NBA Finals - Cleveland vs Golden State

Sure but it's not like his MO is to punk out in big moments, even if he did in Game 3. There have been countless playoff games over the past decade that his teams won because he was literally their entire offense.

Peyton Manning he is not.

Correct.

Else he probably doesn't have any rings.

That was the time to step up and take charge again.

My sons coach has the perfect phrase:

No passengers

I have this continual image in my head of Nick Wright looking like this :***:

Lebron will not win again if this GS team stays together.

No one will win as long as this GS team stays together. Durant's the oldest starter and I think he's not even 30 yet.

Game 3.

Don't let your team go 0-12 or whatever in the final moments. You are 6'9" 265. You can drive and dunk on anyone. You hardly ever get called. Put the team on your back if you're the supposed GOAT, take control, and score.

It's not the time of the game or series to be dishing it.

Kyle Corver was the best 3-point shooter in the league this year.

Hell, Jordan passed to Kerr and Paxson for game-winners and was universally applauded for his unselfishness.

I mean, I don't know if it's that all the kids were brought up on Space Jam or what, I sort of expect it from them, but most of the people here saw Jordan play. He was a cold-blooded assassin, but he didn't make every shot, didn't take every shot. That's just not what happened. It reminds me of how people talk about Joe Montana. Never took a sack, never threw an INT, definitely didn't miss 2 years due to injury.

Hell, the Celtics wanted him to score when he put up 63 (or else they wouldn't have put Bird on him). They probably didn't want 63, but 'Make Jordan keep the ball' was a thing in the 80s. By the time the 90s rolled around, he was not only better, but the league had changed, and 30 points was like, half of what the Knicks would score in a game.

No one will win as long as this GS team stays together. Durant's the oldest starter and I think he's not even 30 yet.

He is 28. They could be dominant for the next 8 years if they stay together and leave a deep mark on this league.

Bad timing for Lebron but he has his 3 chips and will own every record by the time he is done.

Kyle Corver was the best 3-point shooter in the league this year.

Hell, Jordan passed to Kerr and Paxson for game-winners and was universally applauded for his unselfishness.

I mean, I don't know if it's that all the kids were brought up on Space Jam or what, I sort of expect it from them, but most of the people here saw Jordan play. He was a cold-blooded assassin, but he didn't make every shot, didn't take every shot. That's just not what happened. It reminds me of how people talk about Joe Montana. Never took a sack, never threw an INT, definitely didn't miss 2 years due to injury.

Hell, the Celtics wanted him to score when he put up 63 (or else they wouldn't have put Bird on him). They probably didn't want 63, but 'Make Jordan keep the ball' was a thing in the 80s. By the time the 90s rolled around, he was not only better, but the league had changed, and 30 points was like, half of what the Knicks would score in a game.

Fantastic post Tommy. Jordan may be glamorized more than any other player. For sure he had his warts and he was not always clutch either. But I think with Jordan he was better able to accept coaching and played Phil Jackson's triangle to perfection. Kind of like Brady with BB. Lebron is THE team and he has had dunces for head coaches but I do wonder even if he want to legit coach like Pop if he would be able to accept the coaching. He is a lot like ManninHGH who just could never let go of his Indy offense and that sense of control to his own detriment. I would like to see if Lebron could do that but he may not be able too. He is just sooo gifted and his basketball IQ is really high but I think like Pop could put the players AND system around him to help win like Jordan did.

He is 28. They could be dominant for the next 8 years if they stay together and leave a deep mark on this league.

Bad timing for Lebron but he has his 3 chips and will own every record by the time he is done.

It's unlikely the team would stay together for that long. Eventually some of these dudes will have fat cash.

But ya GS getting together as it did hurts LBJ's chances to get more rings in his prime. I'm sure he'll be in a few more Finals because the East is weak.

It's unlikely the team would stay together for that long. Eventually some of these dudes will have fat cash.

But ya GS getting together as it did hurts LBJ's chances to get more rings in his prime. I'm sure he'll be in a few more Finals because the East is weak.

Negative. After this draft/FA signing period the Cs are going to be well positioned to be the new beasts of the East.

Negative. After this draft/FA signing period the Cs are going to be well positioned to be the new beasts of the East.

I don't disagree that they'll be improved. I guess it depends on what moves Cleveland makes in the next 1-3 years.

I don't disagree that they'll be improved. I guess it depends on what moves Cleveland makes in the next 1-3 years.

As currently constructed Cleveland has limited cap space. Love is going to be gone. Korver will probably be gone. Jefferson will probably be gone or retire. Kyrie is going to need to get paid. Cleveland was built with the a 3 year shelf-life in mind. They stand to look significantly different next year.

Except for the non-sense that Jordan ever struggled in the 80s and games in the era after were 78-76. Take a look at Jordan's stats and tell me when he ever struggled with the Bulls.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jordami01.html

Also, the Bulls averaged under 100 PPG exactly once when Jordan played for them. His last year of 97-98. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/stats_per_game_totals.html

I was just too lazy to parse it. Most of it was accurate, so I just left it there.

33.6 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists on 56.4% shooting, and 39% from 3. Also a steal and a half, and a block.

Averaged.

In the finals.

I really don't know what the hell else the guy's supposed to do.

He could become a Celtic. :coffee:

LeBron IS Manning

Manning is LeBron

both are great athletes but just something about the stupid ass way they say things like:

"trying to be a good teammate"
"Protection Problems"
"I averaged a triple double"
"I left everything on the court"

It make it seem like they are saying don't blame me I did my job.

As Patriots fans we are used to the BB "could have coached better" or the Tom "I made poor decisions"

as Boston fans we loved Larry because he appeared to lack physical ability (A LIE), The Wensink/O'Rielly/Jonathon line, we adore the dirt dogs and the idiots because they never had to tell you they left everything on the court/ice/diamond/field.

it is how we carry ourselves in defeat that shows the true colors, I would prefer he punched a wall and dropped an F-bomb filled tirade than to say "I did MY job" and leave it hanging as to who didn't.

LeBron IS Manning

Manning is LeBron

both are great athletes but just something about the stupid ass way they say things like:

"trying to be a good teammate"
"Protection Problems"
"I averaged a triple double"
"I left everything on the court"

It make it seem like they are saying don't blame me I did my job.

As Patriots fans we are used to the BB "could have coached better" or the Tom "I made poor decisions"

as Boston fans we loved Larry because he appeared to lack physical ability (A LIE), The Wensink/O'Rielly/Jonathon line, we adore the dirt dogs and the idiots because they never had to tell you they left everything on the court/ice/diamond/field.

it is how we carry ourselves in defeat that shows the true colors, I would prefer he punched a wall and dropped an F-bomb filled tirade than to say "I did MY job" and leave it hanging as to who didn't.

Fine. Is Peyton Manning one of the best players in NFL History? The answer to that is yes. Can you put his numbers up against anyone else who's ever played the position? Yes. Did he win championships? Yes.

The difference between James and Manning is that Manning was surrounded by hall of famers for the bulk of his career. Who's the hall of famer that James was surrounded with? Maybe Dwyane Wade? Maybe Kyrie Irving someday? There's no Marvin "Handcannon" Harrison around, no Edgerrin James, no Dwight Freeney.

Did Jordan have that? Yep, Scottie Pippen. The Bulls won 57 games and the title in 1992 with Jordan, and 55 games and the conference championships without him.

One more thing, James won titles against the Spurs and Warriors. Manning won titles against the Bears and Panthers. There's a difference there as well.

You don't like that he says "I" too much. K. That doesn't diminish from the actual accomplishments and body of work.

Back