NFL conducting ?comprehensive? Peyton Manning investigation

I think the most plausible explanation for all of deflategate - and I don't know why this isn't discussed more openly - is that Jastremski and McNally wanted to make sure the balls were to Brady's liking and were trying to offset the officials negligently pumping them up past where Brady liked them. They have no reason to tell Brady they were doing this. I think this is very reasonable. People grossly exaggerated Brady's involvement with both Jastremski and especially McNally.

I think this is a very realistic explanation. I do think its very reasonable Jastremski acted on his own accord to avoid further outbursts from the GOAT. I find it far more compelling an explanation than Tom Brady being OK with an unskilled part-time employee rushing into the bathroom every game to stick needles into his footballs, taking out an indeterminate amount of air, without any way of Brady to approve of what he's doing to them.
I could see that as a possibility.

Dismissing someone's comments because you are suggesting they are a tinfoil hat, or suggesting their comments are so ridiculous that they are demeaning to the person making them are both insulting, and attempts to belittle the argument by belittling the person. In neither case did you make a rebuttal of either argument, and instead dismissed the argument based purely on the person making the argument. That is the definition of ad hominem.
I'm not dismissing the argument based on the person making it. I'm dismissing the argument because it's baseless, unsupported nonsense, and then dismissing the person because the argument is so bad. That is not an ad hominem.

He's useless as far as the investigation is concerned. But we're private citizens on a message board, free to speculate as to which of the statements contain truth. As I'm sure the investigators themselves are. I'm actually pretty certain this investigation will go nowhere. Peyton and his team got to look at all the records and then came out guns blazing. They must feel pretty confident. I also think the NFL has very little recourse to conduct a serious investigation, nor do they care to.

But it's routine for someone to recant statements about their own illegal activity, which is why I am not willing to take the recantation as seriously as you.
I'm with you on the free to speculate part, but most people here aren't speculating. They are stating it as a fact and foregone conclusion that he's guilty and that's different.

It's also routine for someone to recant statements they made privately when they thought they could get away with lying and then have them revealed publicly. Either way, Sly is a liar and nothing he says in either direction should be trusted.

The NFL absolutely railroaded Brady because he was on the Patriots. The NFL absolutely went into the investigation hoping to find evidence against the Patriots. And the NFL absolutely treated the issue of ball deflation with far more seriousness because it involved the Patriots. If you really want to dig up deflategate, spygate, and all the cast of characters involved in starting the deflation investigation, just say the word. I think you've made a lot of statements with merit here, but this is not one.
And what exactly does the NFL gain by starting a witch hunt intentionally designed to smear the reputation of a successful franchise, with one of their most popular superstars, owned by a friend of the commissioner? I can understand all the charges of incompetence people around here make, but until you can find a coherent motive for an anti-Patriots conspiracy, the idea doesn't hold water.

Deflategate began when a Colts equipment manager insinuated that it was well-known around the league that Brady likes a soft ball. That claim was never substantiated and even the Wells Report concedes they could not find evidence that this rumor was held around the league.

The league dismissed those claims as stuff a jealous rival spouts. Deflategate started when the Colts notified the league officials present at the AFCCG that they possessed a Patriots game ball that was underinflated, which they felt confirmed the suspicions they had already aired.

I think you're probably a contrarian finds pride in being more objective and holding unpopular opinions in the face of a screaming mob on such vaulted intellectual battlefields as a football fan forum. It's pretty common on the internet and I don't really have a problem in it. I like stirring crap on the web, too, because it passes the time. I find the self-importance of pretending we are doing anything other than that a little annoying.
I don't intend to insinuate that any of this is more important than it is. We're talking about stuff happening in and around a game, and we're all nothing more than fans with no actual agency to do anything but talk. I just have a very intense commitment to objectivity, and I'll admit, I do enjoy forcing people to confront their own biases in the things they believe without necessarily having enough logical support. I'm all sorts of fun at religious gatherings.

Jas and McNally were responsible for prepping Brady's footballs to his specifications, meaning they knew what he liked and how to give it to him. They have no personal interest in the condition of the footballs outside of satisfying their quarterback..

Wrong, McNally had nothing to do with prepping Brady's balls. Jas yes, who happened to be McNallys friend. McNally was a locker room attendant on game day, a part time employee. McMally had zero personal interest other then it was his friends job:shrug_n:

~Dee~

Wrong, McNally had nothing to do with prepping Brady's balls. Jas yes, who happened to be McNallys friend. McNally was a locker room attendant on game day, a part time employee. McMally had zero personal interest other then it was his friends job:shrug_n:

~Dee~
Does this little detail correction change the actual important part of the statement?

"They have no personal interest in the condition of the footballs outside of satisfying their quarterback.."

Does this little detail correction change the actual important part of the statement?

"They have no personal interest in the condition of the footballs outside of satisfying their quarterback.."

Yes it does McNally had zero ties to "his " quarterback :shrug_n: He had personal ties to JJ yes but McNally never traveled with the team.

~Dee~

Yes it does McNally had zero ties to "his " quarterback :shrug_n: He had personal ties to JJ yes but McNally never traveled with the team.

