More useless ball washing and 'debate' for a former player split out from a Patriots thread.

That Bucs team WAS loaded. But it was also true that:
  • The Bucs had the longest playoff drought in the entire league at the time. Had not gone since 2002 !!!
  • When tb12 went it was a WTF reaction from most people. The Bucs were NOT respected or thought as a contender just missing a QB. They had the worst secondary in the league the year prior. TB12 transformed that team in half a year but also they brought in a bunch of vets (Gronk, running backs) plus had a home run draft in Wirfs and Winfield. It’s revisionist history and spin to act like he rode a loaded team and that’s it. It was a dysfunctional backwater team that hadn’t been to the playoffs in almost 20 years

That Bucs team WAS loaded. But it was also true that:
  • The Bucs had the longest playoff drought in the entire league at the time. Had not gone since 2002 !!!
  • When tb12 went it was a WTF reaction from most people. The Bucs were NOT respected or thought as a contender just missing a QB. They had the worst secondary in the league the year prior. TB12 transformed that team in half a year but also they brought in a bunch of vets (Gronk, running backs) plus had a home run draft in Wirfs and Winfield. It’s revisionist history and spin to act like he rode a loaded team and that’s it. It was a dysfunctional backwater team that hadn’t been to the playoffs in almost 20 years
I agree...fully.

It wasn't a popular choice to sign there. No doubt. Arians is a clown. Beyond that though, that roster was flippin' LOADED with potential!

2001. My opinion.

yea agree. was just kidding. Arians is a clown, was just challenging certain fans here all sore in the arse with revisionist spin after TB12 pulled off a cinderella 7th ring with a clown HC and with a dysfunctional team that didn’t know how to win. It was awesome, have to respect it, was like straight out of a movie.

But yea, 2001 will never be topped. Stopping the greatest show on turf. The Ty Law interception where I yelled so loud I lost my voice. And the game winning drive that made John Madden have goose bumps. The nobody who supplanted a pro bowl QB, all in the aftermath of 9-11. I have about 4 different DVDs about that season. So great.

winning a ring with Arians as HC might be tb12’s greatest accomplishment !!

I was thinking it might be going 6-8 with Todd Bowles, but Brady doesn't need me making excuses for him.

Bowles' .429 winning percentage is actually slightly better than his .395 career average in 81 career games as HC, but the
season isn't over yet and Tommy appears to me to be in full 2019 mode. This means that unkind looks and curse words from any front 7
left on the schedule will send him diving to the turf already pliably pre-curled in a fetal ball.

The real mystery is not why they've been so shitty with Brady, but why people keep giving Bowles a job.

His Super Bowl win with Tampa is considered the greatest achievement of his career. Not only was he 43, but the Bucs went on the road and beat the Saints, Green Bay and then the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. It’s his greatest Super Bowl run bar none.

This was during Covid where he got to play in an empty Lambeau and Superdome! You don't think that was a major plus for a visiting side? And then the DB was at home. Admit it, he had a huge amount if things go right for him that season.

Last edited:
Thus was during Covid where he got to play in an empty Lambeau and Superdome! You don't think that was a major plus for a visiting side? And then the DB was at home. Admit it, he had a huge amount if things go right for him that season.
Neither stadium was empty. The Packers were the best team in the NFC that year and he put 30+ on them. The Chiefs were the best team in the AFC and he put 30+ on them. Could have been much more but the offense took the knee midway through the third quarter. It was his best postseason run.

Neither stadium was empty. The Packers were the best team in the NFC that year and he put 30+ on them. The Chiefs were the best team in the AFC and he put 30+ on them. Could have been much more but the offense took the knee midway through the third quarter. It was his best postseason run.

It wasn't.

And there were 3,000 at the Superdome, 7,700 at Lambeau. That's empty. There were precisely 0 fans in FedEx field for their Redskins WC game.

And yet, in the SB, at their home stadium, there were 25,000 fans there.

He went to a worst team than the ones you listed. The Bucs had not made the playoffs in 13 years. They had the lowest winning percentage of all 32 teams since their inception in the 70s. He signed with a perennial clown show.
It's not a clown show when the QB that was replaced just threw for close to 5000 yards the season before. just stop. And what is happening this year then? Let me hear the spin on this? Is the coaching shitty now? The GOAT is still there. Why isn't the talent from around the league flocking to the Bucs?

I know it hurts. But Brady’s best post season run was with Tampa. It’s not even close. Went all the way to the title as a wild card - beating Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes!

I know it hurts. But Brady’s best post season run was with Tampa. It’s not even close. Went all the way to the title as a wild card - beating Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes!
In empty stadiums..... puts a totally different spin on the games.

Sorry Mazz, your lover boy has a giant asterisk against Covid Bowl.

In empty stadiums..... puts a totally different spin on the games.

Sorry Mazz, your lover boy has a giant asterisk against Covid Bowl.
Lol. Only on this forum. I mean you have to try to take some of the shine off because in less than 3 seasons Bill has become his own clown show.

2004 was better.
No it wasn’t. The Patriots were 14-2 and a SB favorite. 2020 he was a wild card and beat the greatest QBs in the game at age 43.

No it wasn’t. The Patriots were 14-2 and a SB favorite. 2020 he was a wild card and beat the greatest QBs in the game at age 43.
They weren't the SB favorite. They beat the SB favorite on the road in the AFCCG. Along with the mvp of the league and hands down the best team in the nfc.

Back