NFL conducting ?comprehensive? Peyton Manning investigation

HSanders

disgusted and pissed
Reaction score
NFL conducting “comprehensive” Peyton Manning investigation

Anyone trust them?? Anyone??? Bueller??????

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...g-comprehensive-peyton-manning-investigation/

NFL conducting “comprehensive” Peyton Manning investigation
Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2016, 7:46 PM EST
Zz0zM2ZhMDVjMWY2MTU0MTg3ZmFmZDM4YjFiYzdhNzI1Yw==-1
AP
In the midst of criticism from those who think that the NFL has applied different standards to Patriots quarterback Tom Brady regarding #DeflateGate and Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning regarding allegations of HGH use, the NFL has disclosed that it is conducting a comprehensive investigation of Manning.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy tells the Associated Press that the league launched an investigation “weeks ago,” and that it entails the review of records, interviews, and coordination with other agencies.

It seems to be a direct reaction to the report from ESPN that the NFL declined an invitation to collaborate with Major League Baseball and the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, since that created the perception (accurate or not) that the league is brushing the entire Manning situation under the rug.

The overriding challenge from the NFL comes from its lack of power to obtain information from anyone other than Manning or any other NFL player, team, or employee. With no subpoena power, there’s one way to get the information that goes directly to the heart of the allegation that Manning’s wife received HGH for use by Peyton: To obtain from Manning and his wife legal authorization to obtain from the Guyer Institute any and all documents or other evidence regarding the treatments they received.

Without that, the league will have to wait for a prosecution of the Guyer Institute or civil litigation arising from the situation to ever get to the truth.

Regardless of whether the NFL gets to the truth, many are noticing the obvious differences between last year’s public #DeflateGate investigation and the secrecy that ordinarily applies when the league investigates potential player wrongdoing — and most can’t appreciate the nuance.

Do I trust the NFL to do a proper investigation into Peyton*? Do I ****

The truth will eventually come to light. It always does. It won't be the NFL that uncovers it but the feds most likely with the help of MLB.

You wouldn't know there was an investigation going on based on the NFL.com front page.

Manning is featured but only in relation to the SB.

That story doesn't lead though. The lead stories are about Brady getting beaten up by Denver and a list of the Pats most painful losses...

You wouldn't know there was an investigation going on based on the NFL.com front page.

Manning is featured but only in relation to the SB.

That story doesn't lead though. The lead stories are about Brady getting beaten up by Denver and a list of the Pats most painful losses...

The hate is deep. We know that. I do relish in the fact though that the media was spoiled the chance to talk about DG for two weeks leading up the Bowl like last year.

I do trust the investigation and am sure when done the Pats will lose multiple draft picks and money, aaaaaannnnnnd Kraft will accept the punishment

This will be a Ted Wells Production, An NFL Film about nothing - Kind of like Seinfeld, a comedy of errors.

But MLB will not rest easy, they will go hard after the players and that may expose some dirty NFL players (Hello Green Bay) beside Manning.

BUT, and we all love a BIG BUTT - don't lie,

The timing of this is impeccable. Manning can NOW claim he can not answer any questions on the topic because it is under investigation by the league, giving him an out to any tough questioning by the Tabloids not under the NFL control.

whew, that's a relief....

I don't really care if Manning used HGH. I just love irony.
don't do the crime if you can't do the time...I don't care either to be honest but once Roger compared Tom's alleged misconduct in ball PSI to Performance enhancing drugs HE opened the door to have to do this.

btw, I think Manning is done after this and the main reason is he knows dirt is going to be dug up.

don't do the crime if you can't do the time...I don't care either to be honest but once Roger compared Tom's alleged misconduct in ball PSI to Performance enhancing drugs HE opened the door to have to do this.

btw, I think Manning is done after this and the main reason is he knows dirt is going to be dug up.

Let's be honest here, the main reason is I have a better arm at the moment.

Let's be honest here, the main reason is I have a better arm at the moment.
Houston may be calling you.

true he is done but He is in the SB, his Ego is huge and you have to think he may be wondering if he can make another 16 mill from someone, one last time - hard to walk away from the game but harder to walk away from that much money - even if you have way too much already.

Funny that he wasn't "done" prior to the Al Jazeera expose since he was talking like he wanted to come back next year even if it wasn't with the Broncos. As soon as I read that he told BB this was probably his last rodeo, the reason was obvious to me. Call me a skeptic but that's what I thought. He knows this will eventually come out but if retired maybe not. Maybe he hopes the info never sees the light of day. One thing's for sure, if he does retire the NFL won't leak any bad news on Manning.

Funny that he wasn't "done" prior to the Al Jazeera expose since he was talking like he wanted to come back next year even if it wasn't with the Broncos. As soon as I read that he told BB this was probably his last rodeo, the reason was obvious to me. Call me a skeptic but that's what I thought. He knows this will eventually come out but if retired maybe not. Maybe he hopes the info never sees the light of day. One thing's for sure, if he does retire the NFL won't leak any bad news on Manning.

All of that absolutely. My only question is if the feds get involved with the MLB and they raid Guyer's offices will the NFL be able to control the media? Wouldn't it be far better for the NFL to work with to control the story later?

~Dee~

For people who get real salty about fans jumping to conclusions from insufficient data you sure have been quick to crucify Manning. I would think you would try to live up to the expectations you have for others and wait until some actual evidence turns up before you summarily call him guilty.

Back