Most annoying commercials during football?

Most annoying?

• "This Is Our &*(#ing Country"

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Coors Light's Faux-Press Conference

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Reggie Bush vs Diet Pepsi Machine

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Payton Manning whoring for cell phones

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • The Geico cavemen

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Fat Head

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
BizarroAnnihilus on 11-22-2006 at 05:58 AM said:
No question. John F'ing Mellencamp. Thank you drive through.
That's the most used by far and therefore became by far the most annoying. It was all over the world series too. Between that and Buck and McCarver, I wore out two remotes' mute buttons. :banghead:

For pure saturation I have to go with knucklehead Mellencamp - sorry Colts fans I know he and Drew Carey are your boys. And the Coors faux press conference suck just for pure wasted potential. Those could be funny as hell... but the fake questions they've matched up to the "real" answers don't work. If only they'd hired someone funny to write those commercials they'd have something.

I'm also sick to death of commercials for CSI type shows and the like. I have a five year old who loves the Pats but when those commercials pop up at EVERY break he always gets this worried "Daddy, why was that lady screaming and bleeding?" look on his face. I have to scramble for the remote at every stinkin' break instead of doing what I should be doing - going to the fridge or the bathroom or both.

Oh God. Where to start?

I guess if I vote I would have to put in for the John Mellencamp one, primarily because the last time I watched a Sunday Night game - maybe it was the Pats/Colts game, I can't remember - it was like they played it EVERY F***ING BREAK, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

As I mentioned in another thread, I thought the Coors "press conference" ads were funny at first, but like so many ads they get shown way too often (course that's what happens when you're the "official" beer of the league), and the new ones are just dumb. Who writes these things? I mean, who really talks like this? Who here has friends over and asks them, "Would you like a cold refreshment?"???

What would really be funny would be an ad showing video editors trolling through hours of Belichick conferences trying to find stuff for one of those ads.

"Hey coach, isn't Coors the best beer ever?"

"You'd have to ask him."

:confused:

The caveman ones were funny at first too - AT FIRST, the very first one where the spokesman says "Even a caveman could use it" and it turns out the guy holding the boom mike is a caveman, that one was funny. The rest are just stupid, and beating a dead horse, particularly the one at the restaurant.

And the Manning ads - my God, is it ever enough? What will it take for this clown to stop whoring himself out already?

As for Fathead - who actually buys these things? They must be damn near impossible to put up. I always laugh when the announcer says "Too intense for stores!" No, stores won't carry them because they'd be lucky to sell one a month.

To be honest I find the majority of TV ads irritating.

I cant take the Coors press conferences. i keep waiting for the Burger King to come in with a flying tackle and clothes line those nimrods

Since you didn't list Jarrod from Subway, I voted the Crappy Coors slots. Come postseason, you will all tire of Jarrod and Subway.:Eason:

bideau on 11-22-2006 at 09:11 AM said:
I can't stand all the wacko Dunkin commericials lately ("Alarm clock catastrophy" :4321: ).

I read this thread just to see if any one would bring up the Double D commercials.

My wife despises the current DD advertising gimmicks. It all started with "KARATE". Now there is a new one that we saw for the first time the other night. I forget the theme already but she knew instantly (even before there was any indication it was DD) that it was Dunkin's and became pissed off.

When these commercials come on, I always hear "Mute this please" and I'm instantly turning the volume up blaming it on my 2 year old who has yet to hear a song she doesn't like to dance to.

It's tough keeping both the women in my life happy I tell ya.

ROFL

How can you hate the cavemen?! Their timing is spot on. Less is more, I say. The one where he's moving past the advertisement in the airport is hilarious.

Anyway, Mellencamp should fall off a cliff for writing such a nationalistic song. I can't stand when people attempt to drum up emotion over meaningless concepts.

You mean you actually WATCH those things? I'm usually switching channels, leaving the room, stepping out for a smoke, or hit mute. Can't get annoyed with what you don't pay attention to.

I want to smash my tv everytime I see Manning's ugly horseface.

What really blew my mind in the Dallas game was when the announcer said that the Colts have really laid low this year.

Yeah, nothing like 20 stupid commercials to keep you out of the public eye and under the radar.

Haven't seen much of Manning this year, right???????

You know what ads are REALLY REALLY irritating are those stupid-ass ones for Maxwell House coffee where they have a bunch of morons singing the Madness song "Our House", but with ridiculous lyrics about the wonders of their coffee grinding process.

