MERGED - Thumper's "Media Members who Think the Pats are Classless" Thread

Thumper

Charger Power
Reaction score
Website
www.bolttalk.net
Mike Ditka Seconds Tomlinson's Comments on Patriots

Mike Ditka Seconds Tomlinson's Comments on Patriots

You'd think former Bears and Saints coach Mike Ditka, who now works as an ESPN commentator, would be talking about, you know, the upcoming Bears-Saints NFC Championship Game. But Ditka went on ESPN radio this morning and said he agreed with what LaDainian Tomlinson had to say about the Patriots showing no class.

"That's the Patriots," Ditka said. "They get away with it."

We're clearly seeing an-anti Patriots backlash. The media fell in love with the Patriots in recent years, and it was just a matter of time before this happened. I'm a little surprised it's coming from Ditka, though, as he's not the kind of guy who generally takes sides in this type of issue. In any event, this is a story that isn't going away -- until this weekend's games give us something new to get agitated about.

Ditka's one to talk with his Superbowl Shuffle before the Superbowl was even played.

Personally, I'm moving on to the Colts. If Tomlinson, the Chargers and their fans can sleep better at night thinking they have class and we don't good for them.

Enjoy the draft.

We have a game to watch next week. :thumb:

Ditka, Ditka... I know that name... Oh, yeah: has-been washed-up former coach who will be remembered not for the '85 Bears but instead for blowing an entire draft on Ricky Williams.

His opinion is worthless.

Sinking to new level: Pats’ class takes hit

By Karen Guregian
Boston Herald General Sports Reporter and Columnist
Monday, January 15, 2007 - Updated: 12:32 PM EST

SAN DIEGO - When Nate Kaeding missed the potential game-tying field goal with three seconds to play yesterday, Patriots players looked a lot like the U.S. Ryder Cup team when it stormed the green at The Country Club after Justin Leonard’s 45-foot putt sank Europe in 1999.

San Diego, however, believed the Pats were even more ugly and obnoxious.

With time still remaining, they ran out to midfield and rubbed the Chargers’ noses in the 24-21 AFC divisional playoff loss.

They mimicked Shawne “Lights Out” Merriman, impersonating his post-sack celebration dance and taunting him with muscle-flexing gestures in light of his steroid suspension.

And several Patriots reportedly couldn’t resist shouting “Lights Out” into the Chargers locker room afterward.

Apparently, Rosevelt Colvin was one of the loudest taunters, evidenced by his hoarse voice following the game: “It is, I did a lot of taunting after the buzzer went off.”

The overall display was so in-your-face that LaDainian Tomlinson, widely regarded as one of the classiest, most well-respected players in the league, felt compelled to rip the Pats and coach Bill Belichick.

“I would never, ever, react in that way because I’m a very classy person,” Tomlinson said. “I wouldn’t react like that, so yes, I was upset. When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the things that Shawne Merriman is known for, that’s disrespectful. I can’t sit there and watch that. I was very upset, just the way they show absolutely no class. Maybe it comes from their head coach.”

Some may think Tomlinson, who refused to shake hands with the Patriots afterward, is a sore loser. But in many ways, he’s right; the Pats should act like they’ve been there before, just like Tomlinson does when he hands the ball to an official after scoring instead of showboating.

This franchise has won three Super Bowls. It’s been there, done that. Why start acting like children?

Sure, they were underdogs against the top-seeded Chargers. Sure, they felt disrespected during the week. And sure, Merriman is a bit over-the-top.

But that doesn’t mean they have to join him in the gutter.

Win the game, and move on. Celebration time is for after the Super Bowl, not before.

Even Merriman thought the Pats went too far.

“It was upsetting to see because they won three Super Bowls,” he said. “It’s like a guy on a fast break in basketball and dunking the ball and getting excited. You’ve won three Super Bowls. You don’t do that. That’s not showing any class at all.

“I’ve been mocked the entire season, so that didn’t bother me. They just didn’t need to rub it in. I think (Tom) Brady tried to tell them to get back off the field, and they got a penalty. But bottom line: I was probably more disappointed in the loss. I can’t worry about them being immature athletes.”

