Nostalgic Music Thread

Song: Spooky
Artist: Classics IV, Atlanta Rhythm Section

Mrs. TR and I were listening to the ARS version, and enjoying it very much. Then we decided to listen to the original version. We hadn't recalled that it had an outstanding saxophone performance in it.

Song: Honky Cat
Artist: Elton John

I just listened to this on headphones for the first time. I never realized how much was going on in this song - this is Elton at the height of his composition powers.

Song: Spooky
Artist: Classics IV, Atlanta Rhythm Section

Mrs. TR and I were listening to the ARS version, and enjoying it very much. Then we decided to listen to the original version. We hadn't recalled that it had an outstanding saxophone performance in it.

The Classics IV version is really great. The production values are tremendous. Throw their "Stormy" into the mix, which is their other huge hit and just about as good.

I was at the Elks Club in Bristol, RI recently and they had a nice sound system/juke box and somebody pumped a lot of cash into that thing and played both of those songs, along with
a lot of other great 60's stuff. Here was another one of the mystery DJ's tasty selections that always takes me back to that time.

View: https://youtu.be/D82hxqedMT0

Back