Miami Fires Man Posing as Coach

Which brings up an interesting topic. IS McD content with being an OC for some years to come? Some have assumed that he would be the heir apparent to BB when he decides to move on, but that doesn't seem to be anytime in the near future.

We don't know what he's making, money-wise, either.

If he's making mid-level HC salary, why would he leave to take over an inevitably shitty situation?

If BB coaches for another ten years maybe his son Steve will be the replacement. This seems weird right now, but time has a way of changing perspectives.

I've that about that. But he's a long way from being HC material. It will be interesting to follow his career if/when BB moves him through the ranks.

We don't know what he's making, money-wise, either.

If he's making mid-level HC salary, why would he leave to take over an inevitably shitty situation?

The past couple of seasons, we haven't heard much at all about McD being a HC candidate elsewhere. You have to wonder if he's made it clear that he's not interested at this point in time.

I've that about that. But he's a long way from being HC material. It will be interesting to follow his career if/when BB moves him through the ranks.

The past couple of seasons, we haven't heard much at all about McD being a HC candidate elsewhere. You have to wonder if he's made it clear that he's not interested at this point in time.

He came right out and said last off-season that he wasn't interested. :shrug:

Bedard says Stephen Ross is an idiot who should be more like Kraft.

Another week, another stop on the “Many NFL owners have no idea what they’re doing” train.
It’s amazing, really. So many owners are so successful at running businesses, yet they don’t have the first clue about running a football team.
This week’s installment comes from Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, who made billions in real estate. When it comes to his football team, he can’t rub buffalo nickels together.
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/06/nfl-owners-stephen-ross-joe-philbin-dolphins

From PFT

Joe Philbin’s last practice showed he had lost control

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 6, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT

Joe Philbin’s last practice as head coach of the Miami Dolphins demonstrated how thoroughly he had lost control of his team.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the Saturday practice in London before Sunday’s loss to the Jets featured heated exchanges among quarterback Ryan Tannehill and defensive players who weren’t following Philbin’s instructions.

The report says Philbin told the defensive players to take it easy during Saturday practice so that the offense could work on getting its timing down. However, linebacker Chris McCain was still practicing aggressively, and that led to a shouting match between he and Tannehill. According to the report, Tannehill made a crack about giving McCain a scout team trophy. Other scout team defensive players then joined in and were aggressively going after the first-string offense, despite Philbin’s request that they ease up.

If it went down how it’s been described, it doesn’t speak well for Philbin’s ability to keep practices under control. If the head coach has told the scout team to settle down and let the offense work, the scout team should respect the head coach enough to do so. The head coach should also foster an atmosphere where there’s enough team camaraderie that the starting quarterback isn’t making cracks about the scout team guys.

After Philbin was fired on Monday, interim head coach Dan Campbell stressed at his introductory press conference that he wanted to see more competitiveness on his team. Although Campbell was careful not to criticize Philbin, it wouldn’t be surprising if Campbell saw Saturday’s incident as a sign of a team full of players who weren’t accustomed to pushing each other hard enough at practice. With Campbell now running the show, starters and scout teamers alike should be ready for tougher practices.

From PFT

After Philbin was fired on Monday, interim head coach Dan Campbell stressed at his introductory press conference that he wanted to see more competitiveness on his team. Although Campbell was careful not to criticize Philbin, it wouldn’t be surprising if Campbell saw Saturday’s incident as a sign of a team full of players who weren’t accustomed to pushing each other hard enough at practice. With Campbell now running the show, starters and scout teamers alike should be ready for tougher practices.

lol who writes this crap the media guy for the fins?

i am surprised they did not go all in and just say, "watch out now there is a new sheriff in town and his name is campbell, dan campbell"!

Albert Breer Verified account ‏<s>@</s>AlbertBreer

Dolphins did discuss 3 ex-head coaches to help on D: Mike Smith, Jim Schwartz and Greg Schiano. Everything still fluid down there.
Jim Schwartz could help straighten out Suh but he'd be awful for the rest of that team.

When I envision Schiano and Suh together I see an epic train wreck.

Mike Smith isn't the hard nosed coach Miami needs.

Jim Schwartz could help straighten out Suh but he'd be awful for the rest of that team.

When I envision Schiano and Suh together I see an epic train wreck.

Mike Smith isn't the hard nosed coach Miami needs.

I think all 3 are awful choices but I guess that is what you are left with when you fire your head coach in week 4. Has a HC ever been let go that early in a season? I know there have been mid-season firings but I can't remember a coach being let go after 4 games ever.

I think all 3 are awful choices but I guess that is what you are left with when you fire your head coach in week 4. Has a HC ever been let go that early in a season? I know there have been mid-season firings but I can't remember a coach being let go after 4 games ever.

While 4 games into a season is quick, he has a 3+ season body of work to go on and it's been .500 (7-9, 8-8, 8-8) with no signs of improvement.

While 4 games into a season is quick, he has a 3+ season body of work to go on and it's been .500 (7-9, 8-8, 8-8) with no signs of improvement.

Sure but then why not fire him after the season last year and go get a good coach when there were good ones to be had?

Sure but then why not fire him after the season last year and go get a good coach when there were good ones to be had?

Bad coaching plus incompetent ownership results in the train wreck we see right now.

all three are and that is why I want them there.

Dan Campbell is off to a rousing start. Apparently, he thinks he's coaching high school.

:facepalm:

Interim Dolphins coach busts out Oklahoma drill

Posted by Zac Jackson on October 7, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT

Wednesday marked the first day on the practice field for Dolphins interim coach Dan Campbell, and those watching have reported that Campbell started practice by dividing the offense and defense and holding Oklahoma drills.

So, Campbell probably has his team’s attention. And maybe the NFL Players Association’s attention, too.

The Oklahoma drill — named for longtime Oklahoma University coach Bud Wilkinson — is a full-contact, full-speed drill that includes players either blocking or tackling (or both) in a confined area.

With the emphasis on concussion prevention and player safety, most NFL teams no longer do the Oklahoma drill in training camp — and it’s hard to imagine any team doing it during an in-season practice, even during a bye week like the Dolphins have this week. The Bengals used to open training camp with it, but Bengals coach Marvin Lewis has canceled it the last two seasons.

Campbell, who played 10 NFL seasons as a tight end, obviously thinks his 1-3 team needed a wakeup call and a firm sign that things will be different going forward. It will be interesting to hear what his players think about his methods.

Any truth to the rumor that Suh came out of the LR in his skivvies to protest that? ROFL

I see you're in skivvies too!

ndamukong-suh.jpg

Who stands like this at a press conference? DAN CAMPBELL!

Because they were on the way to 2-14, and would have been playing to empty stadiums after Thanksgiving.

Back