Marshall Faulk on NLFN also thought the Pats were in the wrong, which I found a bit funny.

The other guy he does the show with defended it as "it's just football" though.

Three words: shut, up, b*tch.

Is she boinking Borges or something?

(Eww.... now there's a mental picture.) :Eason:

Re: Sinking to new level: Pats’ class takes hit

Thumper on 01-16-2007 at 07:09 PM said:

By Karen Guregian
Boston Herald General Sports Reporter and Columnist
Monday, January 15, 2007 - Updated: 12:32 PM EST

SAN DIEGO - When Nate Kaeding missed the potential game-tying field goal with three seconds to play yesterday, Patriots players looked a lot like the U.S. Ryder Cup team when it stormed the green at The Country Club after Justin Leonard’s 45-foot putt sank Europe in 1999.

San Diego, however, believed the Pats were even more ugly and obnoxious.

With time still remaining, they ran out to midfield and rubbed the Chargers’ noses in the 24-21 AFC divisional playoff loss.

They mimicked Shawne “Lights Out” Merriman, impersonating his post-sack celebration dance and taunting him with muscle-flexing gestures in light of his steroid suspension.

And several Patriots reportedly couldn’t resist shouting “Lights Out” into the Chargers locker room afterward.

Apparently, Rosevelt Colvin was one of the loudest taunters, evidenced by his hoarse voice following the game: “It is, I did a lot of taunting after the buzzer went off.”

The overall display was so in-your-face that LaDainian Tomlinson, widely regarded as one of the classiest, most well-respected players in the league, felt compelled to rip the Pats and coach Bill Belichick.

“I would never, ever, react in that way because I’m a very classy person,” Tomlinson said. “I wouldn’t react like that, so yes, I was upset. When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the things that Shawne Merriman is known for, that’s disrespectful. I can’t sit there and watch that. I was very upset, just the way they show absolutely no class. Maybe it comes from their head coach.”

Some may think Tomlinson, who refused to shake hands with the Patriots afterward, is a sore loser. But in many ways, he’s right; the Pats should act like they’ve been there before, just like Tomlinson does when he hands the ball to an official after scoring instead of showboating.

This franchise has won three Super Bowls. It’s been there, done that. Why start acting like children?

Sure, they were underdogs against the top-seeded Chargers. Sure, they felt disrespected during the week. And sure, Merriman is a bit over-the-top.

But that doesn’t mean they have to join him in the gutter.

Win the game, and move on. Celebration time is for after the Super Bowl, not before.

Even Merriman thought the Pats went too far.

“It was upsetting to see because they won three Super Bowls,” he said. “It’s like a guy on a fast break in basketball and dunking the ball and getting excited. You’ve won three Super Bowls. You don’t do that. That’s not showing any class at all.

“I’ve been mocked the entire season, so that didn’t bother me. They just didn’t need to rub it in. I think (Tom) Brady tried to tell them to get back off the field, and they got a penalty. But bottom line: I was probably more disappointed in the loss. I can’t worry about them being immature athletes.”

:zzz:

Take this shit back to your board and make your "brady is gay" jokes please.

Nobody here gives a shit anymore.

Post articles to your hearts content, but keep them confined to one thread.

NOBODY ****ING CARES, **** OFF SHITDICK

Charger fans cant handle the fact that they lost, the Chargers talked the talk but couldnt walk the walk.

The "classlessness" started last year by your Chargers and continued with Merriman and friends..

In Patriots’ School of Etiquette, Class Is Finally Dismissed

In Patriots’ School of Etiquette, Class Is Finally Dismissed

By LEE JENKINS
Published: January 16, 2007

For the past five years, the New England Patriots have been the N.F.L.’s best team and its moral authority.

They are the rare group that won three Super Bowls and still complained regularly about a lack of respect. They admonished opposing players who talked about them in public, even when those players were insignificant and their comments were innocuous.

The Patriots rarely revealed much of themselves. They avoided most locker-room showdowns and high-profile legal problems. They did not deliver many sound bites or perform many touchdown dances. They were usually a quiet and mannered champion.

