N'Keal Harry traded to the Bears

It does say something that McDaniels didn't offer something for him
(Or maybe he did and we don't know about it)

My major concern with him is that he often seemed not to give a shit. I can be pissed off and disappointed with a high draft choice who doesn't pan out, but if I sense good effort and a desire to contribute I can live with that disappointment. Every team f###s up a first rounder. It happens. But, Harry just seemed to not be willing to put in the effort. Screw him.

I don't know about the effort bit, at least as far as last year is concerned.

He was utilized primarily as a blocker, and despite patriots44 sarcasm, he actually was pretty good at that.

IMHO, if you're willing to come down the line and do crack blocks like he did, than you "give a shit"

Now, I have no idea how bad his injuries in previous seasons actually were, an no one outside of One Patriot's Place does either, so maybe, he wasn't willing to play hurt and if so, that's a legitimate critique against him with regards to effort.

He was utilized primarily as a blocker, and despite patriots44 sarcasm, he actually was pretty good at that.

IMHO, if you're willing to come down the line and do crack blocks like he did, than you "give a shit"

Now, I have no idea how bad his injuries in previous seasons actually were, an no one outside of One Patriot's Place does either, so maybe, he wasn't willing to play hurt and if so, that's a legitimate critique against him with regards to effort.
I agree he was a good blocker and appreciated it, but if that is the best thing you can say about a WR then something is amiss

I agree he was a good blocker and appreciated it, but if that is the best thing you can say about a WR then something is amiss

Oh, I agree completely. A WR has to do more than block, especially one drafted in the first round. I have no issues with them moving on from him. Hell, I wouldn't even if they hadn't added to the WR room in the offseason.

I simply brought his blocking up as evidence whether he was making any effort or not. You can't be any good at blocking without making some sort of effort.

A good WR forces a defensive coordinator to decide if he should be doubled (and how).

N'keal was more like "do we even bother with covering this dude?"

And the way he was deployed last year it was almost as good as tell as the one BB said about an opponent's OL who telegraphed run vs pass based on his hand placement (IIRC), only not to have him play against them that week.

So the DC didn't have to try and decide to cover him or not, but sell out to defend the run.

And the way he was deployed last year it was almost as good as tell as the one BB said about an opponent's OL who telegraphed run vs pass based on his hand placement (IIRC), only not to have him play against them that week.

So the DC didn't have to try and decide to cover him or not, but sell out to defend the run.

I was wondering how our dog Seamus knew with such a high degree of accuracy what the Patriots were going to run over the last couple of seasons.

I might be the least worried patriots fan about Josh leaving and letting Bill Belichick use a magic eight ball to call plays.

For serious. We are going to find out that Josh was less than many thought calling plays. IMLTHO, of course.

I was wondering how our dog Seamus knew with such a high degree of accuracy what the Patriots were going to run over the last couple of seasons.

I might be the least worried patriots fan about Josh leaving and letting Bill Belichick use a magic eight ball to call plays.

For serious. We are going to find out that Josh was less than many thought calling plays. IMLTHO, of course.

Well, take this with a BIG grain of salt, but I saw an article where RGIII said that the "uncertainty" about who is the OC might help the Pats early in the season, since opponents won't know who's calling the plays, or what their tendencies are.

Now, I have no idea how bad his injuries in previous seasons actually were, an no one outside of One Patriot's Place does either, so maybe, he wasn't willing to play hurt and if so, that's a legitimate critique against him with regards to effsucked. When viewed in the perspective of him being a first round pick,

Now, I have no idea how bad his injuries in previous seasons actually were, an no one outside of One Patriot's Place does either, so maybe, he wasn't willing to play hurt and if so, that's a legitimate critique against him with regards to effort
You're correct. He blocked well consistently. My comments about his effort were in regard to his poor route-running, his reluctance/failure to fight for the ball in traffic and his drops. Those parts of his performance were haphazard and consistently poor. I should have been more specific, but I stand by.my assertion that his effort and performance largely sucked

You're correct. He blocked well consistently. My comments about his effort were in regard to his poor route-running, his reluctance/failure to fight for the ball in traffic and his drops. Those parts of his performance were haphazard and consistently poor. I should have been more specific, but I stand by.my assertion that his effort and performance largely sucked

I’ll have to find the link, but I saw an article which his failure to achieve separation and his close fighting for the ball with the defender was typical of his college career.

He could get away with that in college, because he was a better athlete than most of his defenders. Not the case in the NFL.

He wasn’t the first, nor will he be the last, to have that rude awakening.

That’s always the crap shoot with the draft. Gauging whose college performance was more to do with the competition, and whose will translate to the next level.

To be fair they would most likely be on a second team because BB would not pay diva money to extend them.
100%, but still would have been nice those first few years and would have likely got a compensatory pick after getting signed elsewhere(yippee!). And who knows 2019/2020 might have looked a lot different, easily could have meant one more win and the 2nd best record in the AFC, they beat the Titans then home against the Chiefs. Even Brady might still be here if the Pats won a SB that year, probably not though.

Last edited:
Just think what Deebo would look like on this team. (But when he made the "Bill come get me quote, That ended any chance he'd be drafted here)
I would go as far as to say that if we took anyone of the other WRs Brady would likely have stayed.

Oh, I agree completely. A WR has to do more than block, especially one drafted in the first round. I have no issues with them moving on from him. Hell, I wouldn't even if they hadn't added to the WR room in the offseason.

I simply brought his blocking up as evidence whether he was making any effort or not. You can't be any good at blocking without making some sort of effort.
I really hoped he'd be Hines Ward for us. I always wanted that guy wearing a flying Elvis. Bill would have made him a block he built around, and he would have been all about The Patriots Way once he bought in.

I would really be disappointed to see Harry blossom in Chicago. He was given every opportunity to blossom here IMO. I hope he continues his lackluster performances and retires after this season a rich man.

Back