Milan Lucic official thread...

tehrick67

Reaction score
I know we have a hockey thread but I believe Milan deserves his own thread...

Lst night Neil ran Savard so Milan steeped in like the leader he is.

This guy will wear the 'C' someday...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRAs6H2hMHM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRAs6H2hMHM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Old time Hockey

Helments off and the whole deal

Shades of one Cam Neely in this kid

Neil just got the piss knocked out of him. Thats gonna be one hell of a scar across his face.

Love Lucic. Here's a video of his highlights from last season. The video sort of speaks for itself as far as how important the guy was to the B's success last season.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qKyq_JPsjXw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qKyq_JPsjXw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

he crushed him lol; ill give neil some credit in he didnt stop

The great thing about Lucic is that he's such a good guy off the ice, too.

And a dedicated Bruin to boot. No way this guy is going to jump ship anytime soon...he asked me and James Murphy to come over in the B's locker room and get him on record as he went on a rant about how EA Sports made him wear a Montreal-style jersey for some NHL 10 Promo he was involved with and he was pissed about it and almost refused to put it on.

He's just a down to earth, likeable cat who is also very humble. He refused to even entertain the notion that he would be on Canada's Olympic Team even though everyone pretty much thinks he's a lock, and he kept referring to Team Canada as "they" the whole time- not taking anything for granted even though to be on the Olympic Team playing for gold in his hometown of Vancouver would be a dream come true for him.

As I was talking to him, I looked at his knuckles and how scarred up they are, and his misshapen and scarred his nose is. He's only 21 and looks like he's been in the NHL for a decade or more...but he plays the game the way people love it in Boston.

I have a serious man crush on Milan in a non ghey way:coffee:

He pounded the shit out of the side of his head til it was bloody and raw. Great fight. Actually, they both did well considering neither went down and they just got gassed and the ref had to step in...which neither seemed to mind after 1:50 seconds. lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1YYYz_xjQ6U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1YYYz_xjQ6U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I still wonder why an opposing player thinks that it is a good idea to piss off Lucic and attract his attention. No reported good results from this action.:fire:

Lucic agrees to three-year extension

Link|Comments (16) Posted by Chad Finn, Globe Staff October 6, 2009 04:55 PM
Milan Lucic, the Bruins' popular and bruising third-year forward, has agreed to a three-year extension with the club through the 2012-13 season, according to the team.

According to TSN, the deal is worth $12.25 million, giving Lucic a $4,083,333 annual cap hit. Lucic will still be a restricted free agent at the end of the contract.

"I'm not surprised," said one agent. "I thought it would be between $4 and $4.5. He brings intangibles far beyond his numbers."

Lucic and Chiarelli will hold a press conference to discuss the deal immediately following the team’s 10:30 a.m. practice at Ristuccia Arena in Wilmington tomorrow.

The 21-year-old Lucic set career highs in all major statistical categories last season, scoring 17 goals and adding 25 assists for 42 points. An aggressive checker and an outstanding fighter, he also tallied 136 penalty minutes and finished with a +17 rating. Last Saturday, Lucic bloodied Carolina's Jay Harrison in a second-period bout. In the preseason, Lucic opened up Ottawa tough guy Chris Neil.

During the 2008-09 postseason, the 6-foot-3-inch, 228-pound winger had three goals and six assists and a team best +12 plus/minus rating in 10 games.

In his rookie year in 2007-08, Lucic registered 8-19=27 totals and 89 penalty minutes in 77 contests. Lucic earned the team’s “Seventh Player Award” for his efforts, an award voted on by the fans and given to the Bruin who performs above and beyond expectations. He also
contributed two goals in seven postseason games.

Lucic has skated in both games during the 2009-10 season and has one assist and five penalty minutes.

He was originally drafted by the Bruins in the second round (50th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

Lucic agrees to three-year extension

Link|Comments (16) Posted by Chad Finn, Globe Staff October 6, 2009 04:55 PM
Milan Lucic, the Bruins' popular and bruising third-year forward, has agreed to a three-year extension with the club through the 2012-13 season, according to the team.

According to TSN, the deal is worth $12.25 million, giving Lucic a $4,083,333 annual cap hit. Lucic will still be a restricted free agent at the end of the contract.

"I'm not surprised," said one agent. "I thought it would be between $4 and $4.5. He brings intangibles far beyond his numbers."

Lucic and Chiarelli will hold a press conference to discuss the deal immediately following the team’s 10:30 a.m. practice at Ristuccia Arena in Wilmington tomorrow.

The 21-year-old Lucic set career highs in all major statistical categories last season, scoring 17 goals and adding 25 assists for 42 points. An aggressive checker and an outstanding fighter, he also tallied 136 penalty minutes and finished with a +17 rating. Last Saturday, Lucic bloodied Carolina's Jay Harrison in a second-period bout. In the preseason, Lucic opened up Ottawa tough guy Chris Neil.

During the 2008-09 postseason, the 6-foot-3-inch, 228-pound winger had three goals and six assists and a team best +12 plus/minus rating in 10 games.

In his rookie year in 2007-08, Lucic registered 8-19=27 totals and 89 penalty minutes in 77 contests. Lucic earned the team’s “Seventh Player Award” for his efforts, an award voted on by the fans and given to the Bruin who performs above and beyond expectations. He also
contributed two goals in seven postseason games.

Lucic has skated in both games during the 2009-10 season and has one assist and five penalty minutes.

He was originally drafted by the Bruins in the second round (50th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

Great deal,They got him signed on the low end of( some anticipated) contract.
This deal locks up the "heart and soul" of the B's.
He might not be a captain here,but if he doesn't lose the fire "He''ll be a GOD here" !

Back