Apparently, they finally became tired of taking the high road. After New England beat San Diego, 24-21, in a second-round playoff game Sunday, the Patriots stormed to the middle of the field at Qualcomm Stadium, celebrating in a way that did not seem to fit them.

They trampled the Chargers’ logo at the 50-yard line. They pointed at the Chargers’ sideline. They mimicked the sack dance made famous by Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman. They seemed to forget all their own rules of gridiron etiquette.

When they realized what they had done — becoming everything they had preached against — several New England players rushed over to San Diego running back LaDainian Tomlinson. The Patriots reached out to Tomlinson and tried to make peace.

It was too late. Tomlinson swiped their hands away and angrily turned toward the locker room, shouting: “You’re better than that! You’re better than that!”

With that, the Patriots’ pristine image was tarnished slightly. They are no longer the goodie-goodies of the N.F.L. They suddenly look a lot like everyone else.

Some will say that Tomlinson had a case of sour grapes, but he was voted the league’s most valuable player this season, has won numerous sportsmanship awards, and is widely respected by his peers. In his six-year career, he had never really spoken out about any subject.

“I was very upset,” Tomlinson said. “They showed no class at all, absolutely no class, and maybe it comes from their head coach.”

Perhaps Tomlinson watched too many games between the Patriots and the Jets this season. After one meeting, New England Coach Bill Belichick refused to acknowledge Jets Coach Eric Mangini. After another meeting, in a first-round playoff game, Belichick shoved a cameraman out of the way to get to Mangini.

Belichick has never been known for an endearing personality. He is famous mainly for devising defenses that unsettle star players. Having failed to contain Tomlinson on Sunday, Belichick will now return to a more familiar target for the American Football Conference championship game — Indianapolis quarterback Peyton Manning.

JD10367 on 01-16-2007 at 04:11 PM said:
Three words: shut, up, b*tch.

Is she boinking Borges or something?

(Eww.... now there's a mental picture.) :Eason:
This classy organization has just as classy fans I see.
thumbsdown.gif

Ditka was noted for making headlines regardless of what happened on the field. In 1983, he broke his wrist after punching a locker in an angry halftime tirade. In 1985 he was arrested and convicted of DWI after returning from a game with San Francisco[1]. In the midst of a very successful 1988 season, Ditka suffered a heart attack, but bounced back quickly. On another occasion in 1987, he threw a giant piece of used chewing gum at a San Francisco 49ers fan who had heckled and thrown a drink at him during a Monday night match-up[2].

Yup, Mike Ditka is giving class lessons.

Thumper on 01-16-2007 at 07:19 PM said:

From what little you've posted so far, you talking about class is like O.J. reprimanding someone for murder.

The Chargers game is over... can we Assclown this assclown yet? Buh-bye... :wave:

Re: Re: Sinking to new level: Pats’ class takes hit

Alcoholic9 on 01-16-2007 at 04:12 PM said:
:zzz:

Take this shit back to your board and make your "brady is gay" jokes please.

Nobody here gives a shit anymore.
It seems that Pats fans care a great deal. They seem to be showing up in droves at my board in full troll mode.

Admit it, the Pats have lost their shine and they are better than nobody else regardless of what you tell yourself every night before you go to bed.

Thumper on 01-16-2007 at 07:19 PM said:
thumbsdown.gif

Shouldnt you be getting ready for the Pro bowl??

Ditka was noted for making headlines regardless of what happened on the field. In 1983, he broke his wrist after punching a locker in an angry halftime tirade. In 1985 he was arrested and convicted of DWI after returning from a game with San Francisco[1]. In the midst of a very successful 1988 season, Ditka suffered a heart attack, but bounced back quickly. On another occasion in 1987, he threw a giant piece of used chewing gum at a San Francisco 49ers fan who had heckled and thrown a drink at him during a Monday night match-up[2].

Thumper's turning out to be an A1 assclown. Season's over Thumper, time for you to plan your revenge for next season. Our season is still going on.

Therick67 on 01-16-2007 at 07:22 PM said:
Shouldnt you be getting ready for the Pro bowl??

I've been to the Stadium a few times and they've got a great flea market on the weekends. Maybe the 9 pro bowlers can pool their money and get a pineapple ice cream or a Maui dog. :D

Back