NBA Finals - Cleveland vs Golden State

It's an attention grab with some people.

I've coached youth hockey among other sports for the past 8 yrs. Same kids in our town and in competitors towns. Lay down like their shot for 3-4 minutes, coach goes out, walk to bench, then out for next shift never missing a beat.

On car rides home I tell my son that happens with him he won't skate a month. He takes a hit or gets a shot off a chink in the armor and he'll get to the bench wincing. But he's not laying down out there unless it's real.

It's embarrassing, but to the actor I think they view it as some form of false courage.
true, you get off the Ice, Field, Court the best you can - hell Even Love has hobbled around a few times, Candy-Assing it is contagious.

The Collision LeBron had, the way he fell holding his head, the act of I AM Hurt - it all bugs the hell out of me.

BUT to come back from the dead, James Brown like, and play like he did right after that Faux pas proves it was a flop.

Did you see the play? He got a shoulder right to his head and did not see it coming. I am sure he was dazed for a few seconds as anyone would be taking that hit.

You may have missed my previous posts. I agree with you. Lebron is the GOAT. I don't get the hate either. MJ was a great purer scorer. He does not possess the breath of game as Lebron and MJ had Phil Jackson while Lebron has had dunces.
LeBron refuses to be coached, he selects the coaches, MJ was not the GM, Lebron is.

Look F Jordan but as much as he did something that forced his "tryout" with baseball, he appeared to listen to the coaches.

I attribute that to MJ and the Famous didn't make high school team story as opposed to LeBron and a custom Humvee in High School.

Plus LeBron should be compared to Magic, not Jordan. They were similar players.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Did you see the play? He got a shoulder right to his head and did not see it coming. I am sure he was dazed for a few seconds as anyone would be taking that hit.
I saw it and must have missed the violent hit, he hit his shoulder, even the announcers said it and they later claimed he hit his head on the court because they have to protect the Chosen One.

Bird used take a couple hits a month like that regularly.

Bird used take a couple hits a month like that regularly.

Sure. But that was not the point. I was responding to the notion that Lebron was faking injury. Given the nature of the hit, he was most likely dazed. Took a few seconds to compose himself and then balled the rest of the game. Just like Bird.

LeBron refuses to be coached, he selects the coaches, MJ was not the GM, Lebron is.

Look F Jordan but as much as he did something that forced his "tryout" with baseball, he appeared to listen to the coaches.

I attribute that to MJ and the Famous didn't make high school team story as opposed to LeBron and a custom Humvee in High School.

Plus LeBron should be compared to Magic, not Jordan. They were similar players.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

I saw it and must have missed the violent hit, he hit his shoulder, even the announcers said it and they later claimed he hit his head on the court because they have to protect the Chosen One.
Jordan leaving basketball to play baseball and failing at baseball is one of the biggest stains on his legacy IMO. He could have possibly 8-peated but decided at the height of his b-ball powers to go try to fulfill a boyhood dream. Lebron's commitment to his craft is at Brady's level and has been since he was 18. He may never get to 6 rings but his overall career will be more highly regarded than Jordan's IMO.

Jordan leaving basketball to play baseball and failing at baseball is one of the biggest stains on his legacy IMO. He could have possibly 8-peated but decided at the height of his b-ball powers to go try to fulfill a boyhood dream. Lebron's commitment to his craft is at Brady's level and has been since he was 18. He may never get to 6 rings but his overall career will be more highly regarded IMO.
I think MJ was suspended by the NBA and playing Baseball was a cover up - I have no proof but feel something was up and the death of his Dad supports my feelings.

in my opinion, Michael got called into the Commish and Stern said: "either you retire or you tarnish your legacy with a suspension."

He choose baseball as a way to make it look good.

Jordan's a pure 2, LeBron is a point forward 3. They do different things well. Jordan couldn't hold James' jock as a passer or defender (James can legitimately guard all five positions), James is statistically a better shooter as well, although he takes less shots (Neither are great shooters, Jordan was better at the free-throw line).

Let's knock out the better shooter myth first. Jordan shot .505 for his career with the Bulls. LeBron's career FG% is .501. That's a wash. LeBron is the better three point shooter and Jordan is better by 10% at the line. (I'm not counting Jordan's Wizard stats. Kind of pointless.)