~Dee~
So you're going to double down on quibbling? Ok...McNally works for the Patriots, so there's one tie to "his" quarterback. And since I asked if it changes the statement that he has no personal interest in the condition of the footballs and you said yes, please explain how.

And what exactly does the NFL gain by starting a witch hunt intentionally designed to smear the reputation of a successful franchise, with one of their most popular superstars, owned by a friend of the commissioner? I can understand all the charges of incompetence people around here make, but until you can find a coherent motive for an anti-Patriots conspiracy, the idea doesn't hold water.

There's really no way for me to do justice to this. Have you read Florio or Curran at all? This stuff is pretty well-established. This is not tin-foil stuff. Your use of the word conspiracy does it a disservice. Even Peter King, even ESPN of all places, have conceded that the Deflategate investigation snowballed out of hand because it involved the Patriots.

You don't need conspiracy to explain it. You have a bunch of football lifers with pretty low intelligence (it's really, really damning that none of these dumb f**ks knew about PV=nRT) and most pre-disposed to thinking Belichick is a cheater who started this thing, and from Goodell's point of view, once this train got moving, there was no stopping it. Because of the Arlen Specter stuff and the aftermath of Spygate, he had no choice but to investigate the Patriots for this, and realistically, he had to find them guilty. There was no way he was going to satisfy the other 31 with anything else. You have league officials high-fiving saying "we got those motherf**kers" days after the Wells Report. You have all the other owners lining up in support of Brady being rail-roaded. I'm sorry, but I think this angle is rather clear. There is a clear motive: avoid a Spygate redux, where one crazy Senator put the NFL in a bullseye. That is not what Goodell wants at all.

But really, you need to look into K ensil & Gardi. It started with them. K ensil worked for the Jets for almost three decades, and his father was President of the team. He did not get along with Belichick. He told the Patriots equipment manager they were in "big f**king trouble" after they "weighed" the balls. He is the one who leaked the erroneous 11/12 information to Mortensen. Gardi is the one who first spread the 11/12 to Vincent. The fact the NFL waited months to correct that info is the biggest proof of anti-Patriots agenda. I'm not sure how that's debatable. You have Aiello on twitter correcting stuff all the time, sometimes within minutes (sometimes erroneously, see trying to get away with lying about the time allotted to Brady's team at his appeal). It's ridiculous they didn't correct Mort's report.

So I think you have a few things going on:

1) The investigation starting because a bunch of numb skulls in the league office predisposed to thinking the Patriots are cheaters are up to their old tricks.
2) A commissioner with no choice but to try and come down hard on the Pats to avoid scrutiny and another Specter situation, which is one of his biggest nightmares.
3) The railroading of Brady that continues - which is purely about Goodell, power & the cba. See: Steph Stradley for a good analysis o this.

The league dismissed those claims as stuff a jealous rival spouts. Deflategate started when the Colts notified the league officials present at the AFCCG that they possessed a Patriots game ball that was underinflated, which they felt confirmed the suspicions they had already aired.

That's not true. That's the narrative Wells spun, but its undermined by the facts in his own report. The email from Grigson was distributed pretty high up the chain at the NFL, all the way to Blandino. Blandino warned Walt Anderson about it before the game. Blandino failed to mention this in his pre-SB presser last year when he said that it only came to the NFL's attention during the first half. I'm not going to call Blandino a liar, I think he's just - like his colleagues - just not very smart. But hey, he has a lot of fun on Jerry Jones party bus, so let's keep him around.

I don't intend to insinuate that any of this is more important than it is. We're talking about stuff happening in and around a game, and we're all nothing more than fans with no actual agency to do anything but talk. I just have a very intense commitment to objectivity, and I'll admit, I do enjoy forcing people to confront their own biases in the things they believe without necessarily having enough logical support. I'm all sorts of fun at religious gatherings.

I really respect that, and I appreciate that viewpoint. If I mischaracterized you as someone who plays devils advocate for the sport of it (which I'm no stranger to), my bad.

Guys, BS Police is just engaging in classic diversionary tactics. Diverting the story away from Manning and on to Deflategate and Brady.

This is not about Tom Brady, this is about Peyton Manning and allegations that involve his ties to a dubious medical institute and packages from that institute delivered to his home after a report outlined very specific allegations about doping in a number of pro sports linked to an individual who worked at that dubious institute.

This is also a wider story involving a number of athletes in different sports. One of whom was actually seen on the report (Teagarden). Which gives credibility to Sly's claims.

I am relishing every minute of this story no matter how much the league and the media try to bury their heads. The Washington Post doing this type of investigative story is just the tip of the ice berg. Can't wait to see what the MLB unearths and hopefully the feds down the road.

So you're going to double down on quibbling? Ok...McNally works for the Patriots, so there's one tie to "his" quarterback. And since I asked if it changes the statement that he has no personal interest in the condition of the footballs and you said yes, please explain how.

