MLB plays politics

ParanoidPatriot

Reaction score
MLB has moved the Allstar Game from Atlanta to Denver because they didn't like a law that the elected officials of that state enacted.
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting really sick of the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and other sports leagues sticking their noses in politics.
I don't really care if it's liberal or conservative sides they are taking. Why the hell do they feel they have to stick their noses into politics.
For various reasons I stopped watching NBA and MLB. I can't stop watching the NFL no matter how much I disagree with the people who run it.
I just love football too much.

johnlocke

Reaction score
MLB has moved the Allstar Game from Atlanta to Denver because they didn't like a law that the elected officials of that state enacted.
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting really sick of the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and other sports leagues sticking their noses in politics.
I don't really care if it's liberal or conservative sides they are taking. Why the hell do they feel they have to stick their noses into politics.
For various reasons I stopped watching NBA and MLB. I can't stop watching the NFL no matter how much I disagree with the people who run it.
I just love football too much.

I couldn't stomach the NBA last season with their BLM bullshit all over the courts and John Henry and the Sox lost me for a year over having a huge BLM sign on the MASS Pike.

But I gotta admit, sports are one of my passions so if I can find a way to rationalize watching them I probably will.

And this season hasn't been quite so bad.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Maybe it's a calculation on their part. They might think that they gain more than they lose.
I just don't see how pissing off a block of your customers is good business.
Because the block that gets pissed off about that is more rare than you think. Sometimes its better to be right. I often read nfl boards and every once in awhile someone will jump on and tell everyone why they do not watch the NFL anymore. Its not because of players who beat kids and woman are still playing, its because someone knelt in a protest. I say, who cares about the people that get mad because those people are far below the population that is out there.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
one reason people like sports is the escapism factor. that is being whittled away as the need for it grows. just like education has become more about having a platform for your politics rather than teaching anyone.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
They may just gain more than they lose.
Doubtful. The people that were fans before were at least 50% conservative constitution and truth loving conservatives. A % of them has walked away including me.

Do you believe they will pull a larger % of lefties to the sport that previously had no interest? That those people will start buying $100 tickets, $40 parking and $15 beers all of a sudden?

Nope.

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner
Well when all the network advertisers decide not to spend their add dollars to a league that supports voter suppression then MLB will lose money from the networks, players will lose endorsement monies, etc.. It's way more than MLB itself and more about the business that support it financially. I personally don't believe the moving of this one game is going to have any effect on ticket sales or beer sales. Chalk it up to making america great again.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Well when all the network advertisers decide not to spend their add dollars to a league that supports voter suppression then MLB will lose money from the networks, players will lose endorsement monies, etc.. It's way more than MLB itself and more about the business that support it financially. I personally don't believe the moving of this one game is going to have any effect on ticket sales or beer sales. Chalk it up to making america great again.
Have you read the GA law in question?

WRT the assertion that somehow MLB will find new fans to make up for the ones that have simply had enough bullshit from the left/woke/racist crowd, see my post above. It ain't gonna happen.

AnOldTroll

Reaction score
Because the block that gets pissed off about that is more rare than you think. Sometimes its better to be right. I often read nfl boards and every once in awhile someone will jump on and tell everyone why they do not watch the NFL anymore. Its not because of players who beat kids and woman are still playing, its because someone knelt in a protest. I say, who cares about the people that get mad because those people are far below the population that is out there.
For me, this is bullshit.
Individuals vs an entertainment.
A release.

I don't think I am rare, don't give a shit if I am.
So pissed how accepting you are in how our turmoil impedes every. aspect. of. our. lives.

It is all BS.
Wake up.

PS. I bet TFB agrees with me,

Last edited:

Inspector_50

Reaction score
For me, this is bullshit.
Individuals vs an entertainment.
A release.

I don't think I am rare, don't give a shit if I am.
So pissed how accepting you are in how our turmoil impedes every. aspect. of. our. lives.

It is all BS.
Wake up.

PS. I bet TFB agrees with me,
Yeah, sorry I just do not lose my mind when people peacefully protest. Why would I? What is impeding anything in my life? A sport can do what they want, you have the option to not watch it, but in reality, you are not making up the majority of people, so they will be fine without someone watching.