N'Keal Harry traded to the Bears

Hindsight and all but still fun or depressing to look at, WRs picked after Harry in the same draft:

Deebo Samuel
A.J. Brown
D.K. Metcalf
Diontae Johnson
Terry McLaurin

To be fair they would most likely be on a second team because BB would not pay diva money to extend them.

Not that it excuses the terrible decision to draft Harry.

We can second guess picking Harry at #32, and we have since he started playing games for the Patriots. The fact is at the time of the draft, he was rated a low 1st, high 2nd round pick by just about every predraft ranking site.

General sentiment among Bears fans is it was a cheap get that shouldn't hurt, and might help.

Just think what Deebo would look like on this team. (But when he made the "Bill come get me quote, That ended any chance he'd be drafted here)
I recall that Tweet beginning, "Yo Billie my man..." and I took him off my list right them

General sentiment among Bears fans is it was a cheap get that shouldn't hurt, and might help.
Makes sense. No one really cares about spending a 7th. Low expectations. I wonder if the Bears try to use him differently.

And that's the proper sentiment. Pats have taken fliers on 1st round picks that didn't pan out (Cordoralle Patterson may have been the most recent, closest exampled to this) with a mix of results. Either way, cost of acquisition is low, upside is modest-to-high.

Wish it could have been here, but hope the kid finds a way to become a serviceable NFL player.

And that's the proper sentiment. Pats have taken fliers on 1st round picks that didn't pan out (Cordoralle Patterson may have been the most recent, closest exampled to this) with a mix of results. Either way, cost of acquisition is low, upside is modest-to-high.

Wish it could have been here, but hope the kid finds a way to become a serviceable NFL player.
Plenty of seventh round picks have had good careers. With Bill, if he makes the team it's a win, It means Bill sees him as more useful than everyone who doesn't make the team

Last edited:
Back