Most hated villains

Flagg the Wanderer

Mourning Algernon
Reaction score
...in TV, Film, Literature, etc. (games, I guess)?

I started a discussion on this recently. Criteria can be anything you want, I guess, but you have to have a disproportionate hatred for them. Their horribleness could be grand scale or petty. The basis is pure, irredeemable audience loathing.

Percy Wetmore (Green Mile)
Henry Potter (It's a Wonderful Life)
Ramsay Bolton (GoT)
Edward the Longshanks (Braveheart)
The Pusher (The Dark Tower)
...who else? Why?

Son of the Russian mob boss from John Wick?

...in TV, Film, Literature, etc. (games, I guess)?

I started a discussion on this recently. Criteria can be anything you want, I guess, but you have to have a disproportionate hatred for them. Their horribleness could be grand scale or petty. The basis is pure, irredeemable audience loathing.

Percy Wetmore (Green Mile)
Henry Potter (It's a Wonderful Life)
Ramsay Bolton (GoT)
Edward the Longshanks (Braveheart)
The Pusher (The Dark Tower)
...who else? Why?

Son of the Russian mob boss from John Wick?
Scott Farkas (A Christmas Story)
Mol (Inception)
Heath Ledger's Joker (Dark Knight)
Bobby Axelrod (Billions)
Hans Gruber (Die Hard)
Buffalo Bill (Silence of the Lambs)
Jaws (Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me)

The first one that comes to mind for me is Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones. I read stories of fans coming up to her and telling her that they hate her. She did that good of a job. :ROFLMAO:

The first one that comes to mind for me is Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones. I read stories of fans coming up to her and telling her that they hate her. She did that good of a job. :ROFLMAO:
See I found Sansa Stark to be a much more horrible person.

The more I think about it all of the women in power in that show were pretty intolerable. Cersei, Sansa and Daenerys.

Interesting. I find Jimmy Stewart's character far more morally corrupt.
I've heard this argument. Don't agree with it. Potter did everything he did out of self-aggrandizement, frustration, and he did it dishonestly and embodied everything bad about detached capitalism. His practices impoverished others rather than lifting all boats and providing opportunities. He was a pure rent-seeker, and a dishonest one at that. People like him, at various levels of skill and scale, were directly responsible for huge swaths of crippling anti-business regulations.

Potter-ites & economic liberty: this is why we can't have nice things. They ruined it for everyone.

Scott Farkas (A Christmas Story)
Mol (Inception)
Heath Ledger's Joker (Dark Knight)
Bobby Axelrod (Billions)
Hans Gruber (Die Hard)
Buffalo Bill (Silence of the Lambs)
Jaws (Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me)
Who hated Hans Gruber?!?! He was fabulous! I'll fight you!

Keep in mind, this isn't about best and most memorable villains, but most loathsome. I guess they don't even need to be villains. Loathsome protagonists are fair game, too!

I've heard this argument. Don't agree with it. Potter did everything he did out of self-aggrandizement, frustration, and he did it dishonestly and embodied everything bad about detached capitalism. His practices impoverished others rather than lifting all boats and providing opportunities. He was a pure rent-seeker, and a dishonest one at that. People like him, at various levels of skill and scale, were directly responsible for huge swaths of crippling anti-business regulations.

Potter-ites & economic liberty: this is why we can't have nice things. They ruined it for everyone.

And that assessment of Henry Potter, although a little accurate in nonessentials, is precisely why man has been broken, downtrodden and crawling through mud or most of his history.

This is why he almost never had nice things until this, our, the only moral and just nation in history was born of the opposite principle. The principle of man's right to his life, inviolate. Setting the world ablaze in glory. The Shining City On The Hill.

It is the altruists perspective that word and deed is the killer of man's soul and body.

See the video on Ellesworth Monkton Toohey I provided for a sight of the pure evil the moral philosophy of Altruism, unadulterated.

Altruism is the enemy of brotherhood, not the foundation.

Peace my brother, peace my friend. ✌✌💖💖🙂🙂

Was there anyone that wasn't happy to see Commodus(Joaquin Phoenix) die a horrible death in Gladiator? I think I remember the audience clapping in the theater.
That one was a little bittersweet though. I would have rather seen Maximus just absolutely wreck him then walk out of the arena.

Yeah you would think a girl mentally and physically tortured and raped would have turned out to be a better person.

The Wicked Witch Of The West (Wizard Of Oz)
Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmations)
Neidermeyer (Animal House)
Lord Foul (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, by Stephan Donaldson)
Iago (Othello, by William Shakespeare)

Last edited:
Sauron, Big Brother and Thanos.

Fucking Thanos was especially creepy because he thought he was doing everybody a FAVOR by randomly wiping out half the living beings in the universe.

Back