Nostalgic Music Thread

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XrWqDv3Kfsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In honor of Carlos Santana, receiving the Kennedy Center Award tonight- this is, to me, one of his most brilliant compositions:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Sr7z-ikOSR4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Roberta Flack - 1974 - great R&B lovemaking song:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rzo35edO74A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OnGmYLlv9qM" allowfullscreen="" width="420" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

Great roadie song, with a segue to a classic.

Now that 2013 is just about dead, here are some songs from The Dead.

Song: Passenger (from Terrapin Station, 1977)
Artist: Grateful Dead

Song: Shakedown Street (from Shakedown Street, 1978)

Song: Touch Of Grey (from In The Dark, 1987)

Last edited:
Goin back to 1960 - Hank Ballard - love his great voice and drums on this song:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EPhe97IYAko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song: Forever Young
Artist: Bob Dylan and The Band

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/v-RinRrz6DA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best wishes for a successful 2014 for everyone.

:celebrate:

Posting that Roberta Flack song got me to thinking about the incredibly soft and smooth Bob James version:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0CUJ6w0MGSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boy, I still love this one - my favorite version of Deodato's "Superstrut":

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dmNHkt95vvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song: Tell Me All The Things You Do
Artist: Fleetwood Mac

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4slv_ZR2hI0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Outstanding guitar work by Peter Green and Danny Kirwan on this one.

Ah Tip, early Fleetwood Mac, I have a real soft spot I have for them. This is probably my favorite "unknown" Fleetwood Mac tune , the soft and beautiful "DragonFly":

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gS8haFRboRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Song: Sunny Side Of Heaven
Artist: Fleetwood Mac

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-Dp95cSVff4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I posted this back when this thread first started, but the version I put up has been deleted from youtube.

This song is so good it's worth a re-post. :D

Good stuff guys, that's for sure. Here's another gem by them, it's amazing what Bob Welch and Danny Kirwin did for them in the early days:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y1NVm1E_5ok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8jrfluDC9AA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Off the map again as usual.

Cheers

You can't throw a Beagle off the track, BT :) Enjoy!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ukqeES80wuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BT and Beagle, ya got me thinking nostalgically here now! This one from Nat King Cole in 1963 fits into that category for me - my Mom loved him and he was a staple in our house music wise:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FAuPoFRugsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yesterday was Elvis's birthday, so:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yXeqBqkBMcU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Danny O'Keefe, such a talent. Never really got much main stream recognition, but many of his songs were staples on "free form" radio back in the 70's - like this great ballad:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tvV34c0PSQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back