Name Your Favorite...Whatever

Favorite technology: there's a wide range here from the primitive (hammers, knives, the wheel), to early modern (printing press, eyeglasses and telescopes, gunpowder, steam engines, radio), to late modern (computers, spaceflight, robots).

My favorite is high fidelity music reproduction, but there are lots of other worthy choices.

Favorite 1960's era TV comedy (the Golden Age): there's Beverly Hillbillies and I Dream of Jeannie and F Troop and Gilligan's Island and Green Acres and Petticoat Junction and the Addams Family and several others.

My favorite was Get Smart, but that's because of Barbara Feldon. Otherwise I would have gone with The Addams Family.

1695271759062.png

Last edited:
Cooking is one of my favorite things and in particular I like using my smoker to make various kinds of meat the
low and slow way.

My favorite recipe is for "Almost Katz's" pastrami where the author attempts to duplicate the specialty of that
famous NY deli (who will not share their secrets) and can be found in the link for those that have a lot of patience to
make something that absolutely kills.

I just made a huge batch prior to a family road trip see a relative's son who plays TE for Fordham vs. the University of Buffalo and
let's just say I made a lot of new friends who went nuts for it. The tailgate was great but the Rams were down 21-3 in the
first quarter but then Matt blew out his hammy and things were looking grim, but Fordham (22 point underdogs) clawed
their way back to win 40-37. The Fordham crew took that stadium over and we celebrated until 4AM. That was a good
night.

I just came back from lunch with hubby. Gary, who lives a few houses from us was there, we are all regulars there.

He snuck out and paid for our meal. Since I was suppose to be treating the husband, I in turned paid for the senior behind me and made sure she had cake to go with it.

A few months ago, Robert paid for Gary, Gary paid for us and hubby paid for another person. The waitress says it often, "I love working here, you guys are so nice." All of us sneaking
out before the person found out their meal was paid for.

When I was paying for the senior I included the tip. Amber said no tip is needed Gary paid for it, I said yes tip is included she was waited on by you after all. She just gushed.

This is probably not the place to put this and I am rambling.

This is one of our favorite places to go in the city.

/Stopping

I just came back from lunch with hubby. Gary, who lives a few houses from us was there, we are all regulars there.

He snuck out and paid for our meal. Since I was suppose to be treating the husband, I in turned paid for the senior behind me and made sure she had cake to go with it.

A few months ago, Robert paid for Gary, Gary paid for us and hubby paid for another person. The waitress says it often, "I love working here, you guys are so nice." All of us sneaking
out before the person found out their meal was paid for.

When I was paying for the senior I included the tip. Amber said no tip is needed Gary paid for it, I said yes tip is included she was waited on by you after all. She just gushed.

This is probably not the place to put this and I am rambling.

This is one of our favorite places to go in the city.

/Stopping

Love it.

My favourite:

Golf Course - Glen Abbey
Car - Porsche 928 GTS (5-speed)
Board Game - Catan
Obsession - Hi-end audio
Hobby - Brewing beer
Beer - Cuvee van de Keizer Blauw
Bass Guitar - Warwick Thumb (5 string)
Electric Guitar - ES 330

We used to play a lot of Catan, but now we are heavily into Carcassonne.

Butts! We’ll no, I mean boobs! On second thought, legs! Actually no, my favorite thing is a pretty face!

We used to play a lot of Catan, but now we are heavily into Carcassonne.

We started playing Mexican Train Dominoes a few months ago and it has been going viral with
everybody. It's to the point where the majority have bought their own sets and are teaching others.

For my people it's like the Pickleball of board games. A craze. Some people play every night and you
can have 2 to 8 players, with more possible. One cool wrinkle is the host can decide on which rules to
use or custom rules, because there are variations out there.

It takes about 15 minutes to learn to where you might win but enough strategy to make it
engaging without requiring intense mental focus throughout. You can talk and give people shit while
still being aware of the shifting options that develop constantly and it just seems to entertain and give the troops what
they want in a game.

The artist in me likes that there is also a factor of random design to the game where each round creates unique patterns of spoke-like
"trains" emanating from a central station that spread across the table. The pace of play is generally quick, but
nobody seems to want to quit playing because nobody gets bored.

I'd tried regular dominoes before and didn't really get the appeal. This is a much different thing.

Back