady on 02-28-2007 at 04:45 PM said:
LMAO! I forgot about that! Just tell her you were experimenting??
I thought it was a documentary about the sociology of sports fans. Surely she won't get upset over an educational film.

dchester on 02-28-2007 at 04:49 PM said:
I thought it was a documentary about the sociology of sports fans. Surely she won't get upset over an educational film.
well I was taught a thing or two or three or four

I slept for three days afterwards

2007 Patriots Planet Draft Day Party

Stick me please! :D

OK, I mentioned in the past that I would be able to get Pat Flanagan's in Quincy as an option for the Draft Day Party. It's just a suggestion, but if people want to have the party there, I need to know soon so that I can reserve the back room. It's a private room with 4 TVs plus a big screen. We would have our own private bar tender and we can have a buffet style spread with many different kinds of pub food (yes odlirama there will be chicken) or you can just order your own food on a separate tab, makes no difference to me. I am not averse to going anywhere, I will be in attendance and am open to any suggestions.

Here is the thread where all suggestions for such an event should be discussed. I hope each and every one of you in the Boston area attend as this is one of the most important events in Patriots history to date, so it's something you don't want to miss.

Let the planning begin.

bideau on 02-28-2007 at 01:13 PM said:
Joe, I'm wondering what the fascination is with The End Zone? I'm not knocking it, just curious why you're pulling for it so strongly.

It's a football lounge. I think it's centrally/fairly located for us. Anyone would know where it is without directions (2 blocks from the stadium).
We/I could tell anyone going to the Gillette party to come by after. They would definitely have the draft on the bigger TV and baseball at the bar.
Reservations somewhere is ridiculous of course, since people show up at all times from 11:30-4 PM. And leave different times too.
While I'm 40 miles north of Gillette, at least the END ZONE isn't any further south. Cheap to stay there.
No families like other places.

The Outlaw would be fair. But I like the idea of the END ZONE.

My second or third cousin originally developed One Exchange Plaza in Worcester, maybe you guys could meet there? But just don't invite my other cousin, Anthony J. Scola - apparently he is one wild and crazy guy. ;)

dchester on 02-28-2007 at 04:49 PM said:

Educational? Sure! I can teach you boys things that would make your heads spin! :thumb:

I'm pretty up for any place. I'm just a little leery about the EndZone, you know, with the Board of health closing it down forcing them to renovate the kitchen.........

TBrownslady on 02-28-2007 at 11:10 PM said:
Educational? Sure! I can teach you boys things that would make your heads spin! :thumb:

Ok, I'll leave my wife home then. :D

Ras on 03-01-2007 at 11:32 AM said:
I'm pretty up for any place. I'm just a little leery about the EndZone, you know, with the Board of health closing it down forcing them to renovate the kitchen.........

I think the "End Zone" kind of sounds like a place dashoe might hang out in. :eek:

MattsPats on 03-01-2007 at 07:24 PM said:
I think the "End Zone" kind of sounds like a place dashoe might hang out in. :eek:

You mean where you go in as a tight end and come out as a wide receiver?

:rimshot:

Re: 2007 Patriots Planet Draft Day Party

Patriots4ever on 02-28-2007 at 05:18 PM said:
OK, I mentioned in the past that I would be able to get Pat Flanagan's in Quincy as an option for the Draft Day Party. It's just a suggestion, but if people want to have the party there, I need to know soon so that I can reserve the back room. It's a private room with 4 TVs plus a big screen. We would have our own private bar tender and we can have a buffet style spread with many different kinds of pub food (yes odlirama there will be chicken ) or you can just order your own food on a separate tab, makes no difference to me. I am not averse to going anywhere, I will be in attendance and am open to any suggestions.

Here is the thread where all suggestions for such an event should be discussed. I hope each and every one of you in the Boston area attend as this is one of the most important events in Patriots history to date, so it's something you don't want to miss.

Let the planning begin.
You had me at chicken.

to renovate the kitchen.........

Good. I like a renovated kitchen. I also like a place near Gillette.

We definitely have to realize that every year, because it's a Saturday, people are busy with errands and show up at different times. We are not a "group" that arrives at 11:30, or at 3 PM. The draft starts at noon, but the Pats won't draft until 3:30-4 PM (unless they trade up).

this has nothing to do with it but the image I got with this post is

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7eKLIDK1ZA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7eKLIDK1ZA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

How many people would you say were at the party last year at any given time?

My contact at Pat Flanagan's is going to ask me when I talk to him later. As long as the room is available, I will have him "pencil" us in just so we have something reserved. There will be no deposit, they will give us the room, that I am confident. I will keep you posted on my findings later on this evening.

Basically, in all liklihood, we can have that back room all to ourselves, but if there are only say, 20 people, that may be a problem. We would need a solid 50 people, at least, in order to get that back room to make it "worth their while" for the bartender [who is hot BTW]. They would allow us to order food from the regular menu so we would not have to pre-order a "buffet" type deal, although that can still be an option if we desire.

I think the Red Sox are playing the Yankees that day as well, so that would definately be on the TV.

Any objections, questions, concerns?

Back