Miami Fires Man Posing as Coach

#1, I will never for the life of me get why teams fire coaches in the middle of the season. There hasn't been a success story generated from that move in season since the early 60s as far as a team that made the playoffs with an interim HC. The 61 Oilers, I believe. So...you aren't making the playoffs. Unless the HC is doing something so horrible that just stopping him from doing that by firing him will help the team (ie he is disciplining them the Adrian Peterson's children way), LEAVE HIM THERE.

#2 there is NO ONE ON THEIR STAFF who has HC experience (which in my eyes is the ONLY conceivable shot you may have of salvaging your season). SO...they plan to make their TE coach the HC OVER THE COORDINATORS...Awesome. That should work very very well. Not.

So many of these owners are very successful businessmen outside of the NFL and botch their NFL team up completely. It really drives home how little like the rest of the world the NFL must be.

Also FVCK the Dolphins for somehow leaking this info before Philbin could tell his family (per Rapoport on NFLN). What a bunch of douchebags. Let the man have some respect and dignity from you. Even if they weren't in the Pats division I would want them to lose every single game this year.

Is Tannehill turning into Ryan Leaf? Damn!

It was an extremely tense week in London surrounding the Miami Dolphins prior to them being embarrassed by the New York Jets and subsequently firing coach Joe Philbin upon their return to the United States.
Frustrations have been mounting for weeks, and escalated Saturday during practice prior to the game. Philbin has also been struggling on how to handle his franchise quarterback, Ryan Tannehill, who had been getting rattled even in practice sessions.
On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.”
Sources say this has been going on for the past few weeks as the practice squad players have been intercepting Tannehill and frustrating the former Texas A&M wide receiver turned quarterback.
The frustration for Tannehill stemmed from the entire situation as well as the Dolphins haven’t won a game since the season-opener. Tannehill is an extremely competitive person, and the struggles of the offense have angered him significantly.
Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.
However, that didn’t prove to be an effective strategy.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...hins-had-been-mounting-for-weeks-in-practice/

Also heard on NFLN, some reporter who talked to some players on the tam said they told him that Philbin is "a HS/small college coach with a bigger whistle". So F them too.
I DESPISE people who do that anonymous criticism crap to the media. "I confess...you did it". EFF YOU.

They sure played like they were trying to get him fired.

"I don't want guys to just do their job. I want them to dominate," Dan Campbell said.

From softie Philbin to hard nosed Campbell. Sounds a bit like Rex. :toast:

Just saw the new coach introduction interview on NFL Network. He will introduce competition at positions during practice and wants intensity from the players.

I bet Richie Incognito could toughen this team up... :thwak:

Next?

"I don't want guys to just do their job. I want them to dominate," Dan Campbell said.

From softie Philbin to hard nosed Campbell. Sounds a bit like Rex. :toast:

Yah. I thought that what Miami needs next is a motivational coach who is good at handling the press. Who knows? Rex may be available at the end of the season?

If I recall correctly, Philbin lost a kid in Green Bay to drowning when he was a coordinator, which is why he left the place.

I'd imagine he's still impacted by it, and this hewd coaching gig suffered for it.

Too bad, he's a good guy.

My favorite thing about Philbin is the bit about how after Bullygate Philbin's method for keeping in touch with his team was not only to do a bed check every night during training camp, but he did those bed checks personally.

Try to imagine for a second Bill Belichick doing something like that. Not easy, is it?

I don't care if he's a wonderful man who is fun at parties and kind to the elderly --- Joe Philbin never had any business trying to be a coach in the NFL.

We can only hope that the next Miami HC is equally as good as good at keeping that franchise out of contention for the next four years or so.

You'll be missed, Joe. Sincerely.

Josh McDaniels' name has come up as a potential HC of the Dolphins and Colts. :coffee:

lmao.

Listening to his speech. So he wants a team that plays physical & gets into fights in practice.

Josh McDaniels' name has come up as a potential HC of the Dolphins and Colts. :coffee:

lmao.

Which brings up an interesting topic. IS McD content with being an OC for some years to come? Some have assumed that he would be the heir apparent to BB when he decides to move on, but that doesn't seem to be anytime in the near future.

If BB coaches for another ten years maybe his son Steve will be the replacement. This seems weird right now, but time has a way of changing perspectives.

Back