Miami stinks

Buffalo is like a mid-major.

They will do well, and I think they'll ultimately make the playoffs, but I don't think they'll compete with the top tier teams.

Miami may be bad, need a little bigger sample, but Philbin may not make it to Thanksgiving the way this is going.

Buffalo = Boise St., until I see otherwise.

So the question is: Who are the top tier teams in the AFC. I would rank them as follows:

1. Patriots
2. Broncos (offense is suspect but good D)
3. Cincinnati (good D and some offensive weapons)
4. San Diego (they have the QB and offensive weapons)
5. Buffalo (might put Pitt here but they lost Big Ben)
6. Pitt or KC

At this point?

Patriots
Cincinnati
Denver
Everyone else.

And Cincinnati doesn't really do much for me, but they're playing well right now.

I don't think there are 6 good teams in the AFC, I think there are two. We'll see about Kansas City, but that choke job at home vs. Denver really gave me a "Oh...same Kansas City" feeling.

How do figure very good defense?

So far in 2015, they've given up 400+ yards/game. They're currently ranked 30th in total defense.

A lot of those yards were in garbage time. You know that same time you said the Patswere in when the Bills put up 19 pts vs NE

How do figure very good defense?

So far in 2015, they've given up 400+ yards/game. They're currently ranked 30th in total defense.

This. I didn't expect the Bills to get worse on defense with Rex Ryan as their coach.

We'll see how they do when they travel through the bakery the next few weeks.

The Bears as the worst team in the league?

What about the Ravens?
What about the Lions?
What about the Saints?

What about the Dolphins and the Browns? The Jaguars and the Redskins?

Ok, none of those teams has Jay Cutler on the roster. So I guess you're right - the Bears are getting the 1st pick in the 2016 draft.

The Bears and Miami are fighting for that #1 spot, IMO.

They don't even have Jay Cutler right now. They had 48 yards passing yesterday in a game where they were behind from the beginning.

I mean, John Fox should be fired on the spot for punting on 4th and 1 down 20 from roughly midfield.

I don't know who's worse, though. Him or Philbin. Tannehill is better than Clausen though.

I mean, John Fox should be fired on the spot for punting on 4th and 1 down 20 from roughly midfield.

I don't know who's worse, him or Philbin. Tannehill is better than Clausen though.

I don't know who's worse, though. Him or Philbin. Tannehill is better than Clausen though.

The Bears punter was their offense yesterday.

Did you see, 48 yards passing? For a game?

The Bears punter was their offense yesterday.

Did you see, 48 yards passing? For a game?

Yeah, they were beyond terrible. But the "**** it, we're terrible, might as well see if we can hyper-extend our punter's knee" attitude is still woeful and Fox should be ashamed.

Yeah, they were beyond terrible. But the "**** it, we're terrible, might as well see if we can hyper-extend our punter's knee" attitude is still woeful and Fox should be ashamed.

I disagree. The only chance the Bears had at scoring was to pin Seattle deep and hope for a turnover.

Of course, Fox would never SAY that, but to say Jay Cutler is 10x better than Jimmy Clausen isn't an understatement.

Sorry, didn;'t mean you specifically, just the other mass of people that said that. Regardless, the Colts and Dolphins didn;t do anything til late 3rd quarter and by then the Bills were laying back.

Sorry, didn;'t mean you specifically, just the other mass of people that said that. Regardless, the Colts and Dolphins didn;t do anything til late 3rd quarter and by then the Bills were laying back.
If driving down the field with 2 mins left and a chance to tie the game is "garbage time"....I'm ok with that. I think these guys like to yank our chains.

No worries. :thumb:

If driving down the field with 2 mins left and a chance to tie the game is "garbage time"....I'm ok with that. I think these guys like to yank our chains.

It was a minute, no timeouts, down 8, and the drive lasted, predictably, one play.

Garbage time. The Patriots were never threatened.

We can agree to disagree. Your definition of "garbage time" is off kilter.

Fine. Enjoy your moral victory. That and $3 will get you a coffee.

Like, were you all fired up about your Week 17 win last year against the Patriots practice squad, too?

Fine. Enjoy your moral victory. That and $3 will get you a coffee.

Like, were you all fired up about your Week 17 win last year against the Patriots practice squad, too?
I'm not pounding my chest about the Bills and it wasn't a moral victory either. But to say having the ball with a minute or so left and an opportunity to tie the game is "garbage time"...that may come back to bite you in the ass when the Pats lose a close game. God forbid the Pats lose a close game this year when the other team allows a last minute drive by Brady that falls short in "garbage time".

One of the nice things about routing for the Pats these last 15 years or so is they tend to learn from their mistakes.

They were too cute by half with the Bills throwing downfield on 4th and one, not once but twice. This week in similar circumstances, albeit on 3rd down, 2 sneaks to keep the drives alive and continue burning clock.

I doubt you'll see any late comebacks going forward.

I like how BB is always willing to try different approaches to situations and keep what seems to work. I believe he popularized going for it on 4th down when at mid field or closer. I see many more teams willing to try this over the past several years.

Back