NBA Finals - Cleveland vs Golden State

He is. It is not even close. He plays every position. He is player/coach/GM. No one has possessed his level of basketball IQ with the dunces he has had for HCs. All the other greats learned from great college and/or pro coaches/personnel. 18 years old, no constitutional college to prepare him or teach him. No Auerbach, No Phil Jackson, no West. Stands up for social/racial issues unlike MJ. He leads as much off the court for a crap league as he does on the court. Married, has 3 kids. No drugs. No baby mamas. He is the GOAT. Undisputed.

Magic played every position. :shrug_n:

I will credit him on his social life, seems to be a great father.

Magic played every position. :shrug_n:

I will credit him on his social life, seems to be a great father.

Magic was the classic point guard. A supreme distributor of the ball and a sweet shot. He was not the type of inside player as Lebron and of course Magic played with arguably the best collection of talent ever assembled on those Lakers teams with the 80s Celtics as a close second.

I mean Lebron has played with hot garbage compared to the other greats. Both players AND coaches/GMs. He has played during a time when the NBA has sucked. Honestly, no player has ever had the success/failure of the league more on his shoulders than Lebron or had to deal with the social media landscape that Lebron navigates beautifully and never gets enough credit for. The guy is as driven as Brady. Spends $2mil a year on his body and diet similar to Brady.

Kiri is arguably top 5 in this league. Love top 20. Just stop with the hot garbage line.

MJ is the best. Period.

Kiri is arguably top 5 in this league. Love top 20. Just stop with the hot garbage line.

MJ is the best. Period.

Neither are playing like that this series with a chip on the line. No super star in the convo as GOAT has played with less talent than Lebron both player wise and coaching wise. That cannot be disputed.

MJ was the best pure shooter. Not close to Lebron's breath of game or influence outside of the game. MJ also quit for 2 years to pursue another sport. Nowhere close to Lebron's commitment from age 18 to present.

Neither are playing like that this series with a chip on the line. No super star in the convo as GOAT has played with less talent than Lebron both player wise and coaching wise. That cannot be disputed.

MJ was the best pure shooter. Not close to Lebron's breath of game or influence outside of the game. MJ also quit for 2 years to pursue another sport. Nowhere close to Lebron's commitment from age 18 to present.

MJ basically created the shoe market. He was a game changer on and off court. Excellent defender. Flew thru the air. He was ridiculous.

And a bigger compete. You would NEVER see him walk off sulking taking his jersey off.

MJ basically created the shoe market. He was a game changer on and off court. Excellent defender. Flew thru the air. He was ridiculous.

And a bigger compete. You would NEVER see him walk off sulking taking his jersey off.

MJ for sure was more clutch. And first player to really bring the aerial game to the forefront hence the Air Jordan sneakers which has been a monster marketing campaign that will seemingly ever end.

Familiar with the name but before my time.
yeah I loved me some basketball and he was before my time but I watched a couple things on him and he was the real deal.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Aj2tXnFhYpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

as for why I dislike LeBron.

this tweet says it all.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reporter: Does guarding KD take a toll on you?<br><br>LeBron: Do I look tired? I'm averaging a triple-double in the Finals &#55357;&#56613; (&#55357;&#56569;: <a href="https://twitter.com/cavs">@cavs</a>) <a href="https://t.co/lfi5COXrS0">pic.twitter.com/lfi5COXrS0</a></p>— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) <a href="https://twitter.com/SInow/status/872478485603897347">June 7, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bron Brons dead

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Oh nevermind.

Not gonna miss a minute.

He's almost like an NHL guy.

MJ for sure was more clutch. And first player to really bring the aerial game to the forefront hence the Air Jordan sneakers which has been a monster marketing campaign that will seemingly ever end.

Howdy.

atlanta%20hawks%2021%20dominique%20wilkins%20white.jpg

Jordan was an awesome player, but he's now been built (in comments like this one) into this mythical figure who never missed a shot, and routinely dunked on 3 Yao Mings stacked on top of each other.

Give Lebron a legitimate Top-20 All-Time player like Scottie Pippen to run with, and we'll see just how 'clutch' he is.

Rodman's a top-50 all-time player, best rebounder not named Bill Russell. Ron Harper was a legendary defender who could lock down 3 positions. Even the "scrub" on that team Toni Kukoc averaged 13/4/4 and 40% from 3, stretching the triangle.

Jordan was a great competitor, and never shyed away from defense on the other end. He wouldn't take charges, but he'd sure swat the ball from you like it was nothing. Unless you were Allen Iverson, but he did that to everyone.

