NFL abuse of painkillers and other drugs described in court filings

“Can you have your office fax a copy of your DEA certificate to me? I need it for my records when the NFL ‘pill counters’ come to see if we are doing things right. Don’t worry, I’m pretty good at keeping them off the trail!”

I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

I wonder if this means the NFL will have to enter the NFL's substance abuse program?

The NFL suspends itself the first 4 games of the season and is subject to increased testing protocols.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the allegations contained in the court filing “are meritless and the league and its clubs will continue to vigorously defend these claims.”

“The NFL clubs and their medical staffs are all in compliance with the Controlled Substances Act,” McCarthy said in an email. “. . . The NFL clubs and their medical staffs continue to put the health and safety of our players first, providing all NFL players with the highest quality medical care. Any claim or suggestion to the contrary is simply wrong.”

If the Pats win another one this year, they'lll have to start abusing anti-depressants.

I think it's more probable than not the league is generally aware of this infraction.

#TedWells

I think it's more probable than not that everyone on the planet was specifically aware of this infraction.

The fact that the NFL denies it is extra hilarious.

I'd love to hear the NFL explain their doctors handing out one of the most dangerous drugs available to be prescribed (opiates) like ****ing Skittles while suspending players for smoking pot (overall not very harmful).

I'd love to hear the NFL explain their doctors handing out one of the most dangerous drugs available to be prescribed (opiates) like ****ing Skittles while suspending players for smoking pot (overall not very harmful).

Jeff Sessions does not approve of your unlawful stance... :coffee:

Back