NFL warns Seahawks

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18684918/nfl-warns-seattle-seahawks-injury-report

NFL warns Seahawks for not listing Richard Sherman on injury report

The Seattle Seahawks have received a warning for not listing Richard Sherman's knee injury on the injury report in the second half of last season, league sources told ESPN.

The league had considered docking the Seahawks a second-round pick for failing to disclose the injury, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen last month.

The violation was determined to be the result of a misinterpretation of the policy's reporting requirements, a source told ESPN's Adam Caplan.

Sherman never missed a game last season. The Pro Bowl cornerback was listed on the injury report in 11 of the team's final 12 games (including the playoffs), but the knee injury was never listed. In 10 of those weeks, he missed practice time, but the Seahawks listed the reason as "non-injury related." In Week 12, Sherman was listed with an ankle injury.

The NFL's rule says, "If any player has a significant or noteworthy injury, it must be listed on the practice report, even if he fully participates in practice and the team expects that he will play in the team's next game."

In the event of any future violation, this current violation will be taken into account in determining discipline, the source told Caplan.

NFL Network first reported the news of the NFL's warning.

After the season, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said in a 710 ESPN Seattle interview that Sherman "dealt with a significant knee [injury] the whole second half of the season."

WTF....is this a fvcking joke? Repeat offenders and they get a warning...they played the "misinterpretation" card and get away with it...funny it didn't work for BB and spygate. What happened to INTEGRITY Roger?

So I expect now the Steelers will get away with it too.

How do you go from second round pick to warning?

Side note: I really can't express how much it warms my heart to see Patriot fans taking other teams to task for manipulating injury reports.

Side note: I really can't express how much it warms my heart to see Patriot fans taking other teams to task for manipulating injury reports.
Not the Pats, that's how :coffee:

Seriously. There's no way they misinterpreted the rules and listed a clearly injured player as noninjury related. Even if that was true, they still deserve to be punished because incompetence is not an excuse for breaking rules.

Yet another team given a warning for clearly breaking rules. When have the Pats ever been given a warning?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

How do you go from second round pick to warning?Side note: I really can't express how much it warms my heart to see Patriot fans taking other teams to task for manipulating injury reports.

Its that wide latitude of the CBA built into article 46. It allows Roger to be GOD
when he wants to be. I'm surprised Pete Carroll's punishment wasn't 4 hail Mary's and 3 our fathers.

Its that wide latitude of the CBA built into article 46. It allows Roger to be GOD
when he wants to be. I'm surprised Pete Carroll's punishment wasn't 4 hail Mary's and 3 our fathers.

How much you wanna bet that becomes a point of contention next time the CBA is up?

Not the Pats, that's how :coffee:

Seriously. There's no way they misinterpreted the rules and listed a clearly injured player as noninjury related. Even if that was true, they still deserve to be punished because incompetence is not an excuse for breaking rules.

Yet another team given a warning for clearly breaking rules. When have the Pats ever been given a warning?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure the NFL has established that "I didn't know I couldn't do that" isn't a valid defense.

I'm just baffled they'd go from taking a second round pick (a harsh punishment) to "free to go!"

How much you wanna bet that becomes a point of contention next time the CBA is up?

As it should. There is no consistency is Goodells punishments and as long as there isn't he looks like he plays favorites and when ever it suits him "integrity"
isn't the big deal he made it out to be.

We should really wait and see with the seahags warning. If the public raises hell about it Roger could reverse this warning and suspend Carroll indefinitely. I believe in article 46 its known as the Ray Rice clause.

The NFL Front Office is sending a clear message to the Patriots. :coffee:

We should really wait and see with the seahags warning. If the public raises hell about it Roger could reverse this warning and suspend Carroll indefinitely. I believe in article 46 its known as the Ray Rice clause.

It ain't the Pats so nobody will care. I hope to god that the owners and the PA make some changes in the CBA to his doling out punishment as he sees fit.

The NFL Front Office is sending a clear message to the Patriots. :coffee:

Perhaps the league needs to rethink the way they try to force parity. Instead of ridiculous penalties designed to set back good teams (Pats, Saints...), because that is obviously not working, maybe they should award bonus picks to shitty teams.

#INTEGRITY

Had a feeling that this was coming, slap on the wrist and told not to do it again, simply because they're not the Patriots

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not taking the Seahawks to task for manipulating injury reports. I'm taking the league to task for not punishing them when you know if it was us Brady would be suspended for 200 games, Belichick for 300, We'd lose first round picks through 2078 and the Jets would be allowed to pee in our gatorade in perpetuity.

When you're a fan of an embarrassment of a franchise such as yourself I guess you gotta take your solace where you can get it.

We get it from different venues.

Like anticipation of the next championship banner and ring.

you could be on to something with this...

As it should. There is no consistency is Goodells punishments and as long as there isn't he looks like he plays favorites and when ever it suits him "integrity"
isn't the big deal he made it out to be.

I really couldn't name a single person who think it makes sense for him to have that much power. Even the most die-hard of Patriots haters.

Maybe the owners? I'd be shocked if there wasn't some kind of alteration to the power structure in discipline the next time the subject comes up.

Back