LeBron can defend 1-3 positions very effectively. He can match up with 4s, but it is taxing and it can affect his game on the offensive end. He may be able to check a few of the worst 5s that are currently in the league, but that's because 5s are hot garbage compared to the 5s in the Jordan era. He never would have been able to play the 5 in Jordan's era. You think LeBron could check David Robinson, Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq, Mutombo, or Mourning? The only one out of them that wouldn't average 45 PPG with LeBron guarding him would be Mutombo. LeBron wouldn't even be able to guard Rik Smits.

Also, I don't know how people always forget that Jordan was a great passer. The guy averaged 5.5 assists per game. He just didn't defer as often as LeBron because he was the best damn scoring 2 we have ever seen. That's why he averaged 30+ PPG for seven years in a row when defenders were allowed to hand check and practically maul you.

I'll always take the side that Jordan is the GOAT, but I'm just happy I've been able to watch both of these guys play the game at such an amazing level.

Jordan leaving basketball to play baseball and failing at baseball is one of the biggest stains on his legacy IMO. He could have possibly 8-peated but decided at the height of his b-ball powers to go try to fulfill a boyhood dream. Lebron's commitment to his craft is at Brady's level and has been since he was 18. He may never get to 6 rings but his overall career will be more highly regarded IMO.

I'm going to disagree with you based on this-

LeBron has never won anything without being surrounded by considerable talent- Wade, Bosh and Allen in Miami, Love and Irving in Cleveland. Aside from Moss and probably Gronk, what legit HOF caliber talent has Brady played with?

The NBA has become all about the super team, that's how you win. As I said before, LeBron is an all-time great player, but he will come up short in the conversation. The last 3 minutes of the game last night pretty much sealed that.

I think MJ was suspended by the NBA and playing Baseball was a cover up - I have no proof but feel something was up and the death of his Dad supports my feelings.

in my opinion, Michael got called into the Commish and Stern said: "either you retire or you tarnish your legacy with a suspension."

He choose baseball as a way to make it look good.

I have heard this before. That it has something also to do with MJs gambling as well. But my biggest issue is why did he only leave for a year and a half and then when he realized he sucked at baseball was allowed to come back to the NBA and win three more chips? I mean something seriously does not add up.

My feeling is he saw Deion Sanders playing two sports and always had an itch for baseball and felt he could do it. Then when he failed, he came back to the sport he dominated.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

I'm going to disagree with you based on this-

LeBron has never won anything without being surrounded by considerable talent- Wade, Bosh and Allen in Miami, Love and Irving in Cleveland. Aside from Moss and probably Gronk, what legit HOF caliber talent has Brady played with?

The NBA has become all about the super team, that's how you win. As I said before, LeBron is an all-time great player, but he will come up short in the conversation. The last 3 minutes of the game last night pretty much sealed that.

I think my post was confusing so I apologize. I meant that Lebron's career will be more highly regarded than MJs not Brady's. I just fixed the post to better clarify.

Let's knock out the better shooter myth first. Jordan shot .505 for his career with the Bulls. LeBron's career FG% is .501. That's a wash. LeBron is the better three point shooter and Jordan is better by 10% at the line. (I'm not counting Jordan's Wizard stats. Kind of pointless.)

LeBron can defend 1-3 positions very effectively. He can match up with 4s, but it is taxing and it can affect his game on the offensive end. He may be able to check a few of the worst 5s that are currently in the league, but that's because 5s are hot garbage compared to the 5s in the Jordan era. He never would have been able to play the 5 in Jordan's era. You think LeBron could check David Robinson, Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq, Mutombo, or Mourning? The only one out of them that wouldn't average 45 PPG with LeBron guarding him would be Mutombo. LeBron wouldn't even be able to guard Rik Smits.

Also, I don't know how people always forget that Jordan was a great passer. The guy averaged 5.5 assists per game. He just didn't defer as often as LeBron because he was the best damn scoring 2 we have ever seen. That's why he averaged 30+ PPG for seven years in a row when defenders were allowed to hand check and practically maul you.

