Name an invention you wish existed

I want something that can turn what I'm thinking into art - 3 dimensional models, pictures, whatever. Also something controlled by my mind which can modify existing art or computer resources and get them to match what I'm thinking without having to go through my hands.

Time Machine, hands down. Nothing else would be better than to go back in time and right some wrongs

What if you combined a time machine with an impenetrable clear bubble ship that has unlimited power of flight and
really good sight lines. So, you could go anywhere at anytime with perfect safety and comfort. Yes, of course there is
a bathroom and stocked fridge.

So, you could go back to any point in history and observe exactly what went down without the limitations of your
regular time machines.

Egypt? Piece of cake. Watch the impact of the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs. Hell, go back further and watch a T-Rex hunt.

Of course, once you got bored with Earth you could go back about 13 Billion years to the singularity and watch the Big Bang happen live, but I'd recommend
warming up with plenty of massive cataclysms before you catch that one. Kind of work your way up to the Show.

I'd like a hand-held device that would allow me to access the accumulated knowledge of the human race.

It should also function as a navigation device, so I'm never lost.

It should also allow me to watch movies and listen to music, and it should be able to provide a wide variety of games.

Oh, and it should also have the ability to function as a still camera and a video camera, and also be able to serve as a calculator and a flashlight and a magnifying glass, in case I need those functions.

I'd like a hand-held device that would allow me to access the accumulated knowledge of the human race.

It should also allow me to watch movies and listen to music, and it should be able to provide a wide variety of games.

Oh, and it should also have the ability to function as a still camera and a video camera, and also be able to serve as a calculator and a flashlight and a magnifying glass, in case I need those functions.
Dream on. :coffee:

What if you combined a time machine with an impenetrable clear bubble ship that has unlimited power of flight and
really good sight lines. So, you could go anywhere at anytime with perfect safety and comfort. Yes, of course there is
a bathroom and stocked fridge.

So, you could go back to any point in history and observe exactly what went down without the limitations of your
regular time machines.

Egypt? Piece of cake. Watch the impact of the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs. Hell, go back further and watch a T-Rex hunt.

Of course, once you got bored with Earth you could go back about 13 Billion years to the singularity and watch the Big Bang happen live, but I'd recommend
warming up with plenty of massive cataclysms before you catch that one. Kind of work your way up to the Show.
I've thought about that, If I had a Time Machine that could travel to any point in history and remain undetected, the first place I'd visit would be the time and travels of Jesus.

Maybe you could even communicate with other people who had similar devices!

In the 90's, we feared the belief that the government was going to force us to all get chips to use for whatever information and nefarious purposes they wanted and stated we'd never let them do that to us...

Welcome to your chip, that we accepted voluntarily;

1621693810262.png

a friend at work yesterday made that exact point to me, hipkat. truth.

i forgot to put what i want that started me thinking of this thread to begin with.
i want a combo sunscreen/bug repellant/ perfume. i often have the conundrum of choosing between sunscreen and bug spray because i am pale and burn easily yet bugs love to dine on me. and i love to wear perfume. if one of the three had to go, it would be the perfume aspect, but i wouldn't want it to stink!

i forgot to put what i want that started me thinking of this thread to begin with.
i want a combo sunscreen/bug repellant/ perfume. i often have the conundrum of choosing between sunscreen and bug spray because i am pale and burn easily yet bugs love to dine on me. and i love to wear perfume. if one of the three had to go, it would be the perfume aspect, but i wouldn't want it to stink!

I don't use sunscreen but I suppose you could use it then apply Avon's Skin So Soft which I have found to have a fairly pleasant fragrance and repels bugs.

But your invention sounds better.

Best I can do. No sunscreen but apparently does have some vanilla scent which you like. :shrug-n2:

Said device would be manipulated by cats, whose servants would use it to send each other cat pictures.

Madness!

Lots of great things coming up in the next decade. Technology is leaping ahead at breakneck speed. There have to be some great investment opportunities in the bunch.
The next GM, IBM or Apple...may be a click away.

One example

Last edited:
Back