Nostalgic Music Thread

Song: Can You Understand?
Artist: Renaissance

Featuring one of the best voices rock music has ever heard: the fabulous Annie Haslam.

Maybe not nostalgic but Garth Brooks has now formally announced three concerts here in Croke Park which is out biggest stadium at 80,000 capacity. It's astonishing the level of support he has here in Ireland. A few years back he planned 5 concerts in Croke Park, all sold out in a flash, 400,000 tickets! but there was then an issue with the city council and nearby residents and they were cancelled.

I140705_153151_1083403oTextCS_54859020.jpg

Maybe not nostalgic but Garth Brooks has now formally announced three concerts here in Croke Park which is out biggest stadium at 80,000 capacity. It's astonishing the level of support he has here in Ireland. A few years back he planned 5 concerts in Croke Park, all sold out in a flash, 400,000 tickets! but there was then an issue with the city council and nearby residents and they were cancelled.

I140705_153151_1083403oTextCS_54859020.jpg
We are huge fans. One year I got the husband the entire CD collection of Garth's music. He was a happy camper. Maybe for his fans, this time around they will get to enjoy his music live.

We are huge fans. One year I got the husband the entire CD collection of Garth's music. He was a happy camper. Maybe for his fans, this time around they will get to enjoy his music live.

Country&Western has a huge following over here, especially in rural areas. It's probably the Irish music-Bluegrass connection or something. They even have a name for it here, 'Country N'Irish'

Country&Western has a huge following over here, especially in rural areas. It's probably the Irish music-Bluegrass connection or something. They even have a name for it here, 'Country N'Irish'
I really like that. Cool.

Song: Poor Poor Pitiful Me
Artists: Warren Zevon, Linda Ronstadt

Lead guitar on both versions: Waddy Wachtel

Back