Nostalgic Music Thread

Song: Edward, The Mad Shirt Grinder
Artist: Quicksilver Messenger Service

This instrumental starts out slowly, but once it hits its stride, there's no holding it back.

"Dazed and Confused" is a song written by American singer-songwriter Jake Holmes in 1967. Performed in a folk rock-style, he recorded it for his debut album "The Above Ground Sound" of Jake Holmes. Although some concluded that it was about a bad acid trip, Holmes insists the lyrics refer to the effects of a girl's indecision on ending a relationship.
After hearing Holmes perform the song in August 1967, English rock group the Yardbirds reworked it with a new arrangement. It soon became a centerpiece of their tours, several recordings of which have been released, including on Yardbirds '68, produced by guitarist Jimmy Page.

"Dazed and Confused" was further adapted by Page's new group for their debut album, Led Zeppelin. It became a signature song and concert staple for much of the group's career. Holmes attempted to contact Page in the 1980s regarding the songwriting credit, but received no response. In 2010, Holmes filed a lawsuit and the matter was settled out of court, with the credit on Led Zeppelin releases being changed to "Jimmy Page, inspired by Jake Holmes".

View: https://youtu.be/6DnGQHGLzYQ

"Dazed and Confused" is a song written by American singer-songwriter Jake Holmes in 1967. Performed in a folk rock-style, he recorded it for his debut album "The Above Ground Sound" of Jake Holmes. Although some concluded that it was about a bad acid trip, Holmes insists the lyrics refer to the effects of a girl's indecision on ending a relationship.
After hearing Holmes perform the song in August 1967, English rock group the Yardbirds reworked it with a new arrangement. It soon became a centerpiece of their tours, several recordings of which have been released, including on Yardbirds '68, produced by guitarist Jimmy Page.

"Dazed and Confused" was further adapted by Page's new group for their debut album, Led Zeppelin. It became a signature song and concert staple for much of the group's career. Holmes attempted to contact Page in the 1980s regarding the songwriting credit, but received no response. In 2010, Holmes filed a lawsuit and the matter was settled out of court, with the credit on Led Zeppelin releases being changed to "Jimmy Page, inspired by Jake Holmes".

View: https://youtu.be/6DnGQHGLzYQ

I'm thinking of writing a song, just to see how long it takes for Led Zeppelin to copy it and claim it as their own. :rimshot:

Love it Heard them both for the first time on a great show spinoff of The X-Files, Millennium. Very dramatic scenes.
Likely my 2 favs from PS.

PS. I may have to check out Millennium; huge X-Files fan.

Likely my 2 favs from PS.

PS. I may have to check out Millennium; huge X-Files fan.

Highly recommended, especially the first 2 of 3 seasons but the third was is good too. Enjoy.

Back