Jordan's a pure 2, LeBron is a point forward 3. They do different things well. Jordan couldn't hold James' jock as a passer or defender (James can legitimately guard all five positions), James is statistically a better shooter as well, although he takes less shots (Neither are great shooters, Jordan was better at the free-throw line).

You can say Jordan was more 'clutch', I'd tell you he was on better teams than James. Look at James' performances in the finals. His averages. They're right there with Jordan.

I will never, ever, ever understand all the James hate, especially when I can say 'Well, Jordan did the exact same thing'. Like 'Has been the Celtics' bitch'.

Howdy.

Jordan was an awesome player, but he's now been built (in comments like this one) into this mythical figure who never missed a shot, and routinely dunked on 3 Yao Mings stacked on top of each other.

Give Lebron a legitimate Top-20 All-Time player like Scottie Pippen to run with, and we'll see just how 'clutch' he is.

Rodman's a top-50 all-time player, best rebounder not named Bill Russell. Ron Harper was a legendary defender who could lock down 3 positions. Even the "scrub" on that team Toni Kukoc averaged 13/4/4 and 40% from 3, stretching the triangle.

Jordan was a great competitor, and never shyed away from defense on the other end. He wouldn't take charges, but he'd sure swat the ball from you like it was nothing. Unless you were Allen Iverson, but he did that to everyone.

Jordan's a pure 2, LeBron is a point forward 3. They do different things well. Jordan couldn't hold James' jock as a passer or defender (James can legitimately guard all five positions), James is statistically a better shooter as well, although he takes less shots (Neither are great shooters, Jordan was better at the free-throw line).

You can say Jordan was more 'clutch', I'd tell you he was on better teams than James. Look at James' performances in the finals. His averages. They're right there with Jordan.

I will never, ever, ever understand all the James hate, especially when I can say 'Well, Jordan did the exact same thing'. Like 'Has been the Celtics' bitch'.

So Jordan is Brady and Bron Bron is Peyton.

Howdy.

I would consider DWade in his prime to fall in to potentially fall into this category. he went 2-2 with him.

I'm not going to dispute LeBron's greatness, but you and I are both old enough to have seen Magic, Jordan and Bird, not to mention Kobe. Do you SERIOUSLY think any of those guys would have taken a collar the way LeBron did last night in the final 3 minutes of that game? Every one of them would have taken over on the offensive end and taken the ball to the hole on every offensive possession. The Cavs went 0-8 during that stretch. If LeBron is going to the hole he probably score 4 buckets, gets fouled 2-3 times with a couple of those being and 1s. THAT is the difference. You can't be unselfish there, you have to impose your will. For me, that stretch ended the debate.

I would consider DWade in his prime to fall in to potentially fall into this category. he went 2-2 with him.

I'm not going to dispute LeBron's greatness, but you and I are both old enough to have seen Magic, Jordan and Bird, not to mention Kobe. Do you SERIOUSLY think any of those guys would have taken a collar the way LeBron did last night in the final 3 minutes of that game? Every one of them would have taken over on the offensive end and taken the ball to the hole on every offensive possession. The Cavs went 0-8 during that stretch. If LeBron is going to the hole he probably score 4 buckets, gets fouled 2-3 times with a couple of those being and 1s. THAT is the difference. You can't be unselfish there, you have to impose your will. For me, that stretch ended the debate.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

You sir are correct.

Greatest of all time take the game over and make it one of their defining moments. 0-8 turns down the floor in a series deciding home court game is for Carmello types, not the GOAT.

The Collision LeBron had, the way he fell holding his head, the act of I AM Hurt - it all bugs the hell out of me.

BUT to come back from the dead, James Brown like, and play like he did right after that Faux pas proves it was a flop.

The Collision LeBron had, the way he fell holding his head, the act of I AM Hurt - it all bugs the hell out of me.

BUT to come back from the dead, James Brown like, and play like he did right after that Faux pas proves it was a flop.

It's an attention grab with some people.

I've coached youth hockey among other sports for the past 8 yrs. Same kids in our town and in competitors towns. Lay down like their shot for 3-4 minutes, coach goes out, walk to bench, then out for next shift never missing a beat.

On car rides home I tell my son that happens with him he won't skate a month. He takes a hit or gets a shot off a chink in the armor and he'll get to the bench wincing. But he's not laying down out there unless it's real.

It's embarrassing, but to the actor I think they view it as some form of false courage.

Howdy.

You may have missed my previous posts. I agree with you. Lebron is the GOAT. I don't get the hate either. MJ was a great purer scorer. He does not possess the breath of game as Lebron and MJ had Phil Jackson while Lebron has had dunces.

Back