Name your favorite movie of all time

Might be fun to see what everyone likes.
Name your favorite movie. ONE movie. Not a list.... and add comments about it if so inclined.

MIne: The Shawshank Redemption. Without question one of the great films. Plus I love Morgan Freeman......

Jaws.

I had just got my SCUBA cert the week before and was supposed to go dive with my instructor and some friends the following weekend after I saw the movie. Needless to say I bailed and only did freshwater diving for probably 2-3 years before I got the courage up to dive the salt.

It is a bit twisted ... but that was my major

When a stranger calls not a favorite but a catalyst ...

Favorite don’t really get into movies so really hard to say
light hearted star-wars 1 or the lord of the rings

I can really date myself but Too kill a Mocking Bird, Bridge over the River Kwai, or the Dairy of Anne Frank would be number ones for me...

~Dee~

I love all of them. In fact, I just rewatched Mockingbird a couple of weeks ago with my best friend cuz she had never seen it.

Great picks.

They were awesome I was really sick when I was in the eighth grade and my mother made me watch them lol... they all made a huge impression on me...

~Dee~

Might be fun to see what everyone likes.
Name your favorite movie. ONE movie. Not a list.... and add comments about it if so inclined.

MIne: The Shawshank Redemption. Without question one of the great films. Plus I love Morgan Freeman......
Without a doubt! I probably watch this movie 10 times a year and I watch all other movies three times a year combined. Every time I’m sifting through the stations on a weekend and I come across a 24 hour marathon my wife sighs and decides to make me a sandwich because I’ll be there for the next 18 hours.

I can really date myself but Too kill a Mocking Bird, Bridge over the River Kwai, or the Dairy of Anne Frank would be number ones for me...

~Dee~
The book, bridge over the river kwai was amazing. And has always stuck with me the actual flatline through both my personal dealings and my professional dealings. That was an amazing book.

Funny you say that I read all three books before watching the movies, but I found the movies were so close to the books. Now a days not so much... I read the trilogy in HS and again in college the movies never captured the essence of the books.... unlike the 3 I mentioned
~Dee~

Funny you say that I read all three books before watching the movies, but I found the movies were so close to the books. Now a days not so much... I read the trilogy in HS and again in college the movies never captured the essence of the books.... unlike the 3 I mentioned
~Dee~
I agree. There are only a few exceptions where the movies can come close to the books. A couple of Stephen kings movies are amongst the exceptions. The shining being one.

I agree. There are only a few exceptions where the movies can come close to the books. A couple of Stephen kings movies are amongst the exceptions. The shining being one.
I’d go with Cujo and the Shinning would definitely in the running lol
im not going to lie Steven King is dark....

~Dee~

I’d go with Cujo and the Shinning would definitely in the running lol
im not going to lie Steven King is dark....

~Dee~
Up in till he started involving clowns I was a huge fan. Nobody was better in developing characters that you cared about and therefore were scared to read their demise.

Back