Misuse and Regression of Mac Jones and How to Fix

If Zappe plays again, then that's a big signal on Mac and a sign of how much Joe Judge in one season wrecked the kid.
Mac made a pro bowl as a rookie, had an elite QB rating against the blitz, and had the 2nd all time completion% as a rookie last year.

From Mike Reiss:

"
Despite having most of the same player personnel returning from last season, consider these key areas of regression from 2021:

• 32nd in red zone offense (14 TDs in 36 trips) ... down from 11th (39 in 63)

• 28th on third down (35.6%) ... down from 10th (43.5%)

• 28th in first downs ... down from tied for 9th

• 23rd in sacks per pass play ... down from 8th

• 24th in total yards per game ... down from 15th

"

What I wouldn't gove to have Trent Williams and Aaron Banks from the Niners on our team!!

From Mike Reiss:

"
Despite having most of the same player personnel returning from last season, consider these key areas of regression from 2021:

"
Saw that earlier, pretty amazing in a bad way.

From Mike Reiss:

"

"
Wow

From Mike Reiss:

"

"
that shows how important coaching and game planning are.

I just saw a thread on tweeter on redrafting last years qb class. Me:
1-Lawrence just too much potential
2-Mac He is going to get his groove back
3- Fields like all running qbs how long
4-Mills there is something there
5-Lance can't stay on the field long enough to know
6-Wilson hanging out with Stifflers' mom

We know Jonnu is an albatross contract (not his fault, thank you Ziegler/McD).

Hunter Henry is still woefully underused. I think he’s a top5 TE.

Mac could put up 4000+ yards and 30TDs in an efficient season if the offense just centered targets toward Henry, Meyers, and Bourne. Forget the crappy chuck plays to Parker or Agholor. Thornton never fit in a Pats offense besides a Bethal Johnson occasional target.

The offense should be 30 Mondre+Harris power runs plus 25 targets a game to Henry, Meyers, and Bourne. That’s 55 snaps right there every single game.
OnuHow is it you place the blame for Jonnu on Ziegler an McD? You can't possibly be trying to pretend Bill didn't make that decision?

The WR routes are broken by this crappy staff

Agholor 1 for 5 attempts
Thornton 1 for 4
Meyers 1 for 4

Last game was Mac’s worst as a pro

13/31 for 100 yards. Going backwards

total lack of direction on the offensive staff is ruining this QB. see David Carr and Sam Bradford

Last game was Mac’s worst as a pro

13/31 for 100 yards. Going backwards

total lack of direction on the offensive staff is ruining this QB. see David Carr and Sam Bradford

Patricia has hurt our O but I have enough faith in Mac to believe he'll bounce back with a better OC/play caller next year. Patricia has to be given a "promotion" to Asst. to the HC or some other nondescript title next year unless he gets let go. Judge can go back to STs for a win/win bc he's not helping Mac's mechanics at all.

Last edited:
Orlovsky on how predictable the offense is

"Last week, this team was under center for 23 snaps. Twenty two of those 23 snaps were runs," Orlovsky explained. "They were in the gun for 34 regular snaps [excluding the two-minute drill and from inside the five-yard line] and threw the ball 31 times out of those 34 snaps."

Orlovsky on how predictable the offense is

"Last week, this team was under center for 23 snaps. Twenty two of those 23 snaps were runs," Orlovsky explained. "They were in the gun for 34 regular snaps [excluding the two-minute drill and from inside the five-yard line] and threw the ball 31 times out of those 34 snaps."
Orlov says stuff, butt, he was terrible as talent goes. How can anyone listen to him? He was garbage...

Orlov says stuff, butt, he was terrible as talent goes. How can anyone listen to him? He was garbage...

He isn’t wrong though
Kurt Warner is a hall of famer and has called out similar things
Evan Lazar
I haven’t counted but it’s got to be dozens at this point
I mean the issues are obvious and really visible

VW weighs in. You know it's getting bad when former players speak out.
I still think Mac can be great but he needs more help than he's been getting on the field and on the sidelines.

FkoYuTmWYAEKC-g

VW weighs in. You know it's getting bad when former players speak out.
I still think Mac can be great but he needs more help than he's been getting on the field and on the sidelines.

FkoYuTmWYAEKC-g

chalk this up to another example of terrible coaching leadership and presence. a good coach would rein Mac in on top of not sucking in red zone and 3rd down and 1st down and second down and also pre-snap

Back