Meriweather in the Probowl? Seriously?

Stevo

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I LOVE Brandom Meriweather.

But I do not think he has had a probowl year.

I mean, what is that based on?

the Pro Bowl is Nothing more than a Popularity contest. Merriweather is having one of his worst season this year. He has been taking bad angles in coverage. Was In BB dog house for a few games this year because of it.

<<
Meriweather is tremendous.
>>

I would rather see any of our other safeties on the field than Meriweather. He overplays and ends up with horrible pursuit angles as a result. He makes stupid mistakes and was damn lucky he didn't pick up multiple penalties the last game. When and if he smartens up he could be worthy of making the pro bowl but not this year.

I really enjoy watching meriweather play, I just don't think he's had a probowl year. On the other hand Who's had a better year for the reserve spot?

Meriweather is tremendous.

6a00d8345275cf69e2013488c3f206970c-300wi

Chung always seems to be around the ball for the pats. He been great on ST, run defense and in coverage. Mayby he can help Meriweather stop making stupid mistakes and get back to the way he played last year.

Ill say this. Meriweather is a better player than chad Jackson & maroney. Almost as smart as them too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Meriweather is a very underrated football player who has a intimidating rip your fvcking head off presence on the football field...
Yes he makes an occasional boneheaded mistake,but BB loves his presence...

Meriweather is a very underrated football player who has a intimidating rip your fvcking head off presence on the football field...

If "occasional" means "at least once a game".

He deserves it more than Peyton Freaking Manning( I know that isn't saying much).

I gotta say, I'm at a loss for words. :huh:

Merriweather isn't Probowl caliber. He's not a big name that would get votes even if he had a bad year. How the f**k did this happen? :shrug:

He's not even the best safety on his team..

Sanders has had a MUCH better year than Merriwether. I feel like whenever Sanders is on the field with either Chung or Merriwether - good things happen. He's a much smarter and better football player than people give him credit for.

Who cares? He won't be playing in it anyways. He'll be in Dallas.........

Somebody probably sat at a computer for 3 days straight voting again and again for him? :donkeys:

Somebody probably sat at a computer for 3 days straight voting again and again for him? :donkeys:
:coffee:

Still gotta love the guy

"I think all of us had our part in it. (But myself), I still feel like a young player that needs to get better in a lot of different situations.” - Meriweather

Back