More Positive COVID Tests for the Pats - Gilmore Tests Positive

The Patriots have a bye in Week 6, so if their game Sunday is postponed, they would have two full weeks to quarantine. Since incubation period for COVID-19 can last up to 14 days, a postponement is the smart move. As of right now, the NFL is saying the game Sunday vs the Broncos is on.

If the Pats do play on Sunday it will still give them 2 weeks until the next game.

Yes, but I meant in terms of COVID the team wouldn't have to congregate together at practice for 2 full weeks. Missing 2 games rather than just 1.

The Patriots have a bye in Week 6, so if their game Sunday is postponed, they would have two full weeks to quarantine. Since incubation period for COVID-19 can last up to 14 days, a postponement is the smart move. As of right now, the NFL is saying the game Sunday vs the Broncos is on.

So I heard this morning that the NFL is throwing around the idea that some teams will just not play games and that they will go by winning pct to see who makes the playoffs. Example titans only play 14 games....how is this fair exactly?

So I heard this morning that the NFL is throwing around the idea that some teams will just not play games and that they will go by winning pct to see who makes the playoffs. Example titans only play 14 games....how is this fair exactly?

It's not but there's also talk of having the Titans forfeit a game or two. That's not fair either but their protocols were lax so there you are.

This guy

<header class="article__header article__header--inline"> [h=1]New test detects coronavirus in just 5 minutes[/h] By Robert F. Service<time>Oct. 8, 2020 , 3:45 PM</time>
</header>

Researchers have used CRISPR gene-editing technology to come up with a test that detects the pandemic coronavirus in just 5 minutes. The diagnostic doesn’t require expensive lab equipment to run and could potentially be deployed at doctor’s offices, schools, and office buildings.
“It looks like they have a really rock-solid test,” says Max Wilson, a molecular biologist at the University of California (UC), Santa Barbara. “It’s really quite elegant.”

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...cience&utm_source=JHubbard&utm_medium=Twitter

Yes, but I meant in terms of COVID the team wouldn't have to congregate together at practice for 2 full weeks. Missing 2 games rather than just 1.

Yeah thats the crap part of all this is they close the facility, so then you get like a day to put a gameplan together. Its tough.

1. Why is an oncologist in charge of an infectious disease problem?

My guess is that Rog feels content that Dr. Sills is a good, little puppet and won't make waves. Somebody else might pull the emergency brake on the Gravy Train and that wouldn't do.

A person in charge selects a sympathetic doctor with no infectious disease expertise to run the covid program? Seems like I've heard this story before.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

It’s all about control.

:coffee:

I'm almost surprised they didn't trot Ted Wells out there with some highly reputable online med degree in his name. ROFL

Great news!
BB has closed the facility to all but essential personnel. Practice begins again on Wednesday to complete the game plan installation for the Broncos.
The postponement actually works out well for the Patriots since Cam and probably Gilmore will be able to play.
Denver players were bitching, but not sure why, it also gives Lock an extra week.

Not just the players, go check out the Mane....I think there are more conspiracy theorists there than on the Dark Web.
I am not sure how they could possibly think this helps the Patriots in any way then again when has that ever mattered to conspiracies.

This postponement should be a good thing getting both Cam and Gilmore back as long as no more positives.

Back