Miami at Patriots - Sunday, Sept 12 at 4:25 (CBS)

I definitely take a lot of positives away from this one, but, DAMN, they should have won that game. They can't lose winnable games like that with the Bills being as good as the are.
You say that, but the Bills lost a winnable game against the Ghost of Roethlisberger.

Not saying we should rely on our divisional opponents to shit the bed against inferior competition, just saying it happens. The turnovers and penalties were killer, and I know Bill will have tons to say to the team about them. 1 fewer turnover or 2 fewer 15 yard penalties would have been enough to swing that game. I trust the Patriots to have improved more than the Phins have by Week 18 and hope we can pay them back for a season opener loss in our home stadium with a season finale loss in theirs, ideally bouncing them from the playoffs at the same time.

Still it's a painful loss of course, lots of could've would've should've in this one.

As a note, Mac Jones had a higher passer rating than "all pro" and "future MVP" Dak Prescott, and had a more complete body of work in my estimation as well. Considering both of them lost the game, I fully expect the media to talk as glowingly about Mac Jones performance as they did Dak's :coffee:

You say that, but the Bills lost a winnable game against the Ghost of Roethlisberger.

Not saying we should rely on our divisional opponents to shit the bed against inferior competition, just saying it happens. The turnovers and penalties were killer, and I know Bill will have tons to say to the team about them. 1 fewer turnover or 2 fewer 15 yard penalties would have been enough to swing that game. I trust the Patriots to have improved more than the Phins have by Week 18 and hope we can pay them back for a season opener loss in our home stadium with a season finale loss in theirs, ideally bouncing them from the playoffs at the same time.

Still it's a painful loss of course, lots of could've would've should've in this one.

As a note, Mac Jones had a higher passer rating than "all pro" and "future MVP" Dak Prescott, and had a more complete body of work in my estimation as well. Considering both of them lost the game, I fully expect the media to talk as glowingly about Mac Jones performance as they did Dak's :coffee:

Dak will get comeback player of the year. Myhomie will be mvp and lose in the divisional round.

He only had 10 incompletions...
Patriots QB Mac Jones: 29/39, 281 yards, TD, 102.6 rating

From PFF
PlayerRoutes RunTargetReceptionYards
Jakobi Meyers429644
Nelson Agholor427671
Kendrick Bourne274361
Hunter Henry263331
Jonnu Smith205542

Jones got the ball out quickly with an average time to throw of 2.37, fifth-fastest among quarterbacks in Week 1 pending the Sunday and Monday night games.

Mac Jones passing by depth

Target DepthCompletionsAttemptsYardsTouchdowns
9 yards or less22261541
10-19 downfield46760
20+ downfield34790

By contrast:

Tua Tagovailoa passing by depth

Target DepthCompletionsAttemptsYardsTouchdowns
9 yards or less13141131
10-19 downfield19230
20+ downfield24660

Note: Tua only had 3 passes completed beyond 10 yds.

and the other rookies
Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence: 28/51, 332 yards, three TDs, three INTs, 70.1 rating
Jets QB Zach Wilson: 20/37, 258 yards, two TDs, INT, 82.9 rating
If the WR's could separate, how many more balls would have been caught? That was the point.

I'll stop bitching about it when someone has a good up close video. It was way too close to call imo. It looked like the ball came out after his ass hit the ground. If I see a good video on it and I was wrong...then I'd gladly admit my mistake.

Anyone have the video?

I'll stop bitching about it when someone has a good up close video. It was way too close to call imo. It looked like the ball came out after his ass hit the ground. If I see a good video on it and I was wrong...then I'd gladly admit my mistake.

Anyone have the video?
I looked everywhere for video dude. His ass was about 6 inches off the ground when I saw it. At first my eyes deceive me and thought it was not a fumble but then I saw the replay and they froze it and it was actually pretty easy call IMO

Anyone have the video?
If it was "too close to call" then the ruling on the field stands.
I looked everywhere for video dude. His ass was about 6 inches off the ground when I saw it. At first my eyes deceive me and thought it was not a fumble but then I saw the replay and they froze it and it was actually pretty easy call IMO
This was pretty much my process as well. I thought it was a fumble.

So many keep focusing on Harris' fumble as what lost the game.

I was still confident AFTER the fumble - - why not?

Our vaunted, shiny, beautiful D had the Dolphins backed up on their 5 yard line with 3:24 left and 3 Timeouts!!!!!

..........and never got the ball back. To me, THAT was just as disappointing as the Harris fumble. Talk about not getting it done.

Video for proof...anyone have it?
I seen the play about 10 times. Look at it objectively, if you can. My first reaction was it was not a fumble but that was hope, I guess. I'm not providing you the video. I seen enough of it. Look it up yourself.

I have too...never found it. It's crazy. Usually YT has a few of them after it happens. Not one of this play though.

Sighs...link?

I didn't think it was a fumble and I still don't think it was a fumble. Unfortunately the blind ref decided to give them the fumble without actually seeing anything. On replay it was too close to call, so they just kept it as a fumble. Either way, the fumble resulted in zero points, so it wasn't as impactful as that other fumble in the red zone...

I didn't think it was a fumble and I still don't think it was a fumble. Unfortunately the blind ref decided to give them the fumble without actually seeing anything. On replay it was too close to call, so they just kept it as a fumble. Either way, the fumble resulted in zero points, so it wasn't as impactful as that other fumble in the red zone...

I knew that I was right!!!!

Thank you finding this dew!

Back