Name your favorite movie of all time

Might be fun to see what everyone likes.
Name your favorite movie. ONE movie. Not a list.... and add comments about it if so inclined.

MIne: The Shawshank Redemption. Without question one of the great films. Plus I love Morgan Freeman......

A Fish called Wanda was side-splitting. My wife still talks about that one. Anything with Cleese and Palin in it... Kline and Curtis were awesome too.

Cleese and Palin and Kline and Curtis re-united for a movie called Fierce Creatures - not as good Wanda, but still worth seeing.

Stunned that we're into the third page and The Godfather has no love here.

Tack on Godfather 2 and Casablanca and you have a great night of film watching.

I'm equally stunned that no one has cited any Kubrick movies. I can think of three or four that I expected to see mentioned by now.

The OP wanted us to pick just one movie. But obviously we could think about genres and have a favorite sci-fi (Forbidden Planet), favorite comedy (Caddyshack), favorite animated movie (The Secret of NIMH), etc.

But I won't do that, because the OP didn't want us to give a list. :insane:
I can't pick one!

But if forced to, I'd have to go with Citizen Kane.

Wasn't there a movie night or stay in weekend movie thread on here once? Pick 3 or 4 movies to binge? It was probably before the Rona and now that a lot of people have done that for a year, the thread died on the vine.

I have a list of about 6 or so of my favs that I will watch every single time they are available to watch. If I had to list just 1 of them it would be "Papillon" if only because it was the most recent watch on my list.

I couldn't do just one....or two.....sorry, I just kept going, and going:

Dr Strangelove
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Terminator
Predator
For a Few Dollars More
Shawshank
12 Angry Men
To Kill a Mockingbird
Once Upon a Time in the West
Casablanca
There's Something About Mary
Wizard of Oz
Midnight Cowboy
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Back to the Future
The Good, Bad, and Ugly
You Only Live Twice
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Blazing Saddles
The Sting
Jeremiah Johnson
Goldfinger

I would also add "Midnight in Paris." It is a Woody Allen movie but he does not star in it. Owen Wilson plays his type of neurotic/romantic character and he is brilliant. Kathy Bates plays Gertrude Stein and is amazing.

I would also add "Midnight in Paris." It is a Woody Allen movie but he does not star in it. Owen Wilson plays his type of neurotic/romantic character and he is brilliant. Kathy Bates plays Gertrude Stein and is amazing.

That’s a very good film. I enjoyed it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If we are going to expand this to other movies besides just our very favorite, I will add:
Reign Over Me - outstanding movie with Adam Sandler playing a dramatic role. I won't give any of it away if you've never seen it.
Pulp Fiction - surprised that I haven't seen this one mentioned.
The Last Samurai - I love movies where the main character goes through a profound transformation based on a life-altering event. The Last Samurai has so many great philosophies for life, I showed it to my oldest daughter more as an outline for how to approach and view her life if she grows older. Cast Away is another movie that falls into this category.
The Matrix - but only the first part.
And of course, The Godfather, all three parts. Because even if part 3 wasn't as good, it was still part of the story

We saw it at the theater when it first came out, intense is an understatement!
Yeah I'm jealous, I watched it on my TV. Would have loved to see that at the imax. But the best part about it was even if you do there was a bear attack, that's not what you were expecting it all!

Back