He was the refs locker room attendant his job was to take care of the game officials by making sure they had everything they needed in the locker room on game day. He worked only home games so he was there 8 times throughout the Patriots season. It's no different then being a waitress to the luxury seats, ticket takers, Ushers, security and so on. They're Gillette employees but that doesn't mean they have a "tie" to Brady. They don't work any of the camps, or practices they only work during events at Gillette and Gillette holds lots of events other then Patriots games. Im not sure if he if fact worked those events but most do:shrug_n: You're right JJ is a Patriot's employee he did have a personal interest in the game balls his job title was at the time assistant equipment manager. They both are still employed, don't know in what capacity :shrug_n:

~Dee~

There's really no way for me to do justice to this. Have you read Florio or Curran at all? This stuff is pretty well-established. This is not tin-foil stuff. Your use of the word conspiracy does it a disservice. Even Peter King, even ESPN of all places, have conceded that the Deflategate investigation snowballed out of hand because it involved the Patriots.

You don't need conspiracy to explain it. You have a bunch of football lifers with pretty low intelligence (it's really, really damning that none of these dumb f**ks knew about PV=nRT) and most pre-disposed to thinking Belichick is a cheater who started this thing, and from Goodell's point of view, once this train got moving, there was no stopping it. Because of the Arlen Specter stuff and the aftermath of Spygate, he had no choice but to investigate the Patriots for this, and realistically, he had to find them guilty. There was no way he was going to satisfy the other 31 with anything else. You have league officials high-fiving saying "we got those motherf**kers" days after the Wells Report. You have all the other owners lining up in support of Brady being rail-roaded. I'm sorry, but I think this angle is rather clear. There is a clear motive: avoid a Spygate redux, where one crazy Senator put the NFL in a bullseye. That is not what Goodell wants at all.

But really, you need to look into K ensil & Gardi. It started with them. K ensil worked for the Jets for almost three decades, and his father was President of the team. He did not get along with Belichick. He told the Patriots equipment manager they were in "big f**king trouble" after they "weighed" the balls. He is the one who leaked the erroneous 11/12 information to Mortensen. Gardi is the one who first spread the 11/12 to Vincent. The fact the NFL waited months to correct that info is the biggest proof of anti-Patriots agenda. I'm not sure how that's debatable. You have Aiello on twitter correcting stuff all the time, sometimes within minutes (sometimes erroneously, see trying to get away with lying about the time allotted to Brady's team at his appeal). It's ridiculous they didn't correct Mort's report.

So I think you have a few things going on:

1) The investigation starting because a bunch of numb skulls in the league office predisposed to thinking the Patriots are cheaters are up to their old tricks.
2) A commissioner with no choice but to try and come down hard on the Pats to avoid scrutiny and another Specter situation, which is one of his biggest nightmares.
3) The railroading of Brady that continues - which is purely about Goodell, power & the cba. See: Steph Stradley for a good analysis o this.

That's not true. That's the narrative Wells spun, but its undermined by the facts in his own report. The email from Grigson was distributed pretty high up the chain at the NFL, all the way to Blandino. Blandino warned Walt Anderson about it before the game. Blandino failed to mention this in his pre-SB presser last year when he said that it only came to the NFL's attention during the first half. I'm not going to call Blandino a liar, I think he's just - like his colleagues - just not very smart. But hey, he has a lot of fun on Jerry Jones party bus, so let's keep him around.

I really respect that, and I appreciate that viewpoint. If I mischaracterized you as someone who plays devils advocate for the sport of it (which I'm no stranger to), my bad.

The escalation of charges by Goodell concerning Brady in DG shows flagrant prejudice.

Was watching a low grade movie and there was an advertisement for HGH for women.

Feel younger. Lose weight. Reduce wrinkles...
An Internet search reveals more hits..

Someone could say "she was feeling lethargic and this was an approach our doctor recommended ".

So why not say something like that if true or not?

if you are like me and have a strong suspicion that ashley did not give birth to those kids, it puts them in a bad place. admit ashley did hgh while preggers or admit she did the hgh and wasn't ever pregnant.

The babies were born in March St Paddys day I remember reading in 2011. So she wasn't pregnant when the drugs were delivered. I'm not sure if she nursed :shrug_n:

Correction the Babies were born March 31 the Mannings anniversary is march 17 my bad. Still the HGH shipments were in the fall of 2011.

~Dee~

The evidence that Brady wanted the balls below 12.5 PSI was circumstantial, but present.

"The evidence that Brady wanted the balls below 12.5 PSI was circumstantial, but present."

What was that evidence?

I'm with Beagle, I want to know just what evidence there was that TFB+ wanted the balls inflated to less than 12.5 psi.

I'm with Beagle, I want to know just what evidence there was that TFB+ wanted the balls inflated to less than 12.5 psi.

Common misconception used by the haters. After the 16 PSI NYJ game Brady was pissed and told JJ to show the refs the rule book and to set the balls' PSI to 12.5. There was never a text that showed Brady wanted the ball below the legal limit.

Al-J is going to be proven right on their allegations. What is the status of the baseball players that were suing for defamation - the Ryans? Just hot air?

Also, where is Peyton's* lawsuit now that the season has ended? Crickets once again.

Back