Michel traded to the Rams!

We should have kept him for that. At least the Rams should have threw in a speedy WR.
I agree. We basically gave a low-mid tier starter away for nothing. 1 more year of Michel would be worth those picks.

Maybe Stevenson or someone else is ready to step in behind Harris and I won't care about this trade anymore.

I agree. We basically gave a low-mid tier starter away for nothing. 1 more year of Michel would be worth those picks.

Maybe Stevenson or someone else is ready to step in behind Harris and I won't care about this trade anymore.
Blount 2.0 will be a great pick imo!

This is precisely is what is happening. I expect this RB group to be stellar this year and had little room for Sony, and I liked him more than most but he was the odd man out.

And what do you mean nothing? We all sat here bitching that Bill only got a 2nd for Jimmy G and that Bill turned into many quality players to stock this team. It's what he does.

Last edited:
We should have kept him for that. At least the Rams should have threw in a speedy WR.
Why BB would have had a tough choice to carry 6 backs. Taylor & Stevenson performance made him expendable. I do wish they would have gotten . A WR to take #4 Spot from Harry.

Last edited:
I'm really not crazy about this. I'm afraid it's going to come back to bite us in the ass this season and we're going to end up having to lean on Stevenson and Taylor more than they're capable of handling at this point in their careers. At the very least I would have liked to see them get someone that helps the team now.

It looks like a bad deal for the Pats it you look at the trade in a bubble. The team needs to be down to 53 next Tuesday and there are depth battles in multiple areas. Who are you willing to cut in order to keep Michel and what is the trade value of that player? With the supposed depth in next years draft, I kind of wish it wasn't a conditional 4th.

I see our Oline and run game as our #1 strength. I don't think we could have had too many RBs this year especially now that we will be relying on a rookie and a second year player behind Harris.

It looks like a bad deal for the Pats it you look at the trade in a bubble. The team needs to be down to 53 next Tuesday and there are depth battles in multiple areas. Who are you willing to cut in order to keep Michel and what is the trade value of that player? With the supposed depth in next years draft, I kind of wish it wasn't a conditional 4th.

Yes, and also I added to my above post. When thinking we got nothing in return I would suggest we all remember as a prime example of how Bill operates and all the bitching, handwringing, and consternation from just about all of us that he only got a 2nd for Jimmy G. During Bill's process and over a few years he turned that second into a number of quality players that helped contribute much to the success of this team."

There is a breakdown somewhere of what Bil turned that pick into and he created great value and quality out of it.

It's what he does and one of the things he does superlatively.

I see our Oline and run game as our #1 strength. I don't think we could have had too many RBs this year especially now that we will be relying on a rookie and a second year player behind Harris.
So in other words, building through the draft which is what you have advocated for and chastised BB about.

I don't think Sony was any better than any of those kept and like I said I like him a great deal. football nailed it, these moves are not done in isolation, and in the context of the team one player had to go and it was seemingly apparent it would have to be a running back. Who else on the roster were you willing to trade that would have returned more value than a potential 4th. I can't see many.

So in other words, building through the draft which is what you have advocated for and chastised BB about.
LOL. What a horrible misrepresentation. Yes, build through the draft and remind me what number pick did Bill take Sony with? And what did we just get in return?

What if Sony was gone no matter what? BB has now decided where he will go, to a team we do not play this year unless it is the SB. He will not end up in the division or conference or even in the NFC division we play this year.

Sony was not a bust. He was very good his first year and helped the team get to the SB. His last 2 years were injury plagued. He looked sharp in the preseason this year when he got his chances.
But because of the depth at RB this year, someone had to go. The Rams will be happy.with him, I'm sure.

Back