Nostalgic Music Thread

Song: Stranded
Artist: Van Morrison

This is the first track from the Magic Time album, which came out in 2005.

Some people might say that 16 years does not represent enough passing of time for a song to count as nostalgic.

But I say screw that - Van's music is timeless. It sounds great whenever it's played, and evokes a sense of wonder.

Song: A Sense Of Wonder
Artist: Van Morrison

Last edited:
Dixie Dregs - now there's a group in the past I have tried hard to like Pneumonic - but I couldn't get it to happen.

They were jazzy rock, from the south, and on the Capricorn label with the Allman's and Marshall Tucker. Whats not to like I thought...!

But alas, they never connected with my tastes - which is unfortunate, as many have - and do - like them.

Dixie Dregs - now there's a group in the past I have tried hard to like Pneumonic - but I couldn't get it to happen.

They were jazzy rock, from the south, and on the Capricorn label with the Allman's and Marshall Tucker. Whats not to like I thought...!

But alas, they never connected with my tastes - which is unfortunate, as many have - and do - like them.
Ah, this is one of the more interesting things about music I have found, RN; how different listeners tastes can be when it comes to the enjoyment of it. This reality was a very large reason why, back in my audio retail days, my staff and I encouraged patrons who were looking for audio equipment to bring in their own music to demo with. This despite the fact that we had a very large collection of diverse music with which to offer. Not everyone "connected" musically with our choices ..... this was more often the case when it came to classical and jazz genre's more than anything else.

As for the Dregs, they are certainly one of those hit or miss bands.

Now here's a 70's jazz rock group with southern connections that I immediately liked and sensed a connection with - Sea Level.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsCHUTkUwJw.

Nice. I always had these guys as a cross between Steely Dan and the Dixie Dregs with a little Atlanta Rhythm Section tossed-in for good measure. They never really hit it big-time, I think, due to a lack of organizational structure (or perhaps $$$$$$ issues) at Capricorn more than anything. Shame really.

Last edited:
Back