National Vietnam War Veterans Day: March 29, 2023.

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
March 29, 1973, 50 years ago today, The U.S. left Vietnam in its rearview mirror. I've been back for 54 years now.

The day was designated in 2017 to honor those who served there.. I will remember and thank all those who served there or anywhere.

Bless them all.

Cheers

March 29, 1973, 50 years ago today, The U.S. left Vietnam in its rearview mirror. I've been back for 54 years now.

The day was designated in 2017 to honor those who served there.. I will remember and thank all those who served there or anywhere.

Bless them all.

Cheers
Welcome home! Sounds like I was there when you were. Where were you in Vietnam?

I was there from 11/1/67 to 8/31/68 when I ETS'ed. Days like today remind me of the guys that I knew who didn't make it back. And those who did, came home and got on with their lives. Not, the crazy drug addicts that the movies and media want to portray Vietnam Vets to be.
Guess I better stop now before I start in on Jane Fonda and John Kerry.

Last edited:
I was there from 11/1/67 to 8/31/68 when I ETS'ed. Days like today remind me of the guys that I knew who didn't make it back. And those who did, came home and got on with their lives. Not, the crazy drug addicts that the movies and media want to portray Vietnam Vets to be.
Guess I better stop now before I start in on Jane Fonda and John Kerry.
Thank you very much.

Bless them all.

Cheers

Thank you for your service, BT. That was a terribly brutal and maybe the most inhumane war of all. Totally unconventional and our field officers had to learn on the fly how to fight it.

Much respect.

FrXSnt4WYAAL8aW

Back