Nostalgic Music Thread

I Don't recall much Everly Brothers on here. And they are nostalgic indeed for most of us old farts. So. Even more BostonTim old fart Nostalgia.

I was always interested in two sided hits. I read an article once way back 56then that explained why no one wanted a two sided hit, for the obvious reason. Horrid waste of income.

My favorite was always the obvious one, Richie Valens' oh Donna and La Bamba.

Any way I loved the B Side of Bird Dog from 1958.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LboNYB_oKTY

Song: Carol Of The Bells
Artist: Gary Hoey

If you enjoy this kind of take on a Christmas classic, Gary has a whole collection of songs called Ho Ho Hoey (as is evident from the screen shot used in the clip).

They aren't all played in the shredding style like the song above - some are quite mellow, such as We Wish You A Merry Christmas and The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting...).

And "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" is a gem (it's the last song in the collection).

Last edited:
Song: Carey
Artist: Joni Mitchell

Lots of little things have challenged my belief in God. Still hanging in there though. His gifting these looks, this voice and this songwriting brilliance, to just one human being just seems to be overdoing it. What I wouldn't give for just a little bit of that. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

Back