mike-gesicki-agrees-

The Patriots swap out Jonnu Smith for Mike Gesicki to keep the double TE offense alive for new OC Bill O'Brien.
He won't have any difficulty learning the offense. Bet on BB drafting a TE in the draft to be ready for '24.

Griddy?
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

His 6-foot-6 frame -- and his ability to flex to the slot or out wide -- presents a size advantage over defensive backs and a speed advantage over linebackers who cover him.
In his five seasons, Gesicki, a second-round pick, has 231 receptions for 2,617 yards -- an average of 11.3 yards per catch -- and 18 touchdowns.

$9M is steep for a TE2. But I love this guy’s height and hands in the red zone 100X more than I trust Parker for chuck it plays. Parker basically has no role anymore, I think.

Gesicki caught for 360 yards last year in 17 games. He’ll probably do the same here as TE2

If he produces more than that, it then means Thornton or Bourne sat a lot and increases the chance Thornton is a bust pick or Bourne ends up criminally underused again. 2TE means fewer 3-WR plays

Last edited:

$9M is steep for a TE2.

He caught for 360 yards last year in 17 games. He’ll probably do the same here as TE2

If he produces more than that, it then means Thornton or Bourne sat a lot and increases the chance Thornton is a bust pick or Bourne ends up criminally underused again. 2TE means fewer 3-WR plays
Troll

It’s basic math. There are only 11 players on offense. When one plays 2TE offense (which I like), you try to count with your kid fingers, how many wide receivers can you put on the field ?

With this signing the Pats should stop entirely with looking at any more wide receivers. There are already not enough snaps or targets to go around now. Go fix the OLine

This guy fights for the ball and has good hands. Like a power forward in basketball. Could score 10 TDs next year, especially off red zone play action in a 2TE formation.

Team has too many WRs now. Trade Parker away who is obsolete with Gesicki better for red zone jump balls and Thornton better for deep plays.

With this signing I don't see Pats going for a WR1 anymore.

It means they'll roll out with

-Parker
-Juju
-Thornton
-Bourne
-Henry
-Gesicki

Although if Bourne is able to return to his productivity with McDaniels it might just work out.

$9M is steep for a TE2. But I love this guy’s height and hands in the red zone 100X more than I trust Parker for chuck it plays. Parker basically has no role anymore, I think.

Gesicki caught for 360 yards last year in 17 games. He’ll probably do the same here as TE2

I think this could be a better thought out post. In Miami last year, Waddle and Hill accounted for over 3060 yards, more than all of the Patriots WR and RB receiving yards combined.

Clearly he can’t get open like those guys, so his production slid. There is no reason he can’t be a TE 1A or 1B in NE with Henry and produce 500 yards with the current WR core.

Back