My son, the sports fan

babalu87

Beer....... proof that God loves us
Reaction score
I dont know if any of you remember (or care) what Ben said to me after last years Superbowl.

He finally gave in and went to bed in the 4th quarter (5 years old then, 6 now)
I planned on staying home from work that Monday anyway, I just didnt have the hangover I wished for :banghead:

So, Ben and I are playing around and he's running with the football calling himself Tom Brady.
I sit him down and tell him that the Patriots lost last night.

He looks up at me with those big brown eyes (and lashes that would make non-membered members jealous) and says
"No they didnt"
He then continues playing the part of Tom Brady.

Fast forward to this Sunday:

I had just got home and by the time my truck was un-packed the Patriots were just getting to kick-off.
Ben had a friend over so he was back and forth between cars/trucks/trains and football so I think he pretty much missed the whole Brady thing.

Fast forward to last night:

We're at the Central having pizza and ESPN is on the screens.
OVER AND OVER they show the play ending Bradys season.

Ben looks over at me and says:
"Daddy, what happened to Tom Brady"
Me
"Ben, Tom Brady got hurt and he wont play again until next year"

Ben "No he didnt" and he picks up another piece of pizza

ROFL
He's already a New England fan.......... he's in denial

Too bad its not so easy for the rest of us

:banghead:

Kids ;)

They are so sweet, and innocent, and their worlds are so simple.

I envy them!

I dont know if any of you remember (or care) what Ben said to me after last years Superbowl.

He finally gave in and went to bed in the 4th quarter (5 years old then, 6 now)
I planned on staying home from work that Monday anyway, I just didnt have the hangover I wished for :banghead:

So, Ben and I are playing around and he's running with the football calling himself Tom Brady.
I sit him down and tell him that the Patriots lost last night.

He looks up at me with those big brown eyes (and lashes that would make non-membered members jealous) and says
"No they didnt"
He then continues playing the part of Tom Brady.

Fast forward to this Sunday:

I had just got home and by the time my truck was un-packed the Patriots were just getting to kick-off.
Ben had a friend over so he was back and forth between cars/trucks/trains and football so I think he pretty much missed the whole Brady thing.

Fast forward to last night:

We're at the Central having pizza and ESPN is on the screens.
OVER AND OVER they show the play ending Bradys season.

Ben looks over at me and says:
"Daddy, what happened to Tom Brady"
Me
"Ben, Tom Brady got hurt and he wont play again until next year"

Ben "No he didnt" and he picks up another piece of pizza

ROFL
He's already a New England fan.......... he's in denial

Too bad its not so easy for the rest of us

:banghead:

I want to be 6 again. The gift of innocence.

Babalu's kid can be a fine example for us all in handling sticky situations.

Do you know why I stopped you? Have you been drinking, sir?

"No, I haven't"

The Patriots will probably finish 4-10 with Cassel.

"No they won't"

The damn RG completely popped another RealDoll last night.

"No, he didn't"

:thumb:

Babalu, do me a huge favor and ask him about Bill Buckner.

Make it stop hurting. For me.

Wonderful story..you should send that to PFW with his pic or someplace. :)

I know about the eyelashes. My girls was lucky and got mine, and not their mother's :thumb:

That aside, I'm still in denial about everything too. It is absolutely verboten to mention last season's super bowl in my house. We dont' talk about it, we dont' acknowledge that it ever happened. There was no Super Bowl last season. Period.

Awe, he sounds soooo cute! I have a feeling my future kids are going to be little monsters. haha

Just don't send him back over to Mikie's house and he be fine.

I remember this in another post of yours, you have a fine boy there, bab:patriots!:thumb::toast:

I know about the eyelashes. My girls was lucky and got mine, and not their mother's :thumb:
her burnt off in the fires of Dante...the debbil she is

that is cool Ben sees things that way, I wish I did :banghead: but Cassell, the last l left on because I can, will lead us out of darkness and away from the eyebrow less debbil

Awe, he sounds soooo cute! I have a feeling my future kids are going to be little monsters. haha

Just don't send him back over to Mikie's house and he be fine.
hey, the wife was around so we behaved

Only if they take after me. :coffee:
wait she asked you for a donation too... I think she is sampling us all, making a massive stew of seamen and going to implant samples into all the memberless members - my only complaint is I offered to inplant mine a long time ago and got no takers

clare when offered monkey sex

speak%20no%20evil.jpg

ROFL You guys are funny. I need to laugh because I stayed up waaaay too late last night. I need to wake up.

ROFL You guys are funny. I need to laugh because I stayed up waaaay too late last night. I need to wake up.

You just remember to take notes, pictures and videos in 9 days

............... my little guys heartfelt story about Patriot football turns into a seamen filled treasure chest of creamy goodness :banghead:

Only on PP :party:

Back