Nostalgic Music Thread

RIP Leslie West....

I really like the cover art for the Mountain albums, so I looked at who did that work.

It turned out that it was Gail Collins Pappalardi, wife of Mountain bassist Felix Pappalardi. She also contributed lyrics to a number of songs by Mountain and Cream.

Oh, and she shot her husband Felix one morning after he came home from spending the evening with a girlfriend.

I really like the cover art for the Mountain albums, so I looked at who did that work.

It turned out that it was Gail Collins Pappalardi, wife of Mountain bassist Felix Pappalardi. She also contributed lyrics to a number of songs by Mountain and Cream.

Oh, and she shot her husband Felix one morning after he came home from spending the evening with a girlfriend.
As she should have.

Merry Xmas darling. Hope you get what you deserve!

Cheers

Song: On Green Dolphin Street
Artist: The Tony Rice Unit

Tony Rice passed away on Christmas morning. RIP to one of the best with a guitar in his hands.

Finally found this song after struggling to remember the name of it. Let's call it an unknown, atmospheric Christmas/Winter song. Do yourself a favor and listen with headphones or good speakers, because the sonics are excellent. Very popular song on WBCN circa the Blizzard of 78.

View: https://youtu.be/Q12rhJWE954

Song: Shelter From The Storm
Artist: Bob Dylan

I've posted other songs from the Blood On Tracks Album - this one is good, too.

It's time to peg the needle on the nostalgia meter.

1609909367333.png

Song: Pied Piper
Artist: Crispian St. Peters

Last edited:

Little red wagon, little red bike
I ain't no monkey but I know what I like.
And I really like this album
Song: Piece Of My Heart
Artist: Big Brother And The Holding Company

Old favorite too.
Loved, miss jj.

Back