I'd have to say the only one I don't like from this list is the Mellencamp commercial. I mean, every time I see it I just imagine some rich bastard in a suit saying "haha, we'll have a commercial that tries to be patriotic and appeal to the "common man", and then those stupid poor lower class fools will give us all their money." It's just so fake it annoys the hell out of me.

As for the Peyton ones, I think they're HILARIOUS! Well, the newest one isn't quite as good, but it is kind of funny when the guy gets the steam in his face and screams like a little girl. (I always imagine this as if Tom Brady were in the commercial, lol o:) ) "Cut that meat!" was hilarious, signing the bread for Eli was hilarious, and the one where he and Eli are on the tour, and they keep messing with each other is pretty damn funny too. As for the phone ones, I just think the sight of Peyton Manning in a ridiculous fake mustache is quite funny.

Here in Canada we have something called Simultaneous Substituion, which basically means the local cable company hijacks the U.S. feed and plays shitty local commericals. Until recently this was the only way I could watch the Superbowl and never got to see most of the really cool Superbowl commericals because I got the local car dealership commerical 35 times during the game. (I'm not kidding, it was usually on at least once every commerical break)

But, the good news for me is they don't hijack the digital cable package channels, so I order the time share feature for the Superbowl (Or in cases like this week when the Pats aren't on here normally) and I get to see the good commericals.

One of the worst things about this shit was because it's on a Sunday they usually either don't have anyone working the control room, or the staff is smaller so back in the day if the game went long frequently they'd cut the feed to the local news at 5:15 (We're an hour ahead of eastern time) And it wouldn't hcange back until they guy in the booth came back from jackin off in the bathroom... Thankfully that doesn't happen so much any more. But it used to happen all the time. I can't tell you how many football and basketball games I had ruined because of that shit.

In closing, I'd like to propose a Man Law that all football commericals have to have skantily clad, smokin hot women with nice big breastases.

I'm going with "other"

I find those new "Mouse Flavored" Cat Food and "Cat Flavored" Dog Food commercials just completely tasteless (no pun intended)

It's really the "blender" scene showing how they make it that I find most offensive

I have to cast an "other" vote for one that really annoys me, the Dunkin Donuts "not Fritalian" ad with John Goodman that's been running continuously.

It's an ad for Dunkin Donuts latte and they're not claiming that their latte is in any way better or different, or that's it less absurdly overpriced. The only point of the entire ad campaign is that at Dunkin Donuts you don't have to say "vente" or "grande" to place an order, they list them as medium and large.

The song with the ad is repetetive and annoying and they've based the whole massive campaign on appealing to some kind of anti foreign feeling (even though Starbucks is a U.S. company). The ad shows lines of overwhelmed people at a Starbucks -- like ordering is just too fvcking daunting.

Everything about this ad is moronic and it plays every ten minutes.

Mark_Henderson on 12-10-2006 at 12:10 PM said:
I have to cast an "other" vote for one that really annoys me, the Dunkin Donuts "not Fritalian" ad with John Goodman that's been running continuously.

It's an ad for Dunkin Donuts latte and they're not claiming that their latte is in any way better or different, or that's it less absurdly overpriced. The only point of the entire ad campaign is that at Dunkin Donuts you don't have to say "vente" or "grande" to place an order, they list them as medium and large.

The song with the ad is repetetive and annoying and they've based the whole massive campaign on appealing to some kind of anti foreign feeling. The ad shows lines of overwhelmed people at a Starbucks -- like ordering is just too fvcing daunting.

Everything about this ad is moronic and it plays like every ten minutes.

They just opened a new Starbucks thats right on the route of my daily commute. Unfortunately, it's also right outside a retirement community. So not only do I have to dodge the senior citizens in the parking lot - I have to listen to them take 10 minutes to order a cup of coffee, and then listen to them complain about the price. That commercial is definitely geared for them.

R

For the helluvit, on the first day of 2021, i went back to page 2020 of the Archives to see if there were a topic worth resurrecting that was still timely. this one was started in 2006, and PM commercials STILL the most annoying 14+ (plus prior to 06) years later. he's definitely consistent with his commercials! 😄

i also hate the buff wild wings one where the voice over says, "give your tongue a pepsi bath". just icky, his voice and the phrase.

Back