I'll always take the side that Jordan is the GOAT, but I'm just happy I've been able to watch both of these guys play the game at such an amazing level.

No, but he'd probably have 45 boards.

Jordan leaving basketball to play baseball and failing at baseball is one of the biggest stains on his legacy IMO. He could have possibly 8-peated but decided at the height of his b-ball powers to go try to fulfill a boyhood dream. Lebron's commitment to his craft is at Brady's level and has been since he was 18. He may never get to 6 rings but his overall career will be more highly regarded than Jordan's IMO.

Not a chance.

Championships and how you perform in them cement your legacy. MJ never had an 0-8 stretch like that, being a passenger. That was crunch time. In the only shot you had at making this a series. And when the cards were on the line he folded. Badly.

As OZO said, if he just says it's my game he drives on 5 of 8 with some dunks and a couple and 1s and seals the deal. Instead he has the rug pulled out from under him.

MJ would have taken the game over in that moment, without doubt.

I have heard this before. That it has something also to do with MJs gambling as well. But my biggest issue is why did he only leave for a year and a half and then when he realized he sucked at baseball was allowed to come back to the NBA and win three more chips? I mean something seriously does not add up.

My feeling is he saw Deion Sanders playing two sports and always had an itch for baseball and felt he could do it. Then when he failed, he came back to the sport he dominated.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

I think my post was confusing so I apologize. I meant that Lebron's career will be more highly regarded than MJs not Brady's.

Thanks for the clarification. That being said, I still disagree. Here's the way I break this down-

Brady finally put that asinine "Joe never lost in the Super Bowl" argument to bed this year with his 5th ring. Flipping it back over, not only did Jordan never lose in the finals, but he threepeated, walked away for 2 years, came back and threepeated again. What he did was for all intents and purposes 60s Celtics type stuff. There is only one way that LeBron's career will ever be more highly regarded than Jordan's...he needs to win 4 more rings. Ain't gonna happen. Also, his first rate bitchout at the end of the game last night will be a HUGE detraction. You're supposed to be the most dominant player in the game, maybe the GOAT. You're down 2-0 in the finals, playing at home in a must-win game. You empty the clip. You take over on the offensive end. You impose your will. You find a way. Even if you lose nobody is going to say that it wasn't because you didn't give it everything you had. He didn't.

true, you get off the Ice, Field, Court the best you can - hell Even Love has hobbled around a few times, Candy-Assing it is contagious.

Maybe the Cavs should watch this :shrug_n:

https://youtu.be/LbD2nSxuPec

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LbD2nSxuPec" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A one year suspension and Jordan flipped off the league and waited to come back to punish them for punishing him, the best ever.

Lebron can take over a game but then backs off, IF he had the killer instinct of Jordan he would be unstoppable, I just see too much softness in his personality to allow him to just be great when he has to be.

We all knew Michael/ Larry/Kobe and even Magic were going to take that shot and despite knowing that, and defenses being designed to stop them, they still took and it seems like made those shots when it really mattered.

LeBron, like David Price, is looking to be loved but are soft muffin asses who lack the stones to do what is needed to make you love their game.

A one year suspension and Jordan flipped off the league and waited to come back to punish them for punishing him, the best ever.

Lebron can take over a game but then backs off, IF he had the killer instinct of Jordan he would be unstoppable, I just see too much softness in his personality to allow him to just be great when he has to be.

We all knew Michael/ Larry/Kobe and even Magic were going to take that shot and despite knowing that, and defenses being designed to stop them, they still took and it seems like made those shots when it really mattered.

LeBron, like David Price, is looking to be loved but are soft muffin asses who lack the stones to do what is needed to make you love their game.

not a fan but I was ready to give him his props this time around.

Not now, not ever.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LbD2nSxuPec" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think if most basketball and baseball players were forced to sit down and watch vids like that and other hockey and football vids they'd rapidly convince themselves their flop and near death experiences are truly rather silly.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/84v5cazK8lc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think if most basketball and baseball players were forced to sit down and watch vids like that and other hockey and football vids they'd rapidly convince themselves their flop and near death experiences are truly rather silly.
Willis Reed

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2Q3ULtuljME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back