MLB plays politics

deec77

Reaction score
What I find interesting is the financial aspect of this to both Georgia as well as the MLB.... what a waste.

Georgians are going to suffer in the end the most. I have to believe some monies will be recovered from the MBL ie cancelations fees and or contractual clauses with the business such as the hotels, etc... But Georgia will not be able to recoup the tax revenue.

To bad Stacy Abrams encouraged all of this without giving any thought to what this would do financially to those same people of color she claims she cares so much about. And now that she’s realizing the enormous impact to the city of Atlanta she trying desperately walking it back.....

~Dee~

Inspector_50

Reaction score
What I find interesting is the financial aspect of this to both Georgia as well as the MLB.... what a waste.

Georgians are going to suffer in the end the most. I have to believe some monies will be recovered from the MBL ie cancelations fees and or contractual clauses with the business such as the hotels, etc... But Georgia will not be able to recoup the tax revenue.

To bad Stacy Abrams encouraged all of this without giving any thought to what this would do financially to those same people of color she claims she cares so much about. And now that she’s realizing the enormous impact to the city of Atlanta she trying desperately walking it back.....

~Dee~
Did you just use an all-star game to say that its why people in Georgia will suffer hardships? People in Georgia voted in people that made the stupid laws around voting. You do not like it, change it in the vote.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
yeah, moving an all star game from a place that will affect a lot of minorities earnings to a whitey dominated location. imagine how great that is for minorities!

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry I just do not lose my mind when people peacefully protest. Why would I? What is impeding anything in my life? A sport can do what they want, you have the option to not watch it, but in reality, you are not making up the majority of people, so they will be fine without someone watching.
Looking forward to your reaction when the peaceful protests begin after the Chauvin decision.

deec77

Reaction score
Did you just use an all-star game to say that its why people in Georgia will suffer hardships? People in Georgia voted in people that made the stupid laws around voting. You do not like it, change it in the vote.
Financially, yes they will. So what exactly, in the law and quote it for me do you find stupid and then go read Colorado’s voting laws and tell me how they differ. I did.

They the stadium and surrounding area were just built up with construction ending in 2017.

Not only was a new $672 million stadium constructed for the Braves, but an entire entertainment district, called The Battery Atlanta. Truist Park is the centerpiece of the mixed use development that also includes apartments, offices, restaurants and more. The complex sits in the backdrop behind the outfield seats at Truist Park.

The tax revenue alone from the all star game would have offset that substantially, the game was planned since the stadium opened so it doesn’t just effect the stadium it effects the entire area.... the tax dollars from the game are gone so that tax bill will now be passed on to the citizens of Georgia. The loss in revenue due to this is about 100 million so yes it’s going to have a financial impact.

~Dee~

Here I’ll even make it easy for you it’s only 98 pages

View: https://www.scribd.com/document/500997399/Senate-Bill-202#download&from_embed

Last edited:

AnOldTroll

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry I just do not lose my mind when people peacefully protest. Why would I? What is impeding anything in my life? A sport can do what they want, you have the option to not watch it, but in reality, you are not making up the majority of people, so they will be fine without someone watching.
Just watching "reality" and can't believe my eyes...

Last edited:

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score

~Dee~
Not quite. In any event, the commissioner said the other day that had he not moved the game the indication from the players' association was that many of the players would not play.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
They should just get rid of the game then. unionized workforces can't be made to do certain things, nor can their pay (if any, i know nfl's game has one) be docked.

deec77

Reaction score
Not quite. In any event, the commissioner said the other day that had he not moved the game the indication from the players' association was that many of the players would not play.

Sorry I couldn’t get back quicker I’ve had a full schedule all afternoon.

All that was after Stacy Abrams talked a great game and convinced everyone the law was racist and now she’s back tracking which I said, in my reply after Inspector 50. She’s realized the damage she’s done to her own voting block. Which is what your link I’m assuming claims but I can’t open.

Ironically Stacy Abrams still claims the election was stolen from her and the lobbied hard to change the rules in the 2020 election, which the Republican Secretary of State and governor agree to the changes neither had the authority which is why, the the actual lawmakers revised the laws.

I can’t open your link but... But how could the owners not know ....

but the players know?

But I’m so glad your back! I haven’t been around for a while my life got busy when the lockdowns recked havoc with a lot of my patients.

~Dee~

Last edited:

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score

~Dee~
She didn't give any thought to paying her own taxes either, but the idiots in Fulton County (Atlanta) damn near made her governor.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
yeah, moving an all star game from a place that will affect a lot of minorities earnings to a whitey dominated location. imagine how great that is for minorities!
But the dems are all about taking care of minorities!

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Looking forward to your reaction when the peaceful protests begin after the Chauvin decision.
The riots will happen either way and (according to some on here) the rioters will all be wearing masks.

Last edited:

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score

MLB commissioner decided to move All-Star Game after ...

Stacey Abrams to blame for $100 million price tag of lost ...

Georgia GOP Blame Stacey Abrams After MLB Pulls All-Star ...

Gov. Kemp Accuses Stacey Abrams of Causing 'Fake Outrage ...

Report: MLB Commish Pulled All-Star Game After Talking to ...

REVEALED: Before Moving All-Star Game From Georgia, MLB ...

Stacey Abrams, Biden differ on Georgia voting law response

We all realize the leftist media is is full damage control to save the tax cheat from blame right now, but history is too fresh for revisionism.

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score

Inspector_50

Reaction score
David Wells has no say so on what MLB can do, so his opinion does not mean much on the overall nature of things. MLB feels an injustice is going on and does not want their all-star game to be played in that state. They have every right to feel that way and also hold the game where they want.

Inspector_50

Reaction score

Exactly this, I am sure he talked to many of the players and might have even taken a vote internally.