Most Annoying Actors/Actresses

wasn't he in that godawful movie everyone but me loved? glengarry glen ross?

you know how Aaron Rodgers just threw his team under the bus after losing to Washington?

saying they couldn't convert a 3rd down the entire game?

Alec Baldwin is Aaron in that great movie threatening the sales team "coffee is for closers"....."no new leads"

perform or out

good actor, POS douchebag civilian :)

you know how Aaron Rodgers just threw his team under the bus after losing to Washington?

saying they couldn't convert a 3rd down the entire game?

Alec Baldwin is Aaron in that great movie threatening the sales team "coffee is for closers"....."no new leads"

perform or out

good actor, POS douchebag civilian :)
I thought that you were going to say...in that they are both gunslingers. :coffee:

I can understand not liking Alec Baldwin, especially if you don't share his politics. He's obnoxious and he hasn't really been in many good movies.

And I know taste is subjective, but David Mamet won the Pulitzer Prize for writing GGGR and he directed the film. IMO, one of the best ensemble casts ever with Jack Lemmon, Al Pacino, Ed Harris, Kevin Spacey, Alan Arkin. There's quotable dialogue in every scene. One of Lemmon's great performances in the heartbreaking Willie Loman role.

Yes. That'd be the one. ;)

The first time I watched it I can remember thinking that flick, which I thought was darkly brilliant, is a total guys movie if such a thing is even possible. I don't recall a single female in it and it has an atmosphere of desperation that is depressing as hell, but......ummmm.....in a good way.

To answer the thread topic, I hate the most popular and brilliant actor ever, Tom Hanks. I think he is an overrated douchebag whose career performance average is about .250. Tops.

Paulie Shore was so annoying that even though he hasn't done anything in 25 years, he still irritates me when I think about him. It was intentional, but something about that dumbed down schtick when there's nothing that's actually funny that I can't sit through for very long.

Gilbert Gottfried was purposely annoying like that and I often couldn't stand him, but then I watched some really obscene things he did and found him hilarious.

Someone mentioned Adam Sandler and I've had kind of the same issue with him. When he was on SNL, Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz and Chris Farley were amazing and I found it irritating that Sandler was the one that ended up with big box office doing jokes from 4th grade. I don't hate him, though. When he's being himself in talk show interviews, he seems likable.

I agree that Keanu Reeves had maybe less emotive range than any actor in history. But, somehow that worked in The Matrix, at least the first one.

Similar to the way some of you react to Baldwin, James Woods annoys me as a Twitter troll, but like RG said about Baldwin, I respect him as an actor (though maybe not a coincidence that he excels at playing psychos.) And, he's really smart with an IQ around 190 - just ask him.

In general, the people who are massively famous with no talent at all, like the Kardashians, probably annoy me the most. But, I never watch anything about them, so I don't think about it much.

Last edited:
Paulie Shore was so annoying that even though he hasn't done anything in 25 years, he still irritates me when I think about him. It was intentional, but something about that dumbed down schtick when there's nothing that's actually funny that I can't sit through for very long.

Gilbert Gottfried was purposely annoying like that and I often couldn't stand him, but then I watched some really obscene things he did and found him hilarious.

Someone mentioned Adam Sandler and I've had kind of the same issue with him. When he was on SNL, Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz and Chris Farley were amazing and I found it irritating that Sandler was the one that ended up with big box office doing jokes from 4th grade. I don't hate him, though. When he's being himself in talk show interviews, he seems likable.

Similar to the way some of you react to Baldwin, James Woods annoys me as a Twitter troll, but like RG said about Baldwin, I respect him as an actor (though maybe not a coincidence that he excels at playing psychos.) And, he's really smart with an IQ around 190 - just ask him.

In general, the people who are massively famous with no talent at all, like the Kardashians, probably annoy me the most. But, I never watch anything about them, so I don't think about it much.
Shore's mom owns the main comedy club in LA. He has/had connections. I agree, he's terrible.

Shore's mom owns the main comedy club in LA. He has/had connections. I agree, he's terrible.

I've listened to Marc Maron's podcast for years and he talks a lot about Mitzi Shore and his time at The Comedy Store doing coke with Sam Kinnison. Paulie Shore definitely got in due to his connections, but those movies made lots of money and they were unwatchable.

I've listened to Marc Maron's podcast for years and he talks a lot about Mitzi Shore and his time at The Comedy Store doing coke with Sam Kinnison. Paulie Shore definitely got in due to his connections, but those movies made lots of money and they were unwatchable.
Maron is funny.

Maron is funny.

He went to BU in the 80's and started out working comedy clubs in Boston and I think was roommates with Louis CK. I first noticed him when NPR picked up an interview he did on his podcast with Mel Brooks in 2013. He does 2 interviews/week, mostly (but not all) with comedians/musicians/entertainment people. They talk in depth about the person's childhood and their life and they're nearly always the definitive interview with that person.

Lots of big time people and also people you've never heard of before. It's kind of cool that comedians knew who he was, but he was unsuccessful until he became one of the early podcasters and then his career grew from that.

I was the same way with Gilbert. The man himself I eventually learned is very quick witted and funny, but couldn't stand him or his act early in his career. I was the same way with Martin Short too, never understood why so many top comedians respect and consider him a genius. He just seemed like a Kaufman wannabe with the Jimminy Glick schtick, but he grew on me.

Last edited:
Thirteen year old darnsyd is still pissed at Kevin Kline for marrying Phoebe Cates.

wow, what's "wrong" with her? maried 1989, 2 kids & still together??? 😄

Nothing is wrong with her. My 13 year old self was pissed at Kevin, because she stopped flaunting her sexuality after getting married. She, like many guys my age, was my first move star crush. So Phoebe Cates = awesomeness. Kevin Kline = evil.

Nothing is wrong with her. My 13 year old self was pissed at Kevin, because she stopped flaunting her sexuality after getting married. She, like many guys my age, was my first move star crush. So Phoebe Cates = awesomeness. Kevin Kline = evil.
😄
i get it
she's still pretty, almost 60!

1666974011333.png

He went to BU in the 80's and started out working comedy clubs in Boston and I think was roommates with Louis CK. I first noticed him when NPR picked up an interview he did on his podcast with Mel Brooks in 2013. He does 2 interviews/week, mostly (but not all) with comedians/musicians/entertainment people. They talk in depth about the person's childhood and their life and they're nearly always the definitive interview with that person.

Lots of big time people and also people you've never heard of before. It's kind of cool that comedians knew who he was, but he was unsuccessful until he became one of the early podcasters and then his career grew from that.
So a Norm MacDonald type?

Back