No Charges Will Be Filed Against Deshaun Watson

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
He'll be free to be traded even though he does have some civil lawsuits to clean up.
Plenty of teams need a QB now. Not all have enough draft capital and cap space.

Any team would be getting Watson and his two-year deal worth $72 million. Then they would have two club options at $32 million apiece. That would be a very team-friendly deal in a QB market that is looking likely to hit $50 million per year at the top end in the next couple of seasons.

Watson also has a no trade clause.

Gonna be an interesting few weeks.

Last edited:
Texans are going to want a deal similar to Wilson. O’Brien F*cked that team as GM. Miami & Panthers are both rumored to be all in .

Last edited:
Texans are going to what a deal similar to Wilson. O’Brien F*cked that team as GM. Miami & Panthers are both rumored to be all in .

Them plus the Eagles, Panthers, Seattle?, AZ?. I'm sure there are more. Colts? No, not in their own division.

Stephen Ross owner of the dolphins supposedly wanted watson bad.
Would be funny If the dolphins swing a deal for watson and NFL forces Ross to sell the team
due to the brian flores acquisations.

Last edited:
Stephen Ross owner of the dolphins supposedly wanted watson bad.
Would be funny If the dolphins swing a deal for watson and NFL forces Ross to sell the team
do to the brian flores acquisations.
The new Fin's coach has stated "Tua's my guy"... so if they indeed jump on Watson that would also be pretty funny.
I thought Fins were one of a few teams that have publicly claimed they were not interested in Watson (not that I believed them, and if Watson puts all this to bed they will be all over it)

I think the no trade clause and no charges to be filed is huge. He can now play, and by refusing any trade can probably force his way out and get a new deal worth a lot more than he will lose settling civil suits out of court. Just my 2¢

The new Fin's coach has stated "Tua's my guy"... so if they indeed jump on Watson that would also be pretty funny.
I thought Fins were one of a few teams that have publicly claimed they were not interested in Watson (not that I believed them, and if Watson puts all this to bed they will be all over it)

New coach looks very much like a yes-man, so I'm sure he'll be relieved if they get Watson.

I wonder how much if any this whole ordeal will reduce the demand for him. The civil cases haven't been resolved yet, and who knows what else comes to light, or if there's another case with more evidence hanging out there somewhere. He's a hell of a QB, but I'm not sure that I'd want him as the face of my franchise.

I wonder how much if any this whole ordeal will reduce the demand for him. The civil cases haven't been resolved yet, and who knows what else comes to light, or if there's another case with more evidence hanging out there somewhere. He's a hell of a QB, but I'm not sure that I'd want him as the face of my franchise.

I remember reading about 5-6 months back that all his accusers but 1 had agreed to a proposed settlement. Maybe it was true, maybe it wasn't true. Either way, no indictment makes his road ahead a little smoother.

The NFL doesn’t care one bit. Not much moral fiber in that ownership group. He can play & win. All that matters.

couldn't he just refuse a trade and leave Houston on the hook for his contract whether he plays or not?

He'd have to attend practice and do everything they wanted. He couldn't just quit on them bc he has a contract that says he will play if able.
If he does all that and they elect not to play him then they'd have to pay him. Just like last year.
It's moot since he probably wants to get as far from Houston as he can. He wants to redeem himself.

He'd have to attend practice and do everything they wanted. He couldn't just quit on them bc he has a contract that says he will play if able.
If he does all that and they elect not to play him then they'd have to pay him. Just like last year.
It's moot since he probably wants to get as far from Houston as he can. He wants to redeem himself.
I am just saying if he thinks that Houston fucked him over,he can play hardball too.

Back