NCAA Basketball

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Tourney time in a bout a month or so. Though I hate tourney time because it delays newscasts for an hour at least four nights during it on my shift, might be a good year for the local basketball team. Indiana State University beat #13 Creighton tonight by 19 points.

#5 Kansas just lost to TCU. T. C. goddamn. U. It's funny, I didn't think Kansas would provide such a fitting tribute to their jackhole football team by not bothering to show up. Two weeks ago this team was getting accolades for "winning ugly" in the conference, now they can't even beat a 9-12 team? Where the hell is the team that beat Ohio State in Columbus? Where's the group that pounded Belmont and Colorado? Is it football season yet?

This is the fourth ranked team ISU has beat this year. This was the highest ranked team they have ever beat since 1985.

The Big 10 is mega-tough this year, and my Hoosiers are looking GOOD! I'm looking forward to the big dance, like always. Love March Madness!

Attention Michigan: learn2freethrow

Pressure must get to these kids. I watch all the time when teams have to make FT's 75-80% guys clanking em off one after another.

I don't really have a dog in this fight (pardon the pun) but since I grew up 15 minutes from Amherst about the only thing I can add to this thread is LET'S GO UMASS clap clap clap clap clap LET'S GO UMASS!

Probably need to win the A10 tourney to get in the dance and the cards are stacked against them but a winnable game tonight to begin with against GW. Here's hoping for a miracle.

View attachment 92355

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wA1DLzfse2M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OSU, what happened at the end of the game... I was out doing errands listening to ESPN Radio. The guy hosting the show talked about OSU having a 13 point lead and then Iowa State ran off 13 in a row. He talked about the 3 that you show in your post. As I was pulling into my driveway, he teased that after the commercial he would talk about 3 ways the refs screwed ISU in the last 90 seconds. I come in, flip on the TV and Sir Charles is bitching about the refs and the rest of panel is basically agreeing.

Can you fill me in (cuz obviously you were watching).... ?

OSU, what happened at the end of the game... I was out doing errands listening to ESPN Radio. The guy hosting the show talked about OSU having a 13 point lead and then Iowa State ran off 13 in a row. He talked about the 3 that you show in your post. As I was pulling into my driveway, he teased that after the commercial he would talk about 3 ways the refs screwed ISU in the last 90 seconds. I come in, flip on the TV and Sir Charles is bitching about the refs and the rest of panel is basically agreeing.

Can you fill me in (cuz obviously you were watching).... ?

Will Clyburn (ISU) was called for a charge & it should have been called a block on Craft.

ISU pretty much could have iced the game right there.

I thought the Bucks were done. I even went outside to bring in some more firewood. It's cold & snowing today in Northeast Ohio.

Okay, thanks.

I'm watching the replays about whether the OSU kid's foot was on the line or hovering above. They interviewed some NCAA guy who seems to indicate a bad call was made without formally saying it.

I would agree that's a lot to ask from an official in the heat of the action. So many calls can go either way it's hard to get on the refs for every single play.

I have OSU in my final four, so I'm okay with them moving on... just so long as they lose to my ultimate champion, Louisville...

thechickening_medium.gif

I think the issue that people are freaking about on the OSU call was they are saying for a ref to make that call in that instance, it has to be 100 percent no question about it call, or you do not make it. They are also saying that if it was anyone else but Craft is that call made. Thats not from me, just what I have heard. It seems they tend to more favor the blocking foul in the pro's and the charge in college from what I see.

I think the issue that people are freaking about on the OSU call was they are saying for a ref to make that call in that instance, it has to be 100 percent no question about it call, or you do not make it. They are also saying that if it was anyone else but Craft is that call made. Thats not from me, just what I have heard. It seems they tend to more favor the blocking foul in the pro's and the charge in college from what I see.

It was probably a bad call. I don't care. It worked out for me.

Bottom line. If ISU, makes their free throws, they win. Pretty simple & it takes the refs out of it.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p8mdq6fzzYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back