Nostalgic Music Thread

Watched a great documentary on Harry Nillson last night.
Never knew that he and the Beatles were so tight. "My Best Friend " was one he wrote about Ringo Starr who was the best man at his third wedding.
Starr was such a great friend, he went to Tiffany's and brought a full tray of wedding rings to the ceremony hoping that Harry and wife could find a pair to fit.
He and Lennon would jam for days and write music. They also got into a boatload of trouble because he brought out the bad side of Lennon.
He wrote the first TV songs for a close friend Micky Dolenz when the Monkees got a shot. He sang a song that didn't catch on until he gave it to
Three Dog Night....."One is the Lonliest Number".

It's worth the two hours.

Every one of the Beatles was asked. "Who is your favorite musical group, other than yourselves?"
Everyone of them said............."Nillson"

George Harrison, Ringo, Dolenz, Mike Weber of America and bunch of other guys sang Nillson's favorite song (about his 1st divorce) at his grave side.
"Fuck You"

I don't know why I didn't think of this before. But apropos given current circumstances, Shuddup AOT.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsVgSqAwSEI

by the way I have had the pleasure of being in a balloon several times. loved it, even though I have a little acrophobia,

these pictures have to be from Albuquerque. I have a bunch in the air. And on the ground, I chased a balloon onto indian reservation land. Just so many memories tonight. Balloonists are a special breed. Know that.

Last edited:
Song: Misty
Artist: Johnny Mathis

If you had asked me who performed this song in the movie "Play Misty For Me" I would have said Johnny Mathis.

But I just looked it up, and it was the composer, Errol Garner, whose instrumental version was played in the film.

by the way I have had the pleasure of being in a balloon several times. loved it, even though I have a little acrophobia,
You'll be ok as long as you don't go up in the Peter Pan, Skippy or Jiffy balloon.

Cheers

Watched a great documentary on Harry Nillson last night.
Never knew that he and the Beatles were so tight. "My Best Friend " was one he wrote about Ringo Starr who was the best man at his third wedding.
Starr was such a great friend, he went to Tiffany's and brought a full tray of wedding rings to the ceremony hoping that Harry and wife could find a pair to fit.
He and Lennon would jam for days and write music. They also got into a boatload of trouble because he brought out the bad side of Lennon.
He wrote the first TV songs for a close friend Micky Dolenz when the Monkees got a shot. He sang a song that didn't catch on until he gave it to
Three Dog Night....."One is the Lonliest Number".

It's worth the two hours.

Every one of the Beatles was asked. "Who is your favorite musical group, other than yourselves?"
Everyone of them said............."Nillson"

George Harrison, Ringo, Dolenz, Mike Weber of America and bunch of other guys sang Nillson's favorite song (about his 1st divorce) at his grave side.
"Fuck You"
Really cool stuff. I'm a big fan of The Monkees even though I was born a decade too late. Micky and Nillson were members of a social club called The Hollywood Vampires along with Alice Cooper and some others. Really cool stories and oh to be a fly on the wall at Rainbow Bar & Grill back in the 70s.

Back