My Newest Pet Peeve: "Authentic" NFL Jerseys

QuiGon

Reaction score
So the Patriots Pro Shop (and other assorted NFL online sites) wants me to spend $275 for an "authentic" NFL jersey... something I've done before and will no doubt do again... ah, but here's a little problem: They're not authentic anymore, now are they..?!?

That's right... every NFL team changed uniforms this year because the NFL Shield Logo worn on every player's v-neck is now different. If I am going to spend $300 on a shirt, it ain't going to be the one with last year's design. So maybe the local Pro Shops can have the decency of putting some of last year's uniforms at clearance prices.

IS there an Authentic Heath Ledger Joker Jersey? That would be teh Best. Jersey. Ever.
Isn't that the actor that nobody thought was any good until he died and all of a sudden became the best actor ever...? :jester:

Isn't that the actor that nobody thought was any good until he died and all of a sudden became the best actor ever...? :jester:

Best thing for a career is to die young

Add him to the list with James Dean on it.

What is the fascination with an authentic jersey anyway? You can buy a pretty good replica with the numbers/name sewn on for like $80 now. With players changing teams so frequently, I can't imagine spending $300 on a jersey for a guy who could be on the Jets or Redskins next year.

What is the fascination with an authentic jersey anyway? You can buy a pretty good replica with the numbers/name sewn on for like $80 now. With players changing teams so frequently, I can't imagine spending $300 on a jersey for a guy who could be on the Jets or Redskins next year.

totally agree with you...I bought a Brady (Home & Away), Moss, Maroney, and Welker last year that have everything stiched on. They look real enough for me and I probably paid no more than $35 (each) for them on ebay. I recently got a gently worn Troy Brown authentic for about $65. You have to look pretty hard to tell the difference. The person wearing the jersey can tell only because the authentic jersey is much heavier.

Back