Misuse and Regression of Mac Jones and How to Fix

I only have one simple response to this. How did the Dolphins feel about Tua this time last year? Were they sure about their QB? Was anyone talking about MVP? Was anyone even thinking Tua could be a middling QB? We don't have the answers yet and if you think you do you're wrong.
Seriously? You are using Miami as your example? They signed the most expensive FA in Tyreek Hill not to mention other upgrades they did to their O and D. And an upgrade in coaching on top. Do you see Bill doing anything close to that?

BTW, I would by psyched to see Bill do even half of what Miami did. He has the money but I fear we will see the same type of signings as 2021.

Seriously? You are using Miami as your example? They signed the most expensive FA in Tyreek Hill not to mention other upgrades they did to their O and D. And an upgrade in coaching on top. Do you see Bill doing anything close to that?

BTW, I would by psyched to see Bill do even half of what Miami did. He has the money but I fear we will see the same type of signings as 2021.

Bill B may have to learn what Saban is currently going through, in that nothing in the game stays static and the "formula" that worked for so long may no longer work quite as well. It may need to be tweaked or some "upgrades" made to it.

I'm new here so I don't know what the board's opinion is regarding Brady or Bill B when it comes to who needed the other more. But from an outsider looking in, Bill B's "formula" was heavily predicated on what Tom Brady could do, which we all know his legacy in the NFL. So to expect that same impact from Mac Jones, Bailey Zappe, or any other QB not named Pat Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers (in his prime), is asking for a unicorn for Christmas.

Last edited:
But at the end of the day, regardless what happens with the coaching staff, draftees, players still on team and loss of others, I will be watching each and every game and voice what we all do here. That is saying what we think on games, plays, players and coaches.

Bill B may have to learn what Saban is currently going through, in that nothing in the game stays static and the "formula" that worked for so long may no longer work quite as well. It may need to be tweaked or some "upgrades" made to it.

I'm new here so I don't know what the board's opinion is regarding Brady or Bill B when it comes to who needed the other more. But from an outsider looking in, Bill B's "formula" was heavily predicated on what Tom Brady could do, which we all know his legacy in the NFL. So to expect that same impact from Mac Jones, Bailey Zappe, or any other QB not named Pat Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers (in his prime), is asking for a unicorn for Christmas.
I don't think Bill is expecting another Brady but I do think the characteristics of Brady is what he is still seeking and that is where I think the board diverges. I really wanted the Pats to draft a much more dynamic QB as I believe that is where the league is headed. That being said, you can't put enough premium on intelligence and football IQ. It is a slippery slope. I was not a fan of the Pats drafting Mac but liked what I saw from him last year. This year is hard to read because the coaching hires for the O have been dreadful. Mac IMO has regressed but some of that is a reflection of the coaching. So here we are in no man's land so to speak. A middler team again for the third season. But this time the division is MUCH better so 6-5 = last place.

That's exactly what I'm saying, give Mac that kind of support and then make a determination on what Mac is.

That's exactly what I'm saying, give Mac that kind of support and then make a determination on what Mac is.
Sure. I agree. I mean don't we all want the most talented roster possible? The problem is Bill has been compiling a bottom third roster for years.

Last edited:

Are you ducking serious? What did BB do the off-season prior?
There will be plenty to spend next offseason, troll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Are you ducking serious? What did BB do the off-season prior?
There will be plenty to spend next offseason, troll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Hunter Henry, Jonnu, and Nelson Agholor?
Well BB did spend a lot of money I’ll give you that.
Judon has been great, but if we are talking offense……….

I don't think Bill is expecting another Brady but I do think the characteristics of Brady is what he is still seeking and that is where I think the board diverges. I really wanted the Pats to draft a much more dynamic QB as I believe that is where the league is headed. That being said, you can't put enough premium on intelligence and football IQ. It is a slippery slope. I was not a fan of the Pats drafting Mac but liked what I saw from him last year. This year is hard to read because the coaching hires for the O have been dreadful. Mac IMO has regressed but some of that is a reflection of the coaching. So here we are in no man's land so to speak. A middler team again for the third season. But this time the division is MUCH better so 6-5 = last place.

Yep, I completely agree. There aren't many athletic aka "dynamic" QB's that also come with elite football IQ. During Jones only year as the starter for Alabama, Saban said his mind processes the game faster than any quarterback he's ever been around. That is saying something seeing that Saban, in general, rarely gives compliments like that and that he'd just come off having Tua as his quarterback and winning a NC. But, it all goes back to what Bill B and the staff want out of their quarterback and the type of offense they ultimately want to settle into. If Jones fits the bill, then he will need to build the roster (offensively speaking) to fit Jones' strengths. But regardless of the type of quarterback Bill B and the staff want, the roster from the offensive side needs upgrades.

Hunter Henry, Jonnu, and Nelson Agholor?
Well BB did spend a lot of money I’ll give you that.
Judon has been great, but if we are talking offense……….
That is my fear entering this offseason. Have to hope Bill offloads the offensive positions to someone else, but who?

Pats 1 for 6 on 3rd down after the first half of play

Mac is a pleaser who says the right generic thing to media or obediently follows coaching, so for him to blow up shows how frustrated he is at the middle school pop warner coaching. Mac and Bourne were right

should totally stop tryjng to throw to the sidelines between 10-20 yards down the field. Mac doesn’t have the laser arm for it, he’s a teardrop passer on deep throws.

A568CDA3-CCD8-4D20-BCDF-B7DDA6A35400.jpeg

should totally stop tryjng to throw to the sidelines between 10-20 yards down the field. Mac doesn’t have the laser arm for it, he’s a teardrop passer on deep throws.

View attachment 14150

And he doesn't have the WRs who can get open for intermediate throws and rarely has the time to make a throw that far without anticipating where the WR will be. The problem with that is our WRs aren't always where they are designed to be.

And he doesn't have the WRs who can get open for intermediate throws and rarely has the time to make a throw that far without anticipating where the WR will be. The problem with that is our WRs aren't always where they are designed to be.
I disagree. Most of the time, he does have time for intermediate throws, and WRs are getting open. I think the coaching staff is just terrified he's going to throw it to the other team. There is some of what you say in there, but not nearly enough to put it all in that category.

Back