Nick Caserio wants out of New England

Gonna need to take it with a teaspoon of sugar I think.

There’s no doubt in the disgust for Ben Volin.

I only hope it’s a false feed to make him look a bigger ass.

Ben Volin.

So this just has to be true.

Aaahhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I’m not at all familiar with Volin. I’m guessing his m.o. is to stir up shit.:shrug_n:

Yup. Similar to Florio.

Not at all like Florio. Florio may enjoy throwing out the rumors, but he's correct far more often than he's not and he makes it clear when he's giving his own opinion.

Volin is a hack. He's from Miami and covered the Fins before coming to Boston. He has a clear dislike for the Pats and his coverage is rarely positive. It's not at all clear that he has any real sources and there's a better chance that he's just rehashing things he reads on the internet.

Not at all like Florio. Florio may enjoy throwing out the rumors, but he's correct far more often than he's not and he makes it clear when he's giving his own opinion.

Volin is a hack. He's from Miami and covered the Fins before coming to Boston. He has a clear dislike for the Pats and his coverage is rarely positive. It's not at all clear that he has any real sources and there's a better chance that he's just rehashing things he reads on the internet.

He has one source.

www.google.com

As a general matter, I agree with your point.

I don't follow these guys at all. I only occasionally find myself reading something they wrote through some link. I am likely to continue reading a Florio story and would click away from a volin story.

Florio isn't awful.

Volin isn't worth the time.

In general, there are usually one or two guys associated with Boston newspapers at any given time that aren't afflicted with a bad case of Felgeritis.

Sometimes a guy that you think is legit will suddenly go off the deep end like he got a memo from the top brass that it's time to up his hit count or and that guy will start with the well-worn routine that we all know so well.

Belichick is heartless, there is dissension in the ranks, the dynasty is over, blah, blah, blah. It is entirely predictable and always, always wrong. Almost hilarious.

I just stop reading those guys entirely and never worry about them again. If Ben Volin wrote that it was a beautiful, sunny day outside I'd walk to the nearest window to see for myself. He's got a toxic approach to the best team in the history of football and thinks he's a brave rebel. Not so much.

I don't want a homer, just give me the facts and remind me of the historical context to any moves the Pats are making or might make. If you're good enough to analyze or anticipate any new wrinkes in their scheme I'm interested. All the TMZ stuff, no thanks. This team will make you look stupid and it won't take long.

Most good, smart writers for the papers leave after a couple of years on the beat. There is a reason for that.

Right now I like Evan Lazar quite a bit, because he is savvy on the X's and O's and isn't ashamed to admire this organization. His website CLNS is awful, but his content is excellent for the most part.

The day the Boston Globe goes out of business I'm going to celebrate.

In general, there are usually one or two guys associated with Boston newspapers at any given time that aren't afflicted with a bad case of Felgeritis.

Sometimes a guy that you think is legit will suddenly go off the deep end like he got a memo from the top brass that it's time to up his hit count or and that guy will start with the well-worn routine that we all know so well.

Belichick is heartless, there is dissension in the ranks, the dynasty is over, blah, blah, blah. It is entirely predictable and always, always wrong. Almost hilarious.

I just stop reading those guys entirely and never worry about them again. If Ben Volin wrote that it was a beautiful, sunny day outside I'd walk to the nearest window to see for myself. He's got a toxic approach to the best team in the history of football and thinks he's a brave rebel. Not so much.

I don't want a homer, just give me the facts and remind me of the historical context to any moves the Pats are making or might make. If you're good enough to analyze or anticipate any new wrinkes in their scheme I'm interested. All the TMZ stuff, no thanks. This team will make you look stupid and it won't take long.

Most good, smart writers for the papers leave after a couple of years on the beat. There is a reason for that.

Right now I like Evan Lazar quite a bit, because he is savvy on the X's and O's and isn't ashamed to admire this organization. His website CLNS is awful, but his content is excellent for the most part.

The day the Boston Globe goes out of business I'm going to celebrate.

:archive::archive:

mockup-ef437386_1024x1024@2x.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :coffee::coffee:

Hack article from a hack writer in Ben Volin. He takes his baseless opinion and spins it like it's fact. There's a reason why General Sherman said that if "all reporters were dead today, we'd have reports from hell by morning".

I like the NESN folks, they tend to accurately convey what they see and hear and provide solid boots on the ground coverage without engaging in excessive speculation or rumor mongering.

As an aside to the story, I tried to comment to one of the stories on this subject by Florio over on NBCSports and it didn't clear. I expect it was the reference to "fake news" that doomed it.

Back