Miami at Patriots - Sunday, Sept 12 at 4:25 (CBS)

That L eats dicks. Not all bad bc Maction looks legit, but you can't expect to win scoring 16 points.

Since we don't have a legit #1 WR, I'd like to see some packages with Harris and White in the backfield together. With Henry and Smith on the field, I feel like that could stretch the D sideline to sideline and get some big plays down the middle or White on wheels.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That L eats dicks. Not all bad bc Maction looks legit, but you can't expect to win scoring 16 points.

Since we don't have a legit #1 WR, I'd like to see some packages with Harris and White in the backfield together. With Henry and Smith on the field, I feel like that could stretch the D sideline to sideline and get some big plays down the middle or White on wheels.

Mac nearly threw for 300 yards. The offense played fairly well against a strong defense. The issue was red zone efficiency/turnovers.

1 TD
2 FGs
2 turnovers

That's anywhere from 10-25 points that were left on the field.

Miami, OTOH, scored 2 TDs and 1 FG, and only turned the ball over once. That right there is more than the difference in a 1 point game.

The Patriots were better the better team on the field but not on the scoreboard. Tough loss, but they'll bounce back. The Jets aren't nearly as talented as Miami on either side of the ball from what I've seen. Should be a good opportunity to get back on track.

Mac nearly threw for 300 yards. The offense played fairly well against a strong defense. The issue was red zone efficiency/turnovers.

1 TD
2 FGs
2 turnovers

That's anywhere from 10-25 points that were left on the field.

Miami, OTOH, scored 2 TDs and 1 FG, and only turned the ball over once. That right there is more than the difference in a 1 point game.

The Patriots were better the better team on the field but not on the scoreboard. Tough loss, but they'll bounce back. The Jets aren't nearly as talented as Miami on either side of the ball from what I've seen. Should be a good opportunity to get back on track.
Yeah, I agree. That's my point on saying you can't score 16 and expect a W. Left way too many points on the field. All correctable. Let's get it next week.

It was really nice seeing Mac for the first time today, but expectations for this season are out of control.

It always sucks to lose but I saw some encouraging things and also some stuff to work on.

Mac was poised way beyond my expectations. After that first play where he tossed the ball backwards into the dirt I thought it was going to be a long day. He shook that off pretty quickly.

I really wasn't confident with the receivers that we signed but all in all I thought they played pretty well. Meyers had a couple third down drops but Mac didn't make it easy for him by any means.

I guess I was expecting more out of these TEs. Hunter was invisible until the second half. They both did seem to be gaining momentum as the game went on though.

I said this earlier but I really wish they hadn't trade Michel. Harris was visibly fatigued down the stretch and rightfully so. I think that ultimately had a lot to do with that fumble. The correct move IMO would have been to release Bolden and keep Michel for the season if the staff are that sold on Taylor. But if they're so sold on him, where was he today?

The defense really needs Gilmore back. With all of their edge rushers I expected them to be getting after Tua way more than they were.

Can you be more specific and quantify what you mean by that?
I mean that half of the win predictions on this board are for more than ten wins. This team isn’t there.
On the bright side it was great watching Mac in his first game.

Anyone watching NBC Sports Boston post game show? Ted Johnson just spouting wildly nonsensical BS, i.e. Nordin should have been the activated kicker, Sony should still be here instead of some of the guys in the RB room, etc. Holley and Curran just looking at him sideways.

Anyone watching NBC Sports Boston post game show? Ted Johnson just spouting wildly nonsensical BS, i.e. Nordin should have been the activated kicker, Sony should still be here instead of some of the guys in the RB room, etc. Holley and Curran just looking at him sideways.
he's one of my least respected pats players ever. what a 🤡

disappoited in this order:

penalties
turnovers
front 7 was not good enough against a weak dolphins oline
the oline was not good enough this includes all of them not just herron
horrible horrible coaching allowing mia the 2nd-3rd Q wraparound scores
red zone O is still not there

excited in this order

mac - was good on the pressure plays, 3rd down, late drive execution very solid debut...long ways to go.
te that could make plays
wr did ok
db mostly played ok without gilmore
special teams were good

outlook

cautiously optimistic, tough loss, but there is potential to possibly be a playoff team. Also got to keep in mind the Pats always seem to treat the first month as extended pre-season.

Lots of coaching points and lots to build on.

Concussion side effects

Living proof of CTE.

TJ was one of my favorite players. He blames BB for his concussions and his problems that he went through when he retired.
I hope that he now has his life back together, but you can still tell that he has problems with BB.

Back