Michel traded to the Rams!

I didnt want him traded. Not for a 4th this season. He was looking pretty good.

BB got a comp pick for him a year ahead. He was on his last year, so he wasn't going to command a huge sum. Also his 4th year option wasn't picked up, so the writing was on the wall. Although I know whatever I say, no matter how logical will have no bearing on your already made up mind.

BB got a comp pick for him a year ahead. He was on his last year, so he wasn't going to command a huge sum. Also his 4th year option wasn't picked up, so the writing was on the wall. Although I know whatever I say, no matter how logical will have no bearing on your already made up mind.
Good points. I get it. I just wanted him for this year. Footbahl brought up good points about the cap savings too. Maybe Miguel can weigh in on that.

LOL. What a horrible misrepresentation. Yes, build through the draft and remind me what number pick did Bill take Sony with? And what did we just get in return?

How many years later?!?!?! That needs to be factored in.

RBs never hold their value. This is pretty basic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What can Michel do that Stephenson can’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I mean, Stevenson is a rookie so I don't think anyone has the answer to that question. :shrug-n:

And I explained why it was not insufficient for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the excellent value Bill creates by using innovative moves with draft picks he receives, particularly from other teams.

I offered the evidence of the boon of quality additions to this team that were built out of the 2nd he traded Jimmy G for that most of us were scratching our heads over at that time. It's what he does.

Trades don't happen in w vacuum and most definitely not with Bill.

Give it a bit and see what he does with the draft capital he just acquired for a player that appears was unnecessary for this team this year before calling it a net loss.

Seems only reasonable, no?

Sad to see Michel go, liked the player. On the up swing in the passing game. No issues on ball security.

On Stevenson, both Phil Perry and E. Lazar have said he had a bit of an issue with fumbling. From the Perry article he fails the standard BB metric of 1 fumble per 100 carries.

I'm fine with this. We'd all like to have gotten higher compensation but, the reality is, Sony is a decent RB, nothing more, and he was on the last year of his contract and was looking at diminished playing time with better and more promising players in front of him on the depth chart. BB usually does a decent job of getting rid of such players and getting something in return. I think he did so in this case.

I'm fine with this. We'd all like to have gotten higher compensation but, the reality is, Sony is a decent RB, nothing more, and he was on the last year of his contract and was looking at diminished playing time with better and more promising players in front of him on the depth chart. BB usually does a decent job of getting rid of such players and getting something in return. I think he did so in this case.
Agreed. My initial thought was it was too little coming back but the truth is it is a great trade for the Rams if Michel stays healthy. But that is a big "IF" based on past history. And someone was going to have to go sooner than later considering the numbers at RB. Getting assets in return and freeing up some cap space is a good thing IMO. We'll see how it all plays out but I am good with